It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater pyramid in the Caribbean

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josh Man
www.satellitediscoveries.com...
it's pics of them taken from satelites.

This is not a picture of anything.

This is supposed to be a 3d rendering. I don't know how they are pretending to have gotten a '3d rendering' from a photo. It shows that its obviously not a pyramid, if it was, it would just rise up to a point.

u can believe what you want, and i can believe what i want...

But why do you beleive this is a pyramid?

orionthehunter:
did read of recent reports of possible ruins west of cuba but there don't seem to be too many details of what is there so far.

Their really aren't any details other than the intial totally inconclusive reports on the posibility of there being some structures.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Josh Man
www.satellitediscoveries.com...
it's pics of them taken from satelites.

This is not a picture of anything.

This is supposed to be a 3d rendering. I don't know how they are pretending to have gotten a '3d rendering' from a photo. It shows that its obviously not a pyramid, if it was, it would just rise up to a point.

u can believe what you want, and i can believe what i want...

But why do you beleive this is a pyramid?

orionthehunter:
did read of recent reports of possible ruins west of cuba but there don't seem to be too many details of what is there so far.

Their really aren't any details other than the intial totally inconclusive reports on the posibility of there being some structures.

Dude... There are actual photos taken by an R.O.V. down in the depths of 2200 feet. Since these are Fidel Castro's waters, he wants his researchers to continue to find sunken ships with gold. He paid them to do that from the start. ADC can only investigate the ruins on their own time. If the U.S. didn't have an embargo placed upon Cuba then he might allow other companies to research the find.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Dude... There are actual photos taken by an R.O.V. down in the depths of 2200 feet.

Dude, then where are they?

Since these are Fidel Castro's waters, he wants his researchers to continue to find sunken ships with gold.

Ah, so there is a conspiracy? Then how did you find out about these ruins and the conspiracy? The people that are reporting these structures don't appear to have said that they were ever prevented from continuing this research by any governement.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofpuppets
ive never heard of it, but that reminds me of the crystal skull, anyone know how that was made? that pyramid sounds cool, good find
which crystal skull are you referring to? There are several.

You can find out more HERE!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I'm not sure if this was In Search Of, but there was this one such explorer that took something from a pyramid that was underwater, It was something metallic, but the weird thing about it was that it would bend whenever it was near crystal I believe. And I don't think it could have been computer generator, seeing as how it looks as if it were made in the late 70's early 80's. He also drew and was explaining what he saw inside the pyramid and explained that the metal item and crystal were at the inner top of the pyramid. Oh, and there was another explorer that he claimed he found Atlantis, but would not tell anyone except his son, what a douche.

I recall this too. I actually have a book at home telling this 'tale'... The thing he took from the Pyramid was able to some strange stuff.. But I put it up as a hoax story though. I dont believe in supernatural things from the heaven lying around in pyramids..

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Nygdan:

What would convince you that there are underwater pyramids?

I'm curious...

If you saw a picture, you would say it was a hoax.

If you saw a video, you would also say it was a hoax.

So, curiously, what would REALLY convince you that underwater pyramids exist?

I'll also ask the same question regarding ancient underwater civilisations.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by jumpspace]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
Nygdan:

What would convince you that there are underwater pyramids?

Some sort of evidence?

If you saw a picture, you would say it was a hoax.

If you saw a video, you would also say it was a hoax.

Don't pretend to know what I would say about what kind of proof. Do -you- have any evidence for or against the existence of this stuff?

So, curiously, what would REALLY convince you that underwater pyramids exist?

Again, its called -evidence-. A satellite photo of a vaguely triangular shape isn't evidence, and I explained that the '3d' modification seems to reveal that its not a solid 3d pyramidal shape anyway. What evidence do you have? What convinced -you- that this underwater pyramid exists?

I'll also ask the same question regarding ancient underwater civilisations.

Same answer, and same question to you, what did you find convincing.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Any good proof should include something along the lines of:

* investigation by known reputable parties (including a geologist who specializes in the geology of the area.)
* photos of material "in situ" (in place) with scales and references including GPS locations.
* photos of site "in context" showing it and the surrounding area to scale.
* if underwater, a swim down to the location showing GPS and other markers.
* indepentant confirmation of the find by another team from another university/wherever (eliminates bias)

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Nygden:

>Some sort of evidence?

Obviously it would be evidence...I am asking what kind!

>Don't pretend to know what I would say about what kind of proof.

I didn't pretend - I was serious.

>Do -you- have any evidence for or against the existence of this stuff?

I do actually; there was an image of a man made object and you responded by saying "This is not a picture of anything". Very short sighed I must say. If you actually analysed that image you will see that's it's obviously man made (not a pyramid though). Did you notice the circle area has nice "cross-bars" in it? My guess is that it's the bow of a boat of some kind...without scale though it's hard to tell. Do youself a favour and open it up in photoshop.

>Again, its called -evidence-. A satellite photo of a vaguely triangular shape isn't evidence, and I explained that the '3d' modification seems to reveal that its not a solid 3d pyramidal shape anyway.

I also agree it's not a pyramid but it definitely is made made and the label of "This is not a picture of anything" isn't justified.

>What evidence do you have?

None - I'm not trying to prove anything.

>What convinced -you- that this underwater pyramid exists?

What convinced you that I was convinced? From the images I have seen, I can't see an underwater pyramid.

>Same answer, and same question to you, what did you find convincing.

See my last answer.

Never assume Nygden

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Byrd:

Thanks for the post

I also agree this is what would make for good evidence in most cases.

If, on the other hand, someone wanted to provide evidence of something by themselves but not provide a location, what would you suggest as none of your recommendations could be used?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Byrd/Nygden:

Thought you might find the following of interest:

www.freerepublic.com...
dwij.org...

And more real evidence of underwater structures:

www.morien-institute.org...

Happy reading

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Obviously it would be evidence...I am asking what kind!

Convincing evidence....

there was an image of a man made object and you responded by saying "This is not a picture of anything". Very short sighed I must say. If you actually analysed that image you will see that's it's obviously man made (not a pyramid though). Did you notice the circle area has nice "cross-bars" in it? My guess is that it's the bow of a boat of some kind...without scale though it's hard to tell. Do youself a favour and open it up in photoshop.

i don't need to open up this photo:

in anything else to see that its not evidence of any thing. It could be anything, it could even be a temporary configuration of sand on the ocean floor, or, well, heck, that could be anything.

I also agree it's not a pyramid

why?

but it definitely is made made and the label of "This is not a picture of anything" isn't justified.

Ok, what is it then, and why must it be man made, why can't nature form these vague, poorly defined shapes even temporarily?

>What evidence do you have?

None - I'm not trying to prove anything.

>What convinced -you- that this underwater pyramid exists?

What convinced you that I was convinced?
I assumed you were. If its not convincing to you, then why are you questioning why I don't find it convincing? If its not a pyramid, then what do you think it is and why?
From the images I have seen, I can't see an underwater pyramid.

Never assume Nygden

Follow your own advice and don't assume that I reject reasonable evidence merely because I am rejecting poor vauge and unconvincing evidence.

From the pages you linked later on:

Nothing in this picture indicates that this is a manmade structure.

Zelitsky and Iturralde have been discussed before. This information is from years ago, and they haven't been able to find anything convincing to other geologists or archaeologists. What journals have they published this work in? I beleive Iturralde said c.f 'this is interesting, inconclusive, and worth taking another look at'. Apparently no one is interested enough to fund another research session.

The second link is an interview, I agree it was interesting, but interviews aren't very helpful on this sort of thing. The final link is for a japanese underwater structure. I am unfamiliar with that site, and this thread is specifically about the caribe ones. Those too look interesting, and, without going into any detail, seem about a thousand times more convincing as being manmade then the smeared 'triangle'. What is it you are saying it is?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Nygden:

I wrote a MAJOR response but deleted it. I believe in the addage "sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind", however in this case I thought it may offend too much

All I can say is that you asked me the same question on three separate occasions in your last post and I actually answered it in my previous post.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
From the pages you linked later on:

Nothing in this picture indicates that this is a manmade structure.

Umm... Nygdan, what would you think a structure would look like after being under the ocean since the end of the ice age? You think someone takes a giant sea-vaccum down there and cleans house every couple of years? Dude... seriously. Severe skepticism is just as much of a disease as absolute faith. Step outside your little self-induced 'reality' for a moment and think about it, logically.

Really, I'm willing to bet that 'pyramid' has a base that is alot deeper than what you can see in that picture. IMHO, if it is a man-made structure, there are probably alot of smaller structures laying all around, having been covered up by the thousands of years of silt deposit. Be interesting to do a sonar test on that area.

(See how easy that was? I gave a bit of insight into the matter wihtout actually saying it was a 'for sure' thing! A closed mind will not let in new ideas... think for yourself, and put down that damned Skeptic Magazine!)

*EDIT: Actually, use Ground Penetrating Radar instead of sonar, duh... that's actually what I was thinking of.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by Earthscum]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
While scanning the ocean's bottom looking for sunken ships, these were a few of the Side Scan Sonar images that appeared near the Western coast of Cuba pinging from a depth of 2200ft. The Side Scan Sonar device was towed by ship near the surface of the water.
(I know there's a link to it but having it in your face is better.)

That is why they took interest in the discovery hidden at those depths. This is only a small fraction of the entire area scanned with the Side Scan Sonar.

The picture that was posted just recently, that looks like a pyramid, is a close up shot (maybe 8 feet from camera to object) taken by a submersible.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
ATLA -A story of the lost Island
Mrs. J. Gregory Smith (Ann Eliza Brainerd)

Chapter XXXIX

THE WRECK OF A WORLD.

"Looking anxiously toward the city, Zemar was aware of something unfamiliar in its appearance. The shores seemed more distant, the lake larger; yet every object on the island bore its usual proportion. He pressed his hand upon his forehead. Had the harrowing events of the previous day and the heavy sleep that followed, deranged his senses? He looked again; the shore-lines were certainly less bold, the buildings on the banks lower; the whole plain seemed depressed, or flattened, the distant landscape ill-defined; strangest of all, the northern sea a hundred leagues away, was visible.

The mountains also in some unaccontable way were changed in position or distorted in outline; no sky-tinted snow smoothed the furrows on their rugged brow; the giant cypresses monarchs of the forest, no longer stood in serried ranks proudly saluting the stars; decrepit, straggling, bowed, they stretched out spectral arms as to implore mercy from the scowling heavens.

The colored domes and turrets of Palace, Castle and Temple stood grand and beautiful as ever. Yes; but not as upright. Ah! all the buildings slanted to the east.

He gauged with his eye the height of water on the nearer buildings and saw with consternation that it was rising. Evidently a flood was in progress, yet there was no rain, or incoming surge; even the snow had disappeared from the mountain-tops and the streams had gone dry. What then, could cause this unprecedented overflow of the lake?

There must be some hidden agency threatening the country with destruction. The plateau upon which the city of Atlan stood was the highest land in Atlantis; Noraghi its loftiest mountain-peak. What then, must be the conditon of the lower portions? Was there no power on earth to arrest the progress of the flood?"

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Oh well people, looks like we have to wait till November/December 2004 when National Geographic will be filming the footage of the cuban underwater city:

"After finishing their work with us at Andros, the National Geograhic film crew went to Cuba where they met the Canadian company ADC. They interviewed several people there and also obtained the underwater footage that ADC took of the formation about two years ago. ADC is contracted to find wrecks of Spanish ships in the hopes of recovering gold for the Cuban government. Although ADC has plans to refilm the formation soon, their plans have had a tendency to not materialze. We'll just have to wait. However, the NatG documentary, scheduled for a November or December, 2004 airing, will show ADC's earlier underwater footage that few people have seen."

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspece
All I can say is that you asked me the same question on three separate occasions in your last post and I actually answered it in my previous post.

The previous post was some links to some information, what about that information did you find convincing? Or did you not find any of it convincing?

earthscum:
think about it, logically

logically explain why the thing in the picture is man made. Logically explain why it isn't natural. You seem to think its a pyramid. How big do you think that item is? Video captures without scale can be....interesting.

jumpspace:
we have to wait till November/December 2004

All nat geo is doing is airing a documentary without any new footage (as your quote makes clear). One doesn't need to wait for any length of time. The evidence, as presented, does not support this being a pyramid or there being a sunken city. There might very well be one or both or more. However there doesn't seem to be anything that indicates that there in fact is.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Nygden:

I'll only post this:

1) You have to read the information posted, otherwise your posts have no substance

2) Based on the above, you will have read in my previous post that NEW VIDEO FOOTAGE will be shown in November/December...that we have NEVER seen...now you just said that nothing new will be revealed???

3) Did you notice that hieroglyphics are currently being looked at from these structures (from a video)?

Now...you say there is no pyramids or city...and there may not be...but how can a natural formations form hieroglyphics? Seems strange doesn't it

OAO.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

you will have read in my previous post that NEW VIDEO FOOTAGE will be shown in November/December...that we have NEVER seen...now you just said that nothing new will be revealed???

I did read your post. Perhaps you should pay more attention to what you write:

"obtained the underwater footage that ADC took of the formation about two years ago ADC has plans to refilm the formation soon [but that is something else altogether] [...] the NatG documentary, scheduled for a November or December, 2004 airing, will show ADC's earlier underwater footage that few people have seen."

The nat geographic documentary is not going to have any new footage on these formations, at least that is what the portion you quoted states. Infact, i specifically stated that i was getting this directly from the portion that you stated.

Did you notice that hieroglyphics are currently being looked at from these structures (from a video)?

The only photoevidence presented for heiroglyphs so far is this
[align=left][size=-3]Video image � 2002 by ADC International, Inc[/align]

how can a natural formations form hieroglyphics? Seems strange doesn't it

No, it doesn't. A 'V' shaped scratch in a rock doesn't seem strange at all. If there are other, better photos, where are they? Zelitsky was saying that there are heiroglyphics down there and that they show a 'greek pattern', which I assume means (since the greeks didn't write in heiroglyphics) that the sentence structure is greek. So there must be enough of it and clear enough photos to even translate it. Unless I have misunderstood something. I haven't seen these photos, have you? What picture were you thinking of?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join