It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we here for a specific reason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Are we here to do something special with our lives whether it be save some and or kill others. are we here for a specific reason or are we just here to fillin the places.

because i have strongly believed from since i can remember that i have to do something with this life like maybe i have to save lives or something like that because whenever i see something on television like a war or something i wanna be there not to fight though or to hurt anyone but to just help those who need it does everyone else get this feeling or am i just alone here.

thank you

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

Survive, copulate, acquire knowledge and fulfill one's desires.

Good enough for purpose?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

No i feel like i HAVE to do something

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

As a great someone once said.... "the point of life is to make heartfelt communication with other human beings"

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. Charles Dickens

I have often felt the same why. That there is a longing to understand why we are here...or atleast...why am I here, and what purpose do I need to do.

If you have that feeling that you are here to help people...there are several volunteer orgs that you could contact.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cdoug1

Its so frustrating right now cause i only just turned 16 a few days ago and when i see something on t.v like the people dieing in gerogia i really wanna help them all.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
Are we here to do something special with our lives whether it be save some and or kill others. are we here for a specific reason or are we just here to fillin the places.

because i have strongly believed from since i can remember that i have to do something with this life like maybe i have to save lives or something like that because whenever i see something on television like a war or something i wanna be there not to fight though or to hurt anyone but to just help those who need it does everyone else get this feeling or am i just alone here.

thank you

Right. So you gained knowledge of a war occurring and one of your many desires to fulfill is to help those in need. Commonly felt I am sure but obviously varies from human to human.

If the desire is strong enough, why would it not come to fruition? Its what makes you, you.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My strictly personal opinion,based on facts,is that the human nature is to destroy.

We only have to look at the results of humanity's actions and instantly we see our true nature.
I know,i know...many will say "but i don't blah blah blah...".It doesn't matter,really...If we want to see our nature we have to see humanity in general.What we see when we do that...?You tell me.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have to agree with Billy... I also believe that we are all here for a purpose...however great or small.

I too wish to help when I see a war, or accident on the news. During 9/11 I was 9...I didn't really understand what was happening... But I did know I wanted to be one of the fireman helping to save people. Whilst usually firefighting had never interested me....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbr45
I have to agree with Billy... I also believe that we are all here for a purpose...however great or small.

I too wish to help when I see a war, or accident on the news. During 9/11 I was 9...I didn't really understand what was happening... But I did know I wanted to be one of the fireman helping to save people. Whilst usually firefighting had never interested me....

Thanks and thats quite funny cause im planning on becoming a firefighter when im a little bit older

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a long time ago i talked to god thats right god he told me all the secrets of the universe and it scared me so much i forced myself to forget most of them but what i do remeber is there is no set meaning to life its all about your personal journeythe things you do the choices you make so actually everyone has there own meaning and purpose but its not a specific thing you have to do basicly you just have to live if you feel the need to do something with your life then do it

idk its hard to explain i should have wrote it down when it happened

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BoondocSaint

Mmmmmmmmm-Hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I do strongly believe in god myself and No offence but thats a little too far fetched for me.

top topics

join