It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine offers West radar warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Ukraine offers West radar warning

news.bbc.co.uk

Ukraine has said it is ready to make its missile early warning systems available to European nations following Russia's conflict with Georgia.

The foreign ministry said Moscow's abrogation earlier this year of an accord involving two tracking stations allowed it to co-operate with others.

President Viktor Yushchenko said his country could ensure its sovereignty only through collective security.

Last week, Kiev limited the freedom of movement of Russia's Black Sea Fleet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It sounds to me like this move in completely political. I do not know know the full ramifications of it, but it just does not seem good at all. Any one who has ideas or knowledge on what this will mean please do post them.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is the same guy who's face is jacked up due to an attempted assasination by poison correct? Allegedly by the Russians? And you don't think it's good? (I'll quote you) "I do not know the full ramifications of it, but it just does not seem good at all".

Basic survival instinct 101. What Russia has done in Georgia should alarm all of the democratically elected leaders of the now independant former soviet states. In other words, the writing is on the wall.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is only the beginning.

I will not be surprised to find Ukraine rushed into either NATO or an alliance with the US by December.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The ukraine has seen the 'Moscow graffiti' on the wall. It isn't pleasent reading, so they have taken a step towards assuring their survival. The invite the USA in to build its missile defence shield, station its troops, and if the Russians roll into the Ukraine, the USA is at war. Simple method of survival for the Ukraine.

It also gets mega bucks from the USA for sighting its missile systems in Ukraine territory.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Another angle on the Ukraine/Russia situation if you are interested...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In that report, one person said "we are next" if the president says or does something... Maybe this is it?

The perceptible level of war is getting so thick you can almost taste it now.

Why can't everyone have their own sand box to play with all their war toys in?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
This is the same guy who's face is jacked up due to an attempted assasination by poison correct? Allegedly by the Russians? And you don't think it's good?

I don't think its good for political stability of the region. Russia is already mad enough at us for the missile defense system. I seems to me like this could only make things worse. So the hand writing is on the walls. Please do tell what do you think that hand writing is saying?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

The writing says... I'm Vladamir Putin, I'm now in the middle of my third term, I'm not going anywhere, and I'm coming for you! That's what it says. If Russia has no intentions of shooting missles at anybody, why would they have a problem with a missle DEFENSE system?

[edit on 8/16/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Graffiti reads 'We have oil money, we have gas money, we have food, we have gold. We are soon to become an empire again, one former state at a time'.

Ukraine needs allies, military allies. Russia hit Georgia BEFORE it got NATO membership for a reason.

Ukraine will get hit the same way. Buffer zone building.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

i can just picture putin and the new president (what ever his name is)
in a emergency session coming up with a speach on how this is to far and so forth.

or

getting their migs ready to bomb the place

arent these radar sites former russian gear anyway?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hmm lets see here...

THe Ukraine is moving towards a Modern, Pro-Western Society...
Wanting to wstablish good relations with the US, and EU, and Nato...

Sound Familiar...

Hopefully one of Putins lower-advisors give him a Polunium Sushi dish...

Russia went Unchecked when they attacked Georgia...
So why should they fear anyone...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
When Russia pulled out of the Ukraine, they left the Ukraine with a very large arsenal of weaponry. It belongs to the Ukraine now, not 'leased or lent' by Russia.

If the ukraine wants a USAF base on its own soil, its up to them. if they want a missile defence base, again its up to them. Russia is sabre rattling and trying to scare smaller states into submission.

They like a buffer zone around the Russian land, so their wars are fought on others land, not the Russian home soil. A hard lesson learnt from WWII.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

... I'm Vladamir Putin, I'm now in the middle of my third term, I'm not going anywhere, and I'm coming for you!

Photo of Putin...

[edit on 16-8-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The Russian are the same as the Germans were. You have to kick them in the ass to get them to listen.

If a guy was a person that wanted to really get an insight to the current Russian situation and how Putin is thinking, look into how Hitler came into power. Much more involved than what one sees on the news or reads on the internet. The Nazis purged the free press and other political parties before really coming into power. You see much the same inside Russia right now with reporters dying in suicides and other mysterious means, political opponents being shipped off to god knows where. All you have to do is take the blinders off and dig a little bit, and know a little bit about history. Putin is a relative young man that still has many years ahead of him. He is still in power building mode, not war mode.

Ukraine is on the very short list of things to do for Russia. Like I have said in another thread, Poland is the side show and Georgia was the message, Ukraine is the target for the Russians. They are not a NATO member, but will become one unless something happens. Russia is what will happen.

Many people think that the USA is down and out with Iraq and Afghanistan going and we can't possibly take any more on. This is pure BS being driven by Generals wanting nothing but more money and more manpower, with liberal newsheads talking to the sheep. Our defense is built to fight 2 wars at the same time. not 2 police actions.

This isn't American bravado talking, this is fact. The Russians know this and they are not stupid.

Put the missiles in Poland and go ahead and stick some in Ukraine at the same time. Russia will place some weapons in Cuba and probably South America. It'll be a cold war as Russia isn't willing to step up.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is all good news. First Georgian forces gun down 2,000 civilians in South Ossetia; second, Bush/Rice/CNN/Fox all blame Russia for in incursion; third, everyone starts taking sides and talking nukes...wait, this is not good news. Does Bush/Cheney have anything lame-duck sensibilities? It seems they are in this for the long-haul, which is scary because we have an election coming up.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

isnt that like the US?
they like wars faught off US soil and on the soil of others

not being anti-american but Russia and the US do share some common things

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

That photo would make a stuffed bear $hit cotton. Make no mistake about it, he will impose his will upon the former states in the not to distant future, and he will do so envoking a sense of "Russian" pride to rally the masses.

My favorite photo of Putin was of him standing in a stream fishing, almost made him look human. You know what, Cheney should invite Putin to go on a hunting trip, Ted Kennedy can pick him up at the airport and drive him there.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The Ukraine is so important strategically,

I cant blame them for aligning themselves reactively to the Georgian situation, however if any country would be on Russia's next port of call it would be Ukraine.

you might find this helpful OP in trying to make sense of all this!
:Georgia*Russia*Poland Missile Defense Shield ATS Thread!

I will update it for this thread

I wonder how far Ukraine will go in survival mode?

Allow major US bases?

Kind regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Again I have to repeat myself from another similar post.

What is your point, and how is this news?

The Ukraine is due to enter into NATO, it is an ally of the West, it has participated in two NATO "war games"...
Ukraine installations have been, long before Russia invaded Georgia, used by the USAF, RCAF and the RAF for years now. Of course it's putting all it's capabilities at the disposal of NATO, not just the USA, we are going to pay for their new equipment anyway...

On the other end Russians tried to kill their President, guess he didn't like that very much, and they still haven't officially recognized the Odessa peninsula as being part of the Ukraine.

So, I'm guessing, the Ukrainians don't want to be next...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Both Georgia and Ukraine we're NATO Candidates before the incident, look for news prior to 08/08/08 like end July time you'll find varying stories including Russia, Georgia...

Anyway they must be nuts after Poland was threatened with nukes to offer radar in hopes of NATO membership, Nuts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join