It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Military supports Obama!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I realize that I am considered "old school" by many here, and maybe I didn't learn "fuzzy math", but...

I cannot reconcile these two statements:

Troops serving abroad have given nearly six times as much money to Obama's presidential campaign as they have to McCain's, the Center for Responsive Politics said.

and

The report tracked donations of $200 or more. It found that 859 members of the military donated a total of $335,536 to Obama. McCain received $280,513 from 558 military donors.

$335,536 is not six times $280,513.

What am I missing here?

Edit: I see what they're saying. But it further serves to illustrate the silliness of the article when they are talking less than 200 military. Factor that out and we have Obama $274,894 and McCain $268,848. Even Steven, faiap.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

look at my post on page 1. It explains it. Might have to click on the sources.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just FYI less than 6% of the military donates money to the elections. Additionally they are party donations, not made to a specific candidate. Believe me when i say, as a deployed Soldier, and as the units voting representative that by far the military favors McCain. Also understand that the majority of us are tired of deploying but not of unjustified wars, since the majority of us believe we haven't seen an unjustified war. The biggest flaw in having a thread like this is that people like yourself make presumptions without knowing any facts. Just to be clear the previous statements i made about Soldiers preferences is based on the fact that the Army tracks everything for statistical data. It is to bad that the ignorance of a few tries to make wild claims for the many members of the military.

Just to clarify the most important point... at the end of the day we don't really care for either one of them.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I can't say that I've EVER met a professional soldier who actually LIKED a politician. The two careers are on opposite ends of the spectrum and, for the most part, politicians screw military men as a matter of course. Even if politician X does increase spending, that money goes to contractors, not soldiers. They won't get any help on the ground, no matter how many trillions of dollars are funneled into the defense industry. Meanwhile, if politician Y cuts spending, it means more hardship for the soldiers and their families.

It's a lose-lose situation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Finally, the truth of all truth. The mother of all truth. Politicians always promise to help the military but like you said they don't get the money. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join