It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bigfoot" fails DNA test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

"Bigfoot" fails DNA test

news.yahoo.com

Results from tests on genetic material from alleged remains of one of the mythical half-ape and half-human creatures, made public at a news conference on Friday held after the claimed discovery swept the Internet, failed to prove its existence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Bigfoot creatures are said to live in the forests of the U.S. Pacific Northwest. An opossum is a marsupial about the size of a house cat.

So this is it? A possum?

I truly think they should use these guys as an example and create a new law called, "1st Degree HOAXer" with a mandatory sentence of toilet scrubbing the public restrooms in the city they're from. I'm just saying...

A Possum?

AAAC

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well the first thing that seemed odd to me about this was that they were calling it "Bigfoot". In that part of the country "Bigfoot" is known as the "Skunkape"; that is the first thing that got me thinking it was bogus.

Another part was who these guys were aligned with, and the fact that one of them is a Sheriff's Deputy on medical leave for shooting himself in the hand. Some good ol' boys with a bunch of free time on their hands trying to pull a fast one on people.

I hope the Deputy gets fired for perpetuating such a hoax and knowing full well that it was a lie.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I believe this is a crime I read somewhere there is some charge they can be charged with for making a public hoax and earning money off it.
I cant think of the actual law but its a fairly rare law not used very often and its not usual fraud.If any law experts could help out on that one.
These guys need to be dealt with if they think they can blatantly lie to the mass public for personal profit.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If they have a body, and it's human, I can't wait for the arrest for suspicion of murder.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
They don't have a body, and its not human, its a costume with possum guts in it.
How did human dna get in a bigfoot costume?
If people had worn the costume it would have been contaminated with human dna.All they would have to do was spit on it and it gets human dna on it.
Then they throw in the possum guts and you get the result they gave.
A complete lie, a total hoax, for them to make money.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If this had to do with ManBearPig, I think Al Gore would be super pissed. And I'm sure he'd be super serial about it too.

I really hope these guys are brought up on charges though. Here in Washington State it is illegal to kill a "Bigfoot", I'm not sure if it is a Federal Law. And it got me wondering: "What if these guy's killed it? Would they be thrown in jail for killing the creature?"

I myself have been woken up in the middle of the night by the hellish screams of what I later found out to be "Bigfoot", while camping up in the mountains when I was younger. Absolutely bone chilling.

My personal belief is that "Bigfoot" is just a Giganto species of ape. Kind of like a "Super Gorilla" from Asia many many years ago. Apparently it came over on the Bering Straight when it was the "land bridge". Makes the most sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wait a minute, they have three results.

One is indeterminate

One is Human

and One is 96% from an Opossum.

www.washingtonpost.com...

news.yahoo.com...

So, two of the results support that this creature is something completely new. What the heck is 96% Opossum?

Here is a dose of reality for ya boys, "Scientists have sequenced the genome of the chimpanzee and found that humans are 96 percent similar to the great ape species."

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Sounds to me like these DNA tests are backing these boys claims.

So if Humans are 96% Chimpanzee, then why can't this creature be 96% Opossum?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
"Asked how much the men hoped to make from the discovery, Biscardi said, "As much as possible."
There is no greater motive for them lying, than this.This makes it far to obvious.Biscardi has been proven 10 times to be a lying con man.

"One of the two samples of DNA said to prove the existence of the Bigfoot came from a human and the other was 96 percent from an opossum, according to Curt Nelson, a scientist at the University of Minnesota who performed the DNA analysis."
"Results of the DNA tests were revealed in an e-mail from Nelson and distributed at the Palo Alto, California, news conference held by Tom Biscardi, host of a weekly online radio show about the Bigfoot."

In order for DNA results to be even considered real, the DNA tester has to go to the source or have it bought to them and take the samples themselves to assure no contamination.
Then sign a sworn affidavit on the findings usable in court.
All they have is an email, from a guy at a university, who they sent some stuff and paid to test it.
If I get some of my saliva, rub it in a plastic baggy and touch some possum guts and rub my finger in there to, what do you think the results would be?
That is a setup dna test.To confuse people on purpose.

"Biscardi said the DNA samples may not have been taken correctly and may have been contaminated, and that he would proceed with an autopsy of the alleged Bigfoot remains, currently in a freezer at an undisclosed location."

The con man himself has admitted the results prove nothing and are not conclusive.
People need to stop supporting these liars attempts to extort money from people.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
of the night by the hellish screams of what I later found out to be "Bigfoot", while camping up in the mountains when I was younger. Absolutely bone chilling.

Was the sound you heard similar to any of these?

www.oregonbigfoot.com...

Would love to know.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Snohomish Screamer absolutely. I got chills hearing that. It is so similar to what woke me up that night.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
A caller to C2C just brought up a good point.

Why would you even need a DNA test if you have the REAL body of an unknown animal?

Just show the body and the DNA test is an afterthought

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Very good point. That is a GREAT point actually, 96%! However, if they are 3 different samples then this would hold no water, but if those results came from one sample that is VERY interesting.

96% possum + 4% human creates a giant Bigfoot.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
They don't have a body, and its not human, its a costume with possum guts in it.
How did human dna get in a bigfoot costume?
If people had worn the costume it would have been contaminated with human dna.All they would have to do was spit on it and it gets human dna on it.
Then they throw in the possum guts and you get the result they gave.
A complete lie, a total hoax, for them to make money.

It's not opossum guts. The guts of an animal are the first thing to be eaten by an opossum. The mouth is the best place to take DNA, which serves two points.

1. This is why the DNA taken from the intestines came up as opossum
2. I wonder if these guys even knew to take a sample from the FreezerFoots mouth.

This is rather typical.

Plus, this thread should be under the main bigfoot thread...

Mods?

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DrOOpieS

[edit on 16-8-2008 by spookjr] This post is now its own thread call My Bigfoot Experience. I would very much like the opinion of the members about my story.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
There is an ongoing discussion about this topic here.

Thread closed.

top topics

join