It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush warns Russia to reverse course

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Bush warns Russia to reverse course

www.news.com.au

US President George W. Bush has warned Russia to reverse course in Georgia, saying Moscow's military strike there had damaged its world standing and endangered ties with the United States and Europe.

"Russia has invaded a sovereign neighbouring state and threatens a democratic government elected by its people.

"Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century," Mr Bush said at the White House today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Is Bush in the habit of doing stand-up comedy routines? Maybe he's rehearsing for his post-political career.

Anyway, this is about as hilarious as it gets... Bush telling another country not to invade a neighbouring state...

Yeah, right! The world has seen enough of this idiot.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

all i can say is this is the absolute hight of hypocracy for bush.
i mean at least the russians were trying to prevent the genocide of their citizens by attacking georgia.

last time i checked no americans were in danger from saddam and iraq.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

"Russia has invaded a sovereign neighbouring state and threatens a democratic government elected by its people.

Excuse me, but since when did Bush reach a high enough moral ground to dictate to Russia about invading a sovereign nation when he lead an invasion based on fabricated intelligence.

BS is what it is... My god, these maniacs are going F' around and get us all killed because of their enlarged egos and suicidal lust for wars.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Georgia is a sovereign state with a democratically elected government. Thats the difference. Iraq was run by a dictator, not a democratically elected leader.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012
My god, these maniacs are going F' around and get us all killed because of their enlarged egos and suicidal lust for wars.

Replace the word 'wars' with 'profit' and we're probably closer to the real reason for their lunacy.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Iraq was run by a dictator, not a democratically elected leader.

So when can we expct Team America World Police to start liberating Zimbabwe? It's run by a dictator!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Very well may happen but i think its down on the priority list. Oh dont get me wrong-i think its no doubt on the "things to do" list, but there are bigger fish to fry right now.

Originally posted by tezzajw

So when can we expct Team America World Police to start liberating Zimbabwe? It's run by a dictator!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Georgia is a sovereign state with a democratically elected government.

Well that's quite a grey area. Eduard Shevarnadze was a democratically elected prez, until he was deposed with the help of the US PR and politology experts. Saakashvili is a US puppet.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Zimbabwe, will have to wait. The people of Venezuela are first, then Cuba, Iran, South Korea...

And anybody else that stands in our way.....

AMERICA....*SNIP*YEAH!!!! LET'S KILL EVERYBODY!!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Georgia is a sovereign state with a democratically elected government. Thats the difference. Iraq was run by a dictator, not a democratically elected leader.

I think the real difference is that the U.S. was allowed to take part in Saddam's genocide. As of yet, Bush hasn't been invited to Georgias genocide party, so he doesn't want Russia putting a stop to it just yet. Had a sufficient number of innocent men, women and children already been murdered, I'm sure Bush would be content to let Russia intervene. The body count is just not high enough for Bush yet...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
YOIKS!

shrub warns of WWIII:
firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

I'm not the hide under the bed when it thunders type of guy but...
I'm not liking how this thing is developing.
Could it be that shrub IS the anti-christ ?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What is interesting is that Bush says that Russia's aim may be to depose the Georgian government. Given the intelligence assets at the President's disposal, this type of official acknowledgement is more weighty than our layman's hunches that this was the case. And this interpretation of events actually relates to a worst case scenario, particularly bearing in mind that Mr Cheyney has already stated that the Russian advances must not go unanswered.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This thread is about the Russian/Georgian conflict. What you posted about Bush talking about WW3 is in regards to Iran. Bush sint the only one who thinks like that because everyone knows that if Iran and Israle go at each other with nuclear weapons then yes you will have WW3. Whats so hard to understand about that?

This is getting way off topic.

Originally posted by DenverMan
YOIKS!

shrub warns of WWIII:
firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

I'm not the hide under the bed when it thunders type of guy but...
I'm not liking how this thing is developing.
Could it be that shrub IS the anti-christ ?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Sorry if I didn't conduct my train of thoughts better. Hope this clears it up a bit.

Putin in Iran:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Georgian plea for help:
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Captured American mercenary:
freerepublic.com...

Americans flying Georgian solders:
blog.foreignpolicy.com...

Russia bombs pipeline:
www.nysun.com...
(And we know how much shrub loves his oil)

So, hopefully this will clear it up why I put my post here and hoe I came to that decision.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Russia targeted the pipeline, but they didnt hit it. This was yesterday. If they had indeed destroyed the pipeline yesterday our posts would be a little different right now.

Originally posted by DenverMan

Sorry if I didn't conduct my train of thoughts better. Hope this clears it up a bit.

Putin in Iran:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Georgian plea for help:
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Captured American mercenary:
freerepublic.com...

Americans flying Georgian solders:
blog.foreignpolicy.com...

Russia bombs pipeline:
www.nysun.com...
(And we know how much shrub loves his oil)

So, hopefully this will clear it up why I put my post here and hoe I came to that decision.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

while i was watching the bbc news report (the video)
i always wounder are the reporters idiots and dont none of them have the balls to ask the president of his hypocracy.

is it that hard of a question to ask from a reporter.
it would prob get him gob smaked and stand there with nothing to say.

Bush is jokes which prob means hes been taking lessons from comical ali in bagdad

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Rather than turn this thread into a 2 man pissing contest, I publicly apologize for taking your thread off topic.

Was that sarcasm? Uh, yup.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Russian Imperialist warmongers! Putin is the great Satan! Convict Putin on War Crimes! Wheres the Nueremberg style tribunals? Russia off the Planet! Russia is the worlds greatest terrorist!

What?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i always wounder are the reporters idiots and dont none of them have the balls to ask the president of his hypocracy.

True.

I guess the reporters are following their instructions like lap-dogs.

They're probably also concerned about being tasered by secret service for making Bush look like a fool. Possibly locked up without the right to be brought before a judge, etc!

It shows how complicit the mainstream media is in all of this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join