It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth Shostak, of SETI, Fires Back At Fallout From Larry King Show

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Exactly right Gideon...People like Dr. Mullis, and Dr. Michio Kaku, and a host of others who might never be known are probably subjected to gawd knows what "internal" strife in their inner circle of geniuses, doubt and ridicule from their ranks of scientist "colleagues"...Stephen Hawking, although brilliant, scoffs at "UFO freaks" etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
For anyone out there, that claims there is "no evidence" of extraterrestrial visitation to the Earth, although I might agree with you, it's not 100% proof....there certainly is a preponderance of the evidence, which would hold up in a civil lawsuit in any civil court in the U.S.....as evidenced by....

Internos, one of the hardest, tireless workers at digging into UFO case files and finding obscure ones that get cast by the way-side when it comes to mainstream investigators, governmental agencies, scientists, journals and newspapers....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Stephenville UFO radar PROOF...and I do say proof, because it details the incredible aerodynamic abilities of the craft or crafts that appeared over Texas and the evidence is irrefutable, gathered by the FOI requests from all the local radar installations throughout the region...and I mean irrefutable that it's a craft, flying in OUR skies, that maneuvers like nothing we KNOW about yet, could be military of course....

[edit on 13-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
And this thread just in....

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=4801564#pid4801564

Gee I wonder if Bill Nye or Seth would disdainfully refuse to read this kind of "proof"?

[edit on 13-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

You are right.
The possible Bigfoot remains just now in the news illustrates a lot of these issues as well. Many skeptics are already firing away at the evidence provided, which happens to be far more than anything offered previously. Yes, there is a chance that this could be a hoax, but many weren't even reading the articles or looking at the pictures before ridiculing the possibility.

If this proves true, the DNA is extracted, and full documented tissue samples are provided, along with continued research, these skeptics will start to keep their mouths a little more under control before using the 'common sense' line of logic to shoot down any possibility of the paranormal.

If Bigfoot is real despite the majority of the scientific community's refusal to give the research a more thorough and respectable go over, they lose their ammunition against Nessie, Yetis, Krakens, and even extraterrestrials.

If all the skeptics have been wrong this whole time about one issue, then the veil of ignorance begins to unravel over a host of issues.
If a researcher discovers the stable state of element 115 with electro-gravitonic properties, then all those people who need to crucify Bob Lazar will find that their nails and crown of thorns (not to mention the cross itself) crumble to dust in their hands.

Does that prove his other claims? Obviously not, nor does a Bigfoot carcass prove Nessie's existence. Yet, it breaks the stranglehold that skepticism out of control has wrought on the scientific community and life on our planet at large.

Researchers who want to study crypto-zoology or EBE evidence and receive funding from their universities might just have a better chance of getting it.
Some might still object giving the usual excuse of "Even if it is real, you only have hearsay, and you are just wasting your time.", but in light of documented evidence, one can point to Dr. Bill Nye, and Seth Shostak (the element 115 proof would be more fitting and effective in the context of this thread, but the concept is exactly the same) and say, well if you were wrong with Bigfoot, element 115, and other phenomena coming to light, you had better be quiet or you will just continue to look as foolish as you are trying to accuse me of being.

That is what I was saying before. The closed minded professionals and uneducated skeptics really need to be beat over the head with solid proof, higher credentials, ferocious tenacity, and that cold, cool emotional control that prevents naysayers from using any emotional outbursts as proof of childishness and stupidity that they will almost always exploit as a last resort.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
wrong thread.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

So much for that.
*Edited due to previous post removal*

[edit on 13-8-2008 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Kind of funny, they laugh and make anyone who says they seen a UFO appear to be loony or mis-informed, however when it's done to them they start crying about it.

Nothing worse than scientists and/or debunkers whinning because they ended up coming out on the short end of the stick. It's close minded individuals like this who actually hamper science by dis-believeing everything that sounds too crazy to be true. When in fact they themselves should be studying it intensly if they wish to make a well formed argument on the matter.

Let the blood letting begin, oh and burn those asprin witches at the stake.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The brilliant success of Seth Shostak and the Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Seth Shostak is a typical government employee disguised as a free range scientist. He has knowledge of phenomenon and signals but does not have clearance to disclose, same old situation. He is instructed to carry the company's position on extraterrestrial phenomenon and deny deny deny, debunk debunk debunk. When he mentions that him and Bill Nye could probably come up with an explanation for just about anything that for me is a major red flag.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LateApexer313

The problem with most debunkers/skeptics that appear on tv shows, is that most of them are annoying autistic idiots.

If you' jump on the football field to become famous, don't whinge when you get injured.

edit on 10-5-2017 by BullwinkleKicksButt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LateApexer313

It's an act; he doesn't believe his own lies. He once said "Some people think that for example aliens intervened in 3500 BCE in Egypt to help build the pyramids. Well you know doggone it the Egyptians were perfectly capable of putting big blocks on top of other big blocks right? If the Egyptians had suddenly developed cell phones then I would say OK there's intervention there but that's not what they did." From episode of UFO files "Day After Roswell" about ten years ago.

If he wanted to know it then he would realize that experiments to replicate these efforts failed miserably and proved that it couldn't be done at all.

My best guess is that he's part of a controlled disclosure effort which I originally described here years ago as a "Recruit a group of crackpots" MJ-12 hypotheses. I re-posted it with an update on Stanton Friedman being part of that controlled disclosure project

Many of these so-called experts make so many obvious blunders that I can't believe it is a mistake all the time. Which is why I think a controlled disclosure hypotheses is more credible.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join