It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images for Mr. Oberg to analyze

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Regarding the first image...i haven't shrugged it off. I have considered your statement, and am currently still looking into it. From the perspective of the whole "moonpigeon" thing.

This is the 'bigger picture' that's worth bringing other people into the discussion:

What is the range of 'normal' (prosaic) visual phenomena associated with astronaut space missions?

Until the 'ordinary' can be categorized and recognized, filtering out the candidates for 'extraordinary' is a hopeless task.

It's why UFO-promo sources make sure NOT to provide 'context' of pretty pictures they present, in order for viewers to be unable to make even the simplest discrimination between 'normal' and 'abnormal'.

This current example is a good one for this dynamic. There are dozens of others, stuff falsely posing as 'true space UFO pix' all over the Internet. How is a genuinely open-minded and curious reader to determine what he is NOT being told by the UFO-promo folks?

Tex, the answer to that question is NOT "ask Jim Oberg". There has to be a general approach of wider applicability. Let's figure one out.

Anybody want to help? Or is the current morass of misinformation comfortable?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I understand entirely.
And that sounds like a great idea. I would really like to encourage your participation, as well.

The most recent image i asked about was because it, alone, serves as the primary reason that many "beleivers" are convinced. I, myself, have no explanation, and have seen none offered elsewhere outside of what seems to be obvious.

The entire image can be made available...it is on thelivingmoon.com website, if you would like to see it.

I would like to know if you have ever seen an item that you could not find logical explanation for?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
"I would like to know if you have ever seen an item that you could not find logical explanation for? "

I should hope so. Otherwise I'm not keeping my eyes -- and mind -- open enough.

But I don't know where Jimmy Hoffa is, either. Is that enough evidence to suspect he's on Mars?

Not a wise-ass response -- we live in a world of partial insights and unavoidable unknowns, even from 'known' stimuli. How do we progress from just not knowing everything, to demonstrating that stuff we don't know PROVES there's unusual stuff out there?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
LOL, i had thought about Jimmy Hoffa earlier when discussing "missing persons" with someone. I don't see it as "wise-ass" at all.

I think that, even more, we would have to decide what is "unusual", as that is very experiential in nature. "Supernatural" is most often just "undefined/undescribed nature".

Jim, we have a LOT of skeptics here. But your participation represents a skeptic that is fairly well known and trusted as a source by many. A perspective that is absent.

I tried to join other forums, but places like Bad Astronomy just give you the boot for not falling in line quickly. Never seen a place that would kcik you for asking questions...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
"I would like to know if you have ever seen an item that you could not find logical explanation for? "

I should hope so. Otherwise I'm not keeping my eyes -- and mind -- open enough.

So...been thinking....would you like to elaborate? I would like to see something that has stumped Mr. oberg.

BTW...saw you on TV the other night. Think it was History, maybe Discovery. You were labelled as "NBC Space Analyst" or something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join