It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: 'Forget' Georgian territorial integrity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Russia: 'Forget' Georgian territorial integrity

www.breitbart.com

GORI, Georgia (AP) - Russia's foreign minister declared Thursday that the world "can forget about" Georgia's territorial integrity...

"Our position on Georgia's territorial integrity is not going to change no matter what anybody says," White House press secretary Dana Perino said Thursday. "And so I would consider that to be bluster from the foreign minister of Russia. We will ignore it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ap.google.com
www.iht.com
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Russia/Georgia Situation News & Updates
Georgian troops burn South Ossetian refugees alive
War in Georgia

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Another warning from Russia that they are serious about protecting their interests in the separatist provinces. One of these days someone's going to have to listen.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And things are about to get much worse...

US and Poland 'agree' shield deal

The US and Poland have agreed a preliminary deal on plans for the controversial US defence shield, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk has said.

The plan would see the US base 10 missile interceptors in Poland in exchange for help strengthening Polish defences, Mr Tusk told local TV.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

BBC

Russia is not going to be best pleased.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Ok, so here we have Russia issuing additional warnings to forget territorial integrity in Georgia, while Bush insists on putting up the missile shield, effectively backing Russia into a corner. The world is leaving Russia no choice but to fight. Russia has warned profusely over putting up that missile shield.

Reversing this situation into a scenario where Russia was putting a missile shield in Cuba, for example, and what the results of that would be- will give you an idea of just how much power the WH THINKS they have over the world. They must be stopped before tactical nukes are used preemptively on NATO forces by Russia. Because that is written into their doctrine if they are attacked with NATO "pin point" weapons.

But I believe Russia might use them before they are attacked if they feel backed up too far into that corner.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm not the only one who feels this way either. See below. The US is truly playing with fire.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Top Geopolitical Author: U.S. Risks Nuclear War With Russia

Political economist and best-selling geopolitical author F. William Engdahl says that the U.S. risks stumbling into a nuclear war with Russia over the situation in Georgia and South Ossetia, as President Bush and Condoleezza Rice both heightened their rhetoric against alleged military breaches of the cease-fire.

Nuclear war by miscalculation

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Russia has every right to protect its interests, just as USA,UK,Israel,Georgia...... have. But i never thought that Russia's interest is a new cold war. However this is the path Russia walks on, another tiny effort (like give away Russian citizenship in Crimea and then stir the region until some Ukrainian nut will start a war there) and the interest is protected. Coronation of tsar Putin will be done without any interference and gray cardinals behind the throne can do their stuff without being threatened by Western interests. I am still not that sure that it is Russia's interest though. Just those cardinals interest to rule without any interference. Roses and oranges acted like a catalyst,though.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Hey Zero I'm a big fan of Israel, I lived there for a year, but the USA pushing Russia and encircling it with proxies and NATO members and affiliates is nuts and has ended with Moscow furnishing Iran (the main pillar within The Axis of Evil) with nukes, in retaliation as that's what they can do to piss us off in response. We can only push the Russians so far. Pushing them too far may well mean big trouble, especially for Isreal.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I hope that my post will not ruin your impression on Israel
Nobody argues that NATO (and US,naturally) are biting more and more of Russian influence zone. But the ironic thing that it is also a direct result of actions of current Russian leadership. I was sure several years ago that NATO membership (decided by referendum) in Ukraine is destined to failure - Ukraine-Russian connections are more important. Look at it now. The whole orange revolution would not happen if Putin was not that obvious in getting his candidate re-elected. And before that if Russia allowed Georgia to solve the autonomic territories issue - no roses revolution would happen.
The way Russia choose to deal with threat of West is actually helping the same West to get more countries in its zone. Few will argue that US missile shield and Iran connection is very slim. It is a US military presence in the area of disputed influences between US and reorganized Russia. But if for several years Poland leaders and elite were not that sure and tried to get economical benefits - look at them now! The way Russia reacts to this threat is not only counterproductive and dangerous, it will indeed end in another cold war.
In my opinion, Russia should not bow to the West - it should act as a cementing element in ex-USSR region. Playing with oil and gas prices alone to get "good" behavior will reach objective faster then a well-designed diplomacy but in long term it is not the best solution. Not to mention intervening that bluntly in politics of Ukraine (US also intervene, but way more delicately) or invading another country in peacekeeping mission.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I love Israel Zero. We need to keep Russia on board if we are to stop them from making Iran a nuke power. The USA does not help Israel sometimes, dollars and weapons yes, diplomacy towards Russia and its proxies definitely a big no.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
zero, you work for mr g bush, what da F*** are you talking about ?? are you seriously ill ? is something wrong in your mind ? are you disabled ?

where did you see russia attacking anybody since the cold war ????

the new nazi are the americans first class, second class are the british, then the rest of countries whom are in NATO

dude ur history sux over there in little usa

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Wow this is getting kind of scary. You know that if something does go down there's going to be a draft. I just turned 18, O $hit!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Wow this is getting kind of scary. You know that if something does go down there's going to be a draft. I just turned 18, O $hit!!!

No if something goes down we are all dead or soon to be dead. There will be no time for a draft when the Nukes start flying.

Ive been saying this for days how dangerous this situation is.. and people have continually minimalised my posts saying i am over reacting etc.

It is this dangerous ....... The sad part is.. People won't wake up and stop this before it is too late. (Not the public.. at least)

We the people here in the US and other countries need to tell our leaders to stop this nonsense. Stop it now or kick them the hell out of office.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

new topics

top topics

join