It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red light flying in the sky..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I was out last night when suddenly this red light came flying right below the skys.. it was certainly not a plane because im pretty sure they dont use red lights
it was also flying too fast to be a plane and it didnt move like a plane either, it was flying too smoothly to be a plane

i'd like to know if anybody has ever seen this kind of thing, or has any idea of what it could be

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Are you really sure planes dont have red lights?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

I' ve never seen somenthing like the lights you described but I wanted to make a question:
Were you alone when you saw the lights ?? If not did the people who were with you get the same impression of "somenthing strange" ??

I hope other members will be able to help you in clarifying your experience.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPayt
it was certainly not a plane because im pretty sure they dont use red lights

Every plane in the world has a blinking red light on the left wing.
They are navigation lights.
Green on right wing, white on tail fin.

it was also flying too fast to be a plane

Do you know jets are able to fly faster than sound? It's known as MACH speed. A B-747 cruises at 550 MPH, with a max of 590 MPH. An F-16 does almost 3 times that cruising speed.

it didnt move like a plane either, it was flying too smoothly to be a plane

As opposed to what? A plane/jet doesn't visibly bounce around, they do fly smoothly. It's part of aerodynamics.

[edit on 17/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Heh, that's weird. I was watching the moon eclipse last night when i saw a small chaotically blinking red light in the sky, flying from the south to the west. I thought it was a little strange, first because it seemed to me it was blinking chaotically, like i said, unlike any plane i saw, secondly because it didnt have any visible white light, like normally planes do, and third because it didn't seem to move that smoothly. But i thought it's just optical illusions due to the fact that it was very far away.

But now that you said it, planes have red lights on the left wing, and that thing was flying from my left to my right. So i was looking at its right wing, no? Shouldn't it have been the green blinking light that i saw instead of the red one?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by somenthingbeautiful

i wasnt alone, i was with 5 friends and we all agreed that it was certainly not a plane..

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

it wasnt blinking, it was a red ball of light.. and what i mean is that, it wasnt "flying" like a plane, it looked like it was ice skating across the sky.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Think of a Raptor or the new mig.
They do such weird maneuvers in the sky, at night it would look weird with the nav lights.
And if they were really high up, to do faster speeds, you wouldn't even hear them.
Thats not to say all lights in the sky phenomenon can be explained as this though.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Did it look like a meteor?

Meteors can be red (or almost any other color), and there are quite a few about right now with the Perseid meteor shower winding down, as well as others that are active at a low level.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

Yeah I saw this last night at approximatly 2:45 in Worcestershire, UK...where abouts are you from?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Amongst the numerous crafts witnessed by my kids (aged 6-17) and me this year, 2 had red lights, both flew slowly. The first, April 12th, had a huge red light that pulsed slowly but completely covered the craft, so you couldn't identify it. But just before I went out and witnessed it for 5 minutes, where it stopped and hovered overhead, there was a psi contact where I was rooted to the spot, and the words "We represent the human race." came very clearly in direct answer to my thoughts at the time. Planes can't hover, and helicopters make noise. The second was our last day of visiting my grandmother in the Okanagan, it suddenly appeared to the north east and slowly, soundlessly flew over until it vanished behind a dark cloud behind the house, and didn't exit. My 17 year old has very sharp eyes, and said it was a diamond shaped under the red. That night my 6 year old refused to sleep until after midnight, and was terrified of the window. Obviously the novelty of so many sightings, including triangle craft over our house, was wearing off, and he said he thought they were following us, and he didn't want them to take him through the window.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I saw something exactly like what was descriibes, whats strange is shortly before i saw something that looked like a rocket (firework) go up but back down rather sharpish but the trail it left behind were far to large for it to be a firework plus the fact it didn't explode like they do, but anyways shortly after this a red light came flying through the sky to that exact location and slowed down and lowered towards the left of where i was watching, it went out of sight for a mere 20 seconds as it was from quite a distance and disappeared behind scenary, but it came back uyp quite quickly and just sped off out of sight. I'm in Derby East midlands but judging by my Geographical location where the 1st thing happend must of been a remote area between Derby and Nottingham and this light sort of came from the north side of derby almost overhead and around 15 seconds later was in this remote area,I was able to notice it wasnt just a plane cos EMA airport isn't far away so I see all sorts of plane routes yet I have never seen any go this fast without that bright front "headlight" that all planes had.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
we talked about it being a meteor, but it was clearly not one..

i live right on the edge of copenhagen, Ballerup, Denmark

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

Yes, I have seen the object in the sky moving a a good speed across the horizon to horizon with the light becoming brighter at times. Sometimes the light would change colors as it flew out of my field of vision.

I have thru the years been given insight to the Spheres of Light so I have shared the sighting with many other people through the years. I have been up to 20 feet from one of these that communicated with me at about 5 am and responded by changing its course to come to visit me where it lowered to just above the ground and revealed to me much of its beauty as I saw many different wheels with in wheels that moved about the Sphere that was living. I have since then been able to have them come to me if they are in the area. I pray you do see more if that is in your heart and soul? Keep the Faith

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I to saw somthing fly over my house in CO no red lights but no flashing lights it appeared to be about as high as a helicopter but made no noise what so ever it did seem to get colder as it passed this object flew with incredible speed and even though jets fly smooth this did still seem to be ..unafected by gravity almost like it was the wind anyway when it first saw it in the distance it cought my eye because there was three 2 obviouse jets following somthing else that was not blinking this was a ways away in the distance the object took 3 min to go from far away to over and by my head the jets that where once right behind it took about an our to make the same path and wher higher and rummbled the ground as they passed it kinda freeked me out i know because my digital camera was within seeing distance and i could not move to get it until it was to late this object seemed to be looking for somthing it had a spotlight turned a circle of land about an acre wide into day far advanced but not beyond governenent capability's ? so i feel i definitally saw somthing i was not supposed to not sure what exactally or who exactally made this but somone is keeping it a secret ps lot of strange >SNIP< in the sky metor showers nonstop why?

[Mod edit for censor circumvention]

[edit on 8/17/2008 by yeahright]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
real strange sighting me and my buddy had a few months back, I've never mentioned it till now because you mentioned red lights.

we were standing in the back garden doing a bit of star gazing when suddenly my mate shouts to look up, and as he does i see 7 red lights that DID NOT FLASH moving very fast across the sky, they looked as bright as a plane light but bigger, 4 lights were moving parallel while 3 moved around each other, they moved just like birds but 5x faster. it was definitely the most incredible thing I've seen in the sky.

-not a satellite
-not a plane
-not a bird...

strange.

the encounter was SW London in the UK. at about 10pm, i didn't believe it happened at first so never posted about it, but now you guys have started talking about red lights i thought i'd put in my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

Hy I live in The Netherlands, Europe and I saw a weird red ball kinda object flying through the sky late in the evening (in July)... I don't know what it was and it went really fast. I don't think it was some kinda of flying craft, but more like a star or meteor. I wanted to show my friend, but it was already gone..., we were both in her backyard and it went by behind her... She didnt see...
It was pretty big and at first I thought it was a plane-light, but it was to big and round, a plane went by a few seconds later, no probs what so ever... really weird...
Maybe somebody else saw it and knows what it is...
Cause I don't know how a falling meteor looks like...
Again, it was big red and round and you could see the red light ''tail'' because of the speed...

Anyone has a clue???

Thanks
Pan Yoshimishi

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

we talked about it being a meteor, but it was clearly not one..

Might I ask what specifically led you to the conclusion that it could not be a meteor?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hey guys, I live in lithuania and I watched the moon eclipse too. Then came a few red lights in the sky. I was very sceared when I saw much more those lights coming from horisont. There was about 30 mysterious red lights. I wasn't alone. there was my mom and my brothers, my aunt and my cousin. I think it is a top secret of my life

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join