It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama did great, but McCain hit the home runs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My point is merely that we don't have to raise taxes. We just need to cut useless spending.

If the government doesn't use the money it gets on useless things, it will save that money. Thus it does not need to raise taxes.

People think cutting spending is going to lead to disaster or weaken the USA. But were we in that bad of shape in the year 2000? No, in fact we were in much better shape back then. If we cut spending back to year 2000 levels, the amount of money we save and are not spending would be equal or maybe even more than the entire income the US Government gets from the income tax.

We could completely get rid of the income tax, something that 100% of Americans hate! It's possible and not even hard to do, and there would be no consequences at all for it!

But shh. ;-P Politicians won't tell you that. They love to spend money, especially when it's not their own. I mean, who wouldn't any way?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheFacts
I surely don't support McCain since I view him as a RINO (republican in name only)

I think he did quite well in the forum but I share your sentiments regarding his political positions. This is actually the first time I am very interested in who will be the Vice-Presidential nominee, which McCain has just announced will be August 29th.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADisbeliever
My point is merely that we don't have to raise taxes. We just need to cut useless spending.

Your point - as can be read in your original post - is MERELY to denegrate one particular person while ignoring that the other person has probably a worse prospectus on this matter. Your point is MERELY naive.

As a True Republican I yearn for the day we see a decrease in central federal government and release the citizen from the burdens of that bloated government. But I don't hear McCain stating anything that will achieve that. In fact, I hear him talking about warring without deadlines and acting as if producing what little offshore reserves are left as the answer to irresponsible behavior.

I prefer to hear conservation, exploration and development of alternative energy sources, and a long-term view of what will actually SUSTAIN us - not maintain our power-mongering position, but sustain us as a global neighbor. Oh damn - that's probably just too kind.

[edit on 8-19-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Mc Cain must become the next President of the U.S.A !!!!!!!

Its the only way we can have World War Three !!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I am so glad puppet #1 is beating puppet #2...ha

Lets not get emotionally or better yet, mentally involved...

From the lessons learned from the Bush administration, candidates will say anything to get elected.

If you had a society of people that you were going to run, who would pick the old tortured fart? All of you are crazy.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Obama saying he will get advice from his wife may have been a mistake.

Well he obviously wears the skirt when it comes to being president then... hurting...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ADisbeliever

When we were a nation of prosperity and production in the world we were still taxed, don't even think that now that we have fallen in bankruptcy and had lost our wealth builders of this nation taxes are going to disappear.

Race yourself to be paying more for less and taxes will never become a thing of the pass, but get yourself used to be paying now taxes for the support of those foreign nations buying out our nation.

That is how the nations private interest makes their fortunes, the only thing they contribute is to creating and giving us wars.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Spock Shock

Well let me remind you that behind every president has always been a woman helping with decisions, some stronger than others but neverless they are the ones sharing the bed of the president and at that time is not advisors with them in bed unless that is something that is kept in secret.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I agree 100%! Obama seems like a nice guy, but just says the same thing over and over again. One can only buy the "we need change" thing the first thousand times. I hate to admit that McCain seems to have a lot more true political worth. he knows a lot more than Obama. Good post!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
I agree 100%! Obama seems like a nice guy, but just says the same thing over and over again. One can only buy the "we need change" thing the first thousand times. I hate to admit that McCain seems to have a lot more true political worth. he knows a lot more than Obama. Good post!

I don't know, sir or ma'am, it is my humble opinion that the only thing McCain did in this forum is electioneer. He played to the audience, fed them the responses they wanted.... there's no real indication that he was being genuine. As far as repeating the same thing over and over again, "We need change" is annoying, but so is, "I was a POW."

I don't vote, so it's not like my mind was changed by this debate, but McCain is certainly nothing more than a politician.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter

I don't know, sir or ma'am, it is my humble opinion that the only thing McCain did in this forum is electioneer. He played to the audience, fed them the responses they wanted.... there's no real indication that he was being genuine. As far as repeating the same thing over and over again, "We need change" is annoying, but so is, "I was a POW."

I don't vote, so it's not like my mind was changed by this debate, but McCain is certainly nothing more than a politician.

Whether you believe Mccain played the audience or not (Ill get to my opinion on that in a little), the same can be said for Obama 99% of the time.

Now, I do agree with you that Mccain played the audience and Obama could have well also (just in a smoother manner), but there is no debating that Obama doesnt do it either.

My point I am making is that whether they played the audience or not, go off what they said their policies are instead of how they said them.

That still doesnt change the fact that they BOTH will switch their minds resulting in something worse, but thats the chance we take with these two wackos.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
With no intent to offend anyone, a point of information is necessary:

The day Bill Clinton was sworn into office, the U.S. National debt was in excess of 4 trillion dollars. When he left office the national debt was just under 6 trillion dollars.

Under the Bush 43 administration, the national debt has increased to about 10 trillion dollars.

Every President since Franklin Roosevelt has had to deal with a national debt

The national debt has increased almost every year since the beginning of the Lyndon Johnson administration. To blame this debt on any President is a little short sighted. They all did it. They are all guilty as are both Houses of Congress.

The only way to pay of the national debt is to take in more in taxes than our politicians can spend. I don't think I will live long enough to ever see this happen. Our banker lords will not allow it.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Oldnslo]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
We'll see. There is a difference between saying what he means, and saying what the public wants to hear. Being a good salesman doesn't mean you can run the country effectively. I'm sick of politicians saying one thing, and doing something else. It's no longer a vote for the best president, it's a vote for the one who might not be lying the most.

Dang.. I'm such a jaded cynic now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join