It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain "Today We Are All Georgians"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
video.google.com...

you can say this old fart is going senile...

but this speech was as moving as anything obama has ever spoke on.
and totally sincere..and very well thought out.
and i agree....with mcain on this one.

so give me your thought's on this matter please.

btw link to video is on top of the post...i can never get this website to show Google video's.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"urgh"

that was my immediate response.

One of those cheap throwaway lines that gets a few whoops and some applause.

I think President Saakashvili had the same reaction as me.

CNN
“Yesterday, I heard Sen. McCain say, ‘We are all Georgians now,’” Saakashvili said on CNN’s American Morning. “Well, very nice, you know, very cheering for us to hear that, but OK, it’s time to pass from this. From words to deeds.”

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And are we all to be South Osetians tomorrow? Georgia lit the fire, then cried foul when someone tried to put it out. I am not a Georgian, and will never side with a government that decided mass murder is the way to handle territorial disputes. This was basically a replay of the first Gulf War. Georgia played the part of Iraq, South Osetia played Kuwait, and Russia get's the oscar for playing the US. So how is it that Russia and South Osetia are the bad guys in all of this?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Giorgia's president
video.google.com...

America stand's up for freedom .
we preach democracy....it's time we stand up for it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

Yes please. Help strengthen democratic institution in independent Ossetia, they may indeed have a lot to learn from their American brethren.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
First off,

I disagree with any type of military intervention by the united states.

Other than military action- i say you do whatever you can to help the Georgians.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That was so sweet. I think I have diabetes now.

The degree to which the Western media has jumped on the bandwagon is startling. Every politician and media outlet in the hemisphere is banging the 'Evil Russians' drum, and completely white-washing the fact that Georgia caused, by direct action, the deaths of thousands of civilians.

It's ludicrous..and worse still - it's working.

We're seeing just how easy it is to manufacture public opinion. Sad, isn't it?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Its no surprise. After all one of McBush's handlers is a Lobbyist for Georgia.

In other news, Bush is sending 20,000 troops to Atlanta to keep the Russians from taking the largest city in Georgia.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
McCain is a true american and will fight off commies anywhere. That is why people love him because he wont turn his back on a muslim or a commie. His ability to articulate his thoughts is why america is able to retain its glory without losing itself to chaos like the terrorists want. I for one dont want to wake up living under a red banner so I am voting for a winner to save our future generations from losing their souls to godless muslims or communists. Not to mention I know it doest have to be said but Obama wants to allow mexicans in the USA, while McCain is a supporter of american traditions by keeping foreigners from destroying our ways of life.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm not a Georgian .. I"m an American. I do not appreciate some politician standing up and saying ... "i speak for all Americans ...' even if his intentions are good.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
McCain just called us mass murders in that comparision

Georgia spoke out right that they wanted that land. and they tryed to take it by striking first its fact its in all the articles

[edit on 15-8-2008 by twistingtree]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Uhh, you do know that Communism is not a religion... right? Also, please introduce me to the John McCain you're talking about... I thought there was only one John McCain running for president, but from the sound of your post, there's another one that I know nothing about.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You mean he's a cold war relic and - judging by what I just watched, an oil obsessed selective liar?

Maybe he should can the rhetoric and stick to the facts. The Georgians started this.

"Today we are all Georgians" - are you really? Are you really people who break ceasefires to shell cities?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You are watching our future President.
What is Obama doing?
Vacationing.
His foreign policy advisers are against US involvement and if he opened his mouth he would be booed down, except for by his communist buddies.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sorry Mac, I'm a die-hard Texan to the end. Georgia should have known in the first place that the US wouldn't be able to help them militarily. We have been overextended for a long time and the whole world knows it. Guess lip service is better than nothing.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Words are cheap, Mcains thoughts do nothing to relieve the terror in Georgia,
actions always speak louder than words.

Dig deep and you realise how fearfull America really is, of countrys with nukes

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
McCain is a Douche
I for one don't watch TV, I read.
I read both sides of the news from various sources and outlets

Make Russia look like the enemy when its far from the truth.
Realize that the media is raping you and that this world of BS politics is a game.

We are the pawns they are playing with.
Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and now Russia it's all a game

The USA does not stand for freedom, it stands for terror. It promotes fear through media and it brainwashes people by implanting false ideas in the minds of the population.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO TURN THEIR TV'S OFF!
For good, not just for a week, forever, we don't need them, but they sure as hell need us!

Back away from the tv and use your creativity, make something. The tv is stealing your life away!

Break free from this BS

The US govt is stands for war and power, thats all!
Don't believe the freedom crap, thats just to get you clapping and thinking that they are working for you, they are not!

If they would stand for freedom, they would never result to war.

Also see this;
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Peace be with you all

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Drewdatt]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Couldn't agree more and very well put!

I can speak for myself Mr. McCain. Today I am the same as I was yesterday and will be tomorrow. I am a Texan living in America with the problems of my own country drifting just above my head.

I am not a Georgian... I will not fall for the propaganda of "we are all one" that ultimately seeks to erase my individual identity in the name of "we are all humans" and tries to distract me from the reality of what is going on here in my own country.

Yes, we are all humans, but just as a dog is an animal but not a cat, which also happens to be an animal, I am human but not a Georgian.

The sugar coated "we are one" speeches do not change my opinion from "we need to withdraw ourselves from this conflict" to "omg... I see the light that we are all humans and therfore your conflict is my conflict... OF COURSE!"

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise." ~ Adolf Hitler

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I too must voice my outrage at being used by McCain in his propaganda. Where does he get his news from? I used to have much more respect for him but he seems to be acting irrationally in poking the sleeping beast that is Russia with obvious lies.

WHERE IS THE OBJECTIVE PRESS?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
Giorgia's president
video.google.com...
America stand's up for freedom .

Its a wonderful ideal and I support it wholeheartedly but you are naive if you believe we practice it here either at home or abroad.

What McCain said was campaign fluff and nothing more. If Georgia was not so stragetically located no one would give a rats ass about what was happening there... least of all this country.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by grover]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join