It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristol: Colin Powell Will Endorse Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Kristol: Colin Powell Will Endorse Obama

elections.foxnews.com

Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol repeated Thursday that sources have told him they expect former Secretary of State Colin Powell will endorse Barack Obama , though the former secretary of state has denied reports that he will speak at the Democratic National Convention.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I like seeing Colin Powell breaking rank. I personally feel that Colin Powell felt betrayed by the Bush admiistrations lies and diatribes concerning Iraq and Terror.

I also think that his testimony to the UN when he held up the vile of powder to express his point about WMD's in Iraq. I think this is an effort to help him sleep better at night, IMHO.

But some insiders are indicating that Powell may speak at the convention and explain his endorsement of Obama.

An endorsement by Powell could go a long way to attracting moderates and wayward Republicans to the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate.

This is going to be a very interesting election season without a doubt.

AAC

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry dude, but Obama's spokesperson said this was just a rumor and not true at all.

We can't go on hearsay from one source and his spokesperson says it is not true.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Him speaking at the convention is hearsay, I agree. However, I'm sure Obama doesn't get word of all his supporters before the support him. Needless to say, If all this becomes true, it would be huge for Obama, IMO.

AAC

[edit on 14-8-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is news?
One more of the 90+% of African Americans that the polls say will vote along racial lines?
And don't even think of throwing the race card at me, you don't know me.
Powell was left with a bad taste in his mouth from that news conference back in early 2002, maybe you recall, the one where he was the guy that got in front of the press to report the knowledge of WMD's..I would bet he's still miffed. I would be, he was left to twist in the wind.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't really understand why he would feel it's necessary to do this after what he went through already. An endorsement for a black american to become president should be obvious already. I don't see how this will hurt Mccain either. Colin Powell is respected anyway. He shouldn't need or have to endorse Obama.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wouldn't pull the race card, but I will pull the lack of clarity card. Just because black people are voting for him doesn't mean it's just because he's black. Hell, he is a great model for people to strive for, why can't they vote for him for that?

I don't know where you're from, but if a popular presidential candidate came from you're town, and you advocated for him, people would claim it is just because he is from your town.

The guy has spent his adult life turning down lucrative jobs and opting to work for the people that have been overlooked.

AAC

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
oh yeah, HUGE surprise...BIG...never expected this one...*yawn*

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

McCain is an embarrassment to the GOP. It was actually a tactic by Dems to see that he is the nominee. McCain is going to freeze on debate day, I can't wait.

AAC

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by Fathom

McCain is an embarrassment to the GOP.

Yes he is a total embarrassment, I am actually voting against Obama not really for McDaddy.

It was actually a tactic by Dems to see that he is the nominee. McCain is going to freeze on debate day, I can't wait.

AAC

i totally agree with you.
and that is why it was sooo hypocritical for the Dems to bash Rush on Operation Chaos...lets face it all politicians are scum.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

lets face it all politicians are scum.

I always have said all governing bodies are corrupt. Why? Because pure minded people have no desire to govern another body.

AAC

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Why would anyone believe anything that came out of a neoconservative's mouth. Lying for political advantage is their Modus Operendi.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Blitzer: "Even state sponsors of terror?"
Powell (immediately): "Yeah"

Very interesting.

Ofcourse, he won't endorse until he's tested the waters.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Why would anyone believe anything that came out of a neoconservative's mouth. Lying for political advantage is their Modus Operendi.

Colin Powell is not a politician, he's a soldier, always has been always will be. He followed orders, he was probably placed in his position because of that. Yes he lied, but it is in question whether he knew he was lying or not. Remember how far this administration has gone. Secrecy is very intricate, and Bush is no stranger to it. He was likely left out of the loop.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I love Colin Powell...

If HE were running for President, i would vote for him on a SECOND...
If Hussain Picked him as his VP, i would have to SERIOUSLY consider voting for Hussain...

Powell is one of my favorite, and well respected political figures...

new topics

top topics

join