It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you tell your family/friends about 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What are their reactions?
Do they think you are crazy?
What is the theory YOU tell them, among the many...

Will you be caught in the "I TOLD YA SO" scene?

Everyone I tell, well 95%, don't believe me..
But I don't go out blabbing it.. Only to friends I trust, that will give me time to explain and such.

Just wondering..

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

No. Because nothing out of the ordinary will happen. It'll be just another day.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I've told a few as a story I have heard. You know, I don't know what to think myself even, so I just say hey do you know a lot of people think something big is gonna happen in 2012.

Nothing too deep yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have told some friends I work with, but when I talk about it I mainly speak about the physical events that are going to take place, ie: the galactic alignment, then I will expand the conversation into other theories regarding what Could happen.

The simple people don't seem interested but others start googleing videos on the subject. Now we have regular conversation about 2012 and what could happen, it's really cool to be able to talk about it in real life.

Personally I have studied all I can about it, with me it's if the end of the world does happen I don't want to be one of the people that have no idea why.

I have no idea whats going to happen if anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer

No. Because nothing out of the ordinary will happen. It'll be just another day.

Well that's like saying something WILL happen.

You don't know the future, I don't. Therefore you should say your not sure what will happen. Because you don't know the real truth yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

If I may, could you explain to me like you would a friend or family member what exactly you think will happen in 2012, and why you believe this?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well even though I'm not to sold on the 2012 thing, I will probably never tell my family because, either they'd think I'm incredibly paranoid. Or I that I'm joking around with them, they wouldn't believe me anyways...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think there will be polar shift or a crazy solar storm...

Either or. Honestly..

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I stick with the polar shift story. I really doubt anything big will happen.

As for the whole Mayan calender stuff, it's been interpreted different ways, and I personally believe it's just a measurement of time, like years, months, and such. Nothing crazy.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Me and my friends talk about it on occasion. One of my friends whants 2012 to go through so that a certain fellow will build a early warp nodule that will attract the attention of some pointy eared aliens. Dead seriouse.
Otherwise, we've pretty much agreed to have a party of it.
As for family, my dad's not big into conspiracy theories, but my mom is huge into them. She's probably seen every single movie on Youtube, and believes them alll. She's also a devout Christian and believes Zeitgeist, so... yeah.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I am SURE. Nothing will happen.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
When you clearly understand all the issues behind MMXII (2012) phenomenon, it's easy to explain to anyone whom isn't looking to outright reject the truth of the phenomenon.

However, you must ask yourself why you wish to discuss such things with family and friends. When presented in cold hard facts along with understanding of the events, this quite often causes panic. I told one friend and he started putting together a "emergency backpack".

So why do you want to inform your family and friends? So you all can prepair? There is no prepairing for what is coming. So you can talk about it and research it together? This type research is best done on your own. So why do you want to alarm these people you're suposed to love?

On the other side of the MMXII pheonomenon there will be two types of people still alive. Both those with luck and grace will find theirselves still standing after the world falls. To which maybe it's best not to even try to inform others really. If you had a few children, and you knew about 80% of those children were all going to die in 4 years, and you knew there was nothing you could do to save them:

Is it better to let those live in peace for the next 4ish years or is it better to alarm them and have their last days on the planet spent in fear? Sure if one can find peace in the face of death, or even find faith, that would be great, however what's the percentages therein? What's the use to tell the world? It would just make Church attendance bloat up, in their blind spiritualess faith, waiting on a rapture that isn't coming.

This is the Harvest Time!

So seriously? Why tell anyone?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
I think there will be polar shift or a crazy solar storm...

Either or. Honestly..

The more you learn the clearer the picture gets. Scientifically it is already known/understood that 2012 is to be the most spectualar solar max cycle ever recorded. This doesn't take in to account the gravitational forces of the known passage through the galatic plain. The awesome solar event that is forcasted is believed to fry the thousands of manmade satlites we now have in space, and associated with the displacement of the magnetic field this will make a shower of space junk fall on our planet.

It's been prophecied that the space station will even fall. If you factor in several other prophetic pheomenons, that predicted the pole shifting at that time, it's easy to see how 1/3 the world gets fried as the solar max record cycle will cook anything facing the sun.

Now don't be a fool. The Governments of the world are aware of said prophecy. Sure they'd like not to believe such things, and they hope for the best, but they are aware and as soon as the Snlit starts to hit the fan, the governments of the world will turn their consern to who will be ruling the world after the full effects of the phenomenon. This will cause a massive and deadly WW3 war to break out too quickly. This is also been prophecied.

Really, there are other more dynamic elements to this phenomenon dealing in historic, scientific and prophetic natured discussions, however I believe you get the point.

It is the end of the world.

But it all is for the good of mankind

join