It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vid: What The Hell Is This Being Held Captive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hope someone can translate what is being said here, sounds Arabic.
What the heck is this creature being held captive in a cage?

Almost looks like the serial killer from Silence of the Lambs.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This particular video might be fake, but I know there are some dubious scientific studies consisting of attaching the heads of human beings to other animals to see their reaction. I know they've attached human heads to apes and other mammals before to see what would happen. It always seems like whatever creature they attach the head to can move the head around using its own neck muscles, but they don't seem to understand (naturally) how to make sounds, or communicate or anything. It seems like twitching of muscles before death in my opinion. These creatures never live very long, and there are a couple of videos out around the internet but I haven't seen them in so long so I won't be able to source those for you. Some Googling might do the trick.

Creepy sh*t though at any rate.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

whats this have to do with aliens and ufo's. besides, how many cages have a bed in them, conveniently hollowed out easy for someone to poke their head up.

fake

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
What The Hell Is This Being Held Captive?

It's our attention to this clearly bogus video.

It is a fake. An old one too.

Now where are the aliens?

- Lee

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The theorist in me wants to believe this is real, but the rational side of me screams bogus.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

I totally agree.. fake. The thing never got up and moved around the cage. It just laid there? ya right. Totally fake IMO.

Star

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The position and angle of the head indicates that the rest of the "human" body remain on the other side of the hole in the box, which just so conveniently seems to be covered up by hair.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
No - Your all wrong!!!

It's Marilyn Manson's new image!

Not exactly Aliens/UFO's. I think the mods should move this baby to the gray basket!

IRM

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

ROLF!!!! IRM

Damm I knew all that make up tested on animals would turn Marlilyn Manson in that monster!

Shame rest in pieces!

Hey really i got no idead what that could be!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
wow,this one's just freaky.

heh

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Damm man you guys are freaks how am I suppose to sleep toninght!ALONE....

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I have watched them over and over again to try and ascertain their validity. I am still undecided. Whether real, or fake, it is bizarre and creepy.

I found a website somewhere, which suggested this was some kind of art project. I will have to try and find it again. So, I was still unclear, as to what was going on.

If it is real, the heads are too heavy for the body, so the body wouldn't be that mobile anyway. Also, the nervous system in our necks are much more complex, and they would only be able to attach a few nerve endings. So this is where I can see it being real. On the other hand, you can't see under the bed, or cot, which suggests it could be a hoax.

It is intriquing, as I studied biology with the OU. I know if it is real that I wouldn't want to end up that way.

What else I notice is that all of them have sunken eyes like you would see on a corpse. I wonder, if they are real heads that have been reanimated somehow?

We don't know what kind of weird experiments are being done by our governments. Who is to say that they are not taking heads off of executed criminals and using them to experiment on animals.

Look at the Russia experiment with the dog. They took it's head off and was able to keep it animated for quite some time afterwards. This is where I believe this scenario could be probable.

However, I agree it is creepy and freakish.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
wow,this one's just freaky.

heh

What The Hell Is This Being Held Captive?
Is it a mermaid? Merman? Or Mermaphodite?

- Lee

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How can anyone out there seriously consider believing any of this? Attaching human heads to different animals?!

If anyone out there thinks that something like this is even POSSIBLE, please pack up your computer and return it to where you bought it because you are too STUPID to own one.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrChipps

If you think that something like this hasnt been at least attempted before then you have to much faith in humanity, where as I do not.
Yea this video is obviously fake, the first thing that drew my attention was the long, clean and semi-styled hair on the head.
However, knowing how cruel that "man" can be and since such inhumanity could be discounted as being "in the name of science" I have no doubt that something like this has been tried before and probably is being tried in some lab 50 floors down.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Think for just a moment about the complications.

First of all, you wouldn't be able to keep enough oxygen rich blood in a severed human head long enough to perform the reattachment surgery before the brain dies. Or for that matter, keeping blood in the host body which is missing it's head.

Second, the core of the central nervous system which runs through the spinal cord is so complex there's no way in HELL to splice ANY of it back together in a human....let alone trying to splice it to a different host body.

Third, the human brain would have no idea how to regulate anything in a foreign host body such as keeping vital organs functioning just to stay alive.

I think it's impossible. But....I COULD BE WRONG.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Certainly makes for a good movie, Frankenstein style.
It's time.
I don't know about you but I'm sick and tired of vampire movies, followed closely by mummies.

Does anyone know what language these people are speaking?
Kinda sounds Arabic.
I'm wondering if that what they do to the heads of the victims the decapitate.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i love adobe cs3!! is this part of their viral marketing?

whats next the fiji mermaid.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I dont know how much truth there is in this wiki article but...

Wiki

n 1959 China announced they had succeeded in transplanting the head of one dog to the body of another twice.[3] In 1963 a group of scientists from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland Ohio,[4] led by Robert J. White, a neurosurgeon and a professor of neurological surgery who was inspired by the work of Vladimir Demikhov, performed a highly controversial operation to transplant the head of one monkey onto another’s body. The procedure was a success to some extent, with the animal being able to smell, taste, hear, and see the world around it. The operation involved cauterizing arteries and veins carefully while the head was being severed to prevent hypovolemia. Because the nerves were left entirely intact, connecting the brain to a blood supply kept it chemically alive. The animal survived for some time after the operation, even at times attempting to bite some of the staff.[5] In 2001 the operation was successfully repeated on a monkey by Dr. White again.[6] Other head transplants were also conducted recently in Japan in rats. Unlike the head transplants performed by Dr. White, however, these head transplants involved grafting one rat's head onto the body of another rat that kept its head. Thus the rat ended up with two heads.[7] The scientists said the key to successful head transplants was to use low temperatures.[8] A human head transplant would most likely require cooling of the brain to the point where all neural activity stops. This is to prevent neurons from dying while the brain is being transplanted.

Ethical considerations have thus far prevented any reported attempt by surgeons to transplant a human being's head.

At least that we know of

I was just curious about it because I was sure I saw a video somewhere about the monkey head transplant.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by Kr0n0s]

join