It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Cause Chaos in The UK - Brits Suspect Invasion!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There will come a time where you will no longer be able to say sky lantern, lens flare, cgi, photoshop, hoax. Trust me...the time will come.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Still, as always, not even close to convinced. It's one white light in the sky. Could be one of a dozen things. I figure when they come down and show themselves for all to see then I will start to worry.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
I don't think the chinese lantern argument can in any way cast doubt on the FACT that there are alien spacecraft flying around in our skies.

I don't think that the claim that alien spacecraft flying around in our skies as being fact can cast any doubt on the fact that sometimes none of us knows for certain what they really are....

[edit on 17/8/08 by flice]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
In the uk here, seen exactly the same thing about 2weeks ago just to add.

same things as described in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-8-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I filmed this glowing ball of light here in london over a year ago.. 4 of them passed over directly above each at about 10 minutes apart....
and i still dont know what to make of it..

s292.photobucket.com...

Some vid caps at different levels

i292.photobucket.com...

i292.photobucket.com...

i292.photobucket.com...

[edit on 17-8-2008 by CosmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
im uk as well.. no panic here.

tabloid over-exageration once again.

More interested in russia than ufo's at the mo.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
OH NO!. It's an invasion!

We should tell the governments of the world that they need to defend this planet by large arms buildups and liberty restricting legislation. Matter of fact, I'd like to go ahead and be re-located to a safe place ... maybe some sort of camp with razor wire so that the aliens can't get in.

Please NATO, save us ... you're our only hope.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hey CosmicTraveler that's great footage, just like the orbs I saw. Was it moving much? It's hard to tell from the video.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Hate to say it but it looks like those Sky Lanterns from Big Home Fireworks.
I brought two home here to Sicily with me after visiting the States.
Let one off in the Condo where it drifted up up and out over the beach then the water until it finally disappeared.
Did it cause a stir or what!
Everyone at the Lido (beach piano bar) just went nuts as they didn’t see it until it was up extremely high.
Woohoo!
Too bad it looked exactly like the two videos I watched from the links here.
Hate to say it but if no new info shows up - my vote goes for lanterns.
I should go let off the one I have left and video it.
Anyway, great find, thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicTraveler

Hey dood you've been filming fireworks! Nah sorry it's the Chinese Lanterns, or fire flies. what tosh from that response I just read below to your post. You've got some awesome footage there, the way the ufo orb of the amber/orange type is joined by another fast moving one and then shoots off............................... that's absolutely fantastic footage.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I live in Bournemouth UK I am realy interested to read about there being orange orbs sited as one evening approx 3 weeks ago as the sun had just gone below the horizon I was sitting in the lounge and spotted a very bright orange light coming from the west in a straight line at first I thought it was the sun reflecting of an aircraft but as it got nearer, I couldnt work out what it was as it was very bright quite big and quite fast moving.
I ran out the back of my property and watched it No sound at all, that ruled out an aircraft, travelling in a very straight line at a constant speed, and too fast to be a balloon. also too bright to be a chineese lantern as it wasnt dark outside yet, I dont believe in UFO s although this was certainly unidentified and I cannot offer any explanation as to what it was.
Dave

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hi - i new here, not good in english, but I hope you can understand I mean.
On nights 14./15 in our country we can see much falling stars, it was very interesting, yesterday night, about midnight, i stay with friends in my pool and we look to the sky to the falling stars - we see more than 20 - suddenly my two cats sitting on roof and begin to querrisch to cry - we have a look on them and near them are two consoltating falling stars - but the stars don´t fall, they stand - I think for 30 - 40 second - and then they go up to the sky - we are very confusion. nobody knows what happend now - I think, this was two ufos, my friends think this was a hallucination - what do you mean about this?

rena

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There has been a lot of activity around Bristol Channel, since April this year - well 3 occasions times that I've witnessed a single white star like object lower than most planes; and one eve an hour or more of red objects over Bristol. Unsure of this one though due to the location being 10+miles and from time to time Air ballons launch off in the Bristol area-seems to be a craze there.
Tried filming this and could only just make two lights out as the moon in near background took the attention of the camera focus.

Otherwise, something weird must be going on I think. Had never seen anything like before April 2008, now once a month - and I'm not looking all the time, besides it's usually raining or cloudy! So heads up people!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
A Greater Manchester Police spokes-man said: “It is believed the lights occurred naturally, possible as a result of a meteor shower.”

Need I say more?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago where they released about a dozen of these lanterns as part of the entertainment and celebration. A few points worth noting:

1: Once they're above house-height, they look eerily ufonic.

2: Their movements are determined by the wind, which often varies in force and direction at different altitudes, so they can occasionally seem intelligently directed.

3: Civil aviation had to grant clearance as these commercially made lanterns contained metal parts and might have affected, I was told, radar or have otherwise been a hazzard to aircraft.

4: They're awful purdy.

If you've never seen these things, go out and launch a couple, just to observe them, familiarise yourself with them, maybe video them and share the footage - with a prize for the weirdest flight pattern.

At least then we can be sure that none of us will misidentify them as alien spacecraft.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm from Holland and I've seen lights in the sky, like in Rotterdam, 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

My first reaction was that it was a helicopter with a searchlight on, cause I know that the police here are flying a lot of patrols to find illegal weed plantations in the corn fields in rural parts of holland.

Still this doesn't explain why they would fly high altitude with searchlights on, even blinking with them. I also couldn't hear an engine.

In one of the videos posted it looked like a searchlight going across the clouds. though.

It could just be a plane, although they normally don't use lights like this during regular flight.

I also haven't seen them perform strange manouvres.

But I have seen a lot of activity in the night sky the last month.

I've seen a "sky serpent" and I've seen what I thought was just a satelite going in a straight line, suddenly make a zig-zagging motion for a few seconds and then dissapear into space.

I don't know what to think about these lights, but I think I have to be a bit skeptic, I have a feeling they have a more Earth based origin.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The daily star newspaper isnt exactly the best source for ....... well anything. Here in the UK is practically a joke newspaper so i wouldnt take too much notice.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hiya, first time post here. I have only been reading the forums here for a couple of days.

I was browsing the forums just now while at work and came across this thread. I live on the Kent coast and my father called me out at night to check out an identical matching light ooh about two - three weeks ago?
I am quite a sceptic when it comes to lights in the sky as I think people jump the gun. I am also very used to plane lights flying over this area.

The light was 100% a really bright orange orb in the sky that caught your eye due to the size and which was very clear, remaining stationary and then at intervals of about 2-3 minutes would flare up very dramatically.

I hasten to add a few points. I only mentioned this as it was a very stunning orange light and the night was very clear. We have not seen it since and are night owls.
I am sure it could have been anything to be honest. I am not well versed on the night sky and do not watch out for items. I can also say I am sure I have never seen a ufo. I do not want to either as aliens and ufos give me the heebies on a massive scale.
It was enough to shock my father into noticing it and calling me out though and was definitely not a 'regular fixture'.

Sorry I could not offer any more information I just thought I would add that we shared a similar experience.

P.S. Hello everyone
and back to work I go. Great site btw

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
'The Daily star' a great read, wasn't that the paper that reported seeing a London bus on the moon? or was that the 'sun' or Daily Spurt' ( oops sorry Daily SpOrt'?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join