It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: No violations because patient was dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Court: No violations because patient was dead

www.detnews.com

STERLING HEIGHTS -- Three nursing home employees did not violate a law meant to protect patients from abuse when they arranged a dead woman's body into different poses and snapped pictures, the state appeals court has ruled.

In a decision released Friday, the Michigan Court of Appeals unanimously ruled that because a dead body is not a person, it is not protected under a statute that protects patient abuse in nursing homes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Preparing a body does not mean posing it in different positions and taking photos of it. Besides being fired, these nurses should have had their nurse's aide licenses revoked. I would not want these aids to work in a nursing home if I had relatives there. I can't believe people would disrespect the dead like that.

www.detnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
wow.. no one else has any comments on this? Maybe I put it in the wrong area? Maybe it should have went in ats?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just because a person is diseased doesn't mean there are no victime. What about this persons family? This had to be very victimizing to them.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would think that they were victims even though they were dead, but apparently not according to the article. If I were a relative of the victim, I would certainly feel victimized.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hmm, this is almost to say that grave-robbing and resulting deceased body degradation (it really does happen, more than I wish I knew) will only have charges of destruction of property, that being the graveyard?

I think not only does action need to be taken about these nurses but also of everyone serving on that court pf appeals!!

Humans ........ such a disgusting bunch of creatures, no wonder I have the sig as is here.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Horrific, i have to ask the obvious question. Nurses are supposed to be caring individuals, if these people can do this then how could they be caring? How could they be expected to provide good patient care?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
They are not nurses. They are nurse aides. They get hired in off the street and get about 2-6 weeks of training. Nurses would know better than to do something like this. Minimal training or not, the nurse aides SHOULD know better. People are defective.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
A human being should know better than this. It doesn't matter that they were only nurses aids. I was one for a short time and got absolutely no training. Loved the old folks, but hated the staff and how they treated them.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What of the "victem" here. Personally if I died, I think it would be a hoot for people to put my corpse in different poses and take pictures of it.

Heck I want my body launched into heavy traffic using a catipult after I die.

So what if the person was like this? Kinda kooky and would have thought that this kind of thing was funny? Is it then still awefull?

The body is a shell after the person dies. I am sorry but a corpse is just a piece of rotting meat at that point. We as a society put way too much importance on our remeins.

[edit on 8/17/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That is the city I am in. HAHAHA this city is going to be the next detroit warren is already closer then in my city.

Our city crime has gone up.

I heard about this but people in my city well most but not all don't care about this lol.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by computerwiz32]

top topics

join