It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Matt Whitton is in trouble with his boss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Found this article a few minutes ago. I hope this jerk gets fired from his job.

www.ajc.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jms88
I hope this jerk gets fired from his job.

Thats a bit harsh don't you think?
Reserve judgement until the facts are there, the press conference will reveal all.. unless it doesn't happen, so either way we can be fairly certain soon

Why should he get fired though? Should a Doctor be fired for saying he saw a UFO? Or a fireman for claiming his house is haunted?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated

Originally posted by jms88
I hope this jerk gets fired from his job.

Thats a bit harsh don't you think?
Reserve judgement until the facts are there, the press conference will reveal all.. unless it doesn't happen, so either way we can be fairly certain soon

Why should he get fired though? Should a Doctor be fired for saying he saw a UFO? Or a fireman for claiming his house is haunted?

Too harsh? No, not really. These guys have insulted a lot of people (including me personally) and made a mockery of what a lot of people take very seriously, Bigfoot research. They are con men and are trying to profit by perpetrating a hoax.

That type of behavior is completely unethical and morally reprehensible. A person who is a figure of authority certainly should not be involved in this type of behavior and I think he should lose his job.

Do I think a Doctor should be fired for claiming to have seen a Bigfoot or a UFO? Absolutely not. However if the doctor was claiming he was given the cure for cancer by an Alien and wanted to charge people for it, that's a hoax. Then I believe he should lose his medical license. That's exactly what these guys are doing. Making false claims and trying to benefit from it financially and using their position as law officers to make these claims seem more believable.

As far as reserving judgment, I've already made my mind up about these two "men" long ago. It's basically been proven that the picture they claim is Bigfoot is just a Bigfoot suit they found on the internet. They have teamed up with a known liar and hoaxer to promote this garbage. I mean, what else is there to say?

[edit on 14-8-2008 by jms88]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Conduct unbecoming an officer at least.

His behavior wouldn't be tolerated by a sports team. It REALLY shouldn't be tolerated by law enforcement.

This has nothing to do with bigfoot, it's just his asinine behavior.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jms88

He will be asked for his resignation for him to save face. If he refuses, he will be fired. For a law enforcement officer to act so childish and even lie on the internet (they claimed a scientist came in to examine the body only to be a member of their team), he should lose the job.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
He wouldn't be able to arrest anyone ever again. The defendants lawyers would tear him a new one after showing he makes up incredible lies and probably has mental problems.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I find it hard to understand why the Sheriff's Dept. allows him to conducted these "Bigfoot expeditions" if he's currently on a medical leave. If his hand is well enough to lead people through the backwoods of Georgia, I'm sure it's good enough to serve as a dispatcher or something until he's medically cleared to return to full duty.

Mr. Whitton has really put himself in a rather precarious position here with the bigfoot claims that he and his partner have made. Furthermore, as revealed in the press conference the two gentlemen are looking to profit as much as they can from this. Obviously an officer purposely deceiving the general public for financial gain is something that any law enforcement agency frowns upon. As another poster has stated.

I wonder if these two are going to try to play the, "OMG!! Bigfoot escaped from our freezer! Maybe he wasn't dead, just hurt.." card or something similar. It baffles me how these two thought that the charade result in anything positive for them. But then again, them calling a press conference and actually going through with it peaked my curiousity just enough for me to maybe think that they had something tangible on their hands. Of course, when I saw the pictures of "Freezerfoot" it became rather obvious that this was a hoax and not a very good one.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Being in law enforcement myself, the one thing a public officer has to have is integrity. When you take the oath you lose alot of freedom to make an ass out of yourself in public. Off and on duty you are expected to uphold yourself in a certain manner.

Whether this finding is true or not, he gave up his position as an officer of the law the second he made this public. Officers are held to a higher standard because of their position in the community.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm glad he's fired. He deserves it. Its one thing to hoax a bigfoot, its another to call an international press conference and lie to the world as a police officer.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm laughing so hard at the fool.

Karma is a bitch.

Even if he was able to retain his job, his word would never hold up in court anymore even against a drug addict caught in a b&e.
Which makes an officer of the law worthless.

Good riddance,

PS. Can you imagine how many people on ATS on UFO/Alien and Paranormal would be out of a job if their boss knew about the fabrications?

Edit for spelling and PS.

[edit on 8/18/2008 by Stockburn]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
When you accept money under contract, like these guys did, with the intent to commit fraud. You deserve to lose your job. These guys are suppose to be in law enforcement. It isn't a big leap to think that if these guys will lie for money that anything they say is brought into question.

I predict neither of these guys will be employed by city/state/federal agencies ever again. That is, after they are fired from their current positions.

reply to post by selfisolated

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And not a single word about the hoax from their hometown newspaper, The Clayton Daily news. You would think they'd at least make mention that these two perpetrated this big hoax.

www.news-daily.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Can't say I'm not happy that this guy lost his job. Just makes you wonder what the hell he was thinking? His whole career down the tubes and for what?

There isn't a police force in the country that needs an officer like Matt Whitton. He had to know there was a possibility he would get fired. I'm sure the chief of police didn't like all the people and media calling about it either.

To make this whole thing complete we need for it to come out that Biscardi was in on the whole thing. I'm not sure who I hate more, Biscardi or the GA boys.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
the guy is a liar, not a doctor who saw a UFO. He had a rubber suit. Get f... real man.

top topics

join