It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturday 9th August 2008: THE END OF THE WORLD!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
the experiment doesnt start until 10/09/08. so the real end of the earth is next wendsday.lol

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
1: None such thing as god
2: If it was going to happen the Russians would be all leik "Lolololololol OPEN FEIR!" and then nukes would be all leik "COMEIN TEH GET YEEE" and then *BANG!* and the dirt is gone!

Srs bsns, this won't happen, if so.. I've never found it this funny that we're going to die

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by owzitgarn

These physicists do not seem to have basic reasoning skills or have a memory disorder.

Did they not also say that you cannot travel back in time to before the first black hole is made by the LHC.

What about the naturally occuring ones?

I am no physicist, and this dreck did come via the press, but I never heard it refuted by the enlightened ones either.

Never mind the black hole, they want to recreate the big bang which was the mass of the universe squeezed into a micro sized lump. When they open their micro sized hole to reproduce the big bang, maybe the get a full scale reproducton of the original.

Seems reasonable for people who "don't know" how the original occured.
Maybe some dopes built an LHC and created this universe. . . DOH!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hmmmmm arnt we supposed to be dead by now?

ow well back to the drawing board..............

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

I'm sorry but i don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Time travel isn't possible, at least not yet with current technology and understanding, so who said we couldn't travel before 'the black hole was created.'

If you are trying to say it is someone from the future then how could they convey this without travelling to our time, which is before the LHC is even operating.

The naturally occurring ones are due to collapsed stars.

The Big Bang is just a theory with no absolute proof and still no explanation as to what created the lump that exploded in the first place.

Although its a pretty cool idea that we're in a never ending chain of a universe being created, an intelligent race creating an LHC or similar and creating a universe, in which an intelligent race creates an or similar....etc.

Anyway, the LHC is going to collide the beams for the first time in little over a month so we will find out whether this is all just people panicking....or whether we will die in an event that will destroy the entire planet and maybe the universe.....all stemming from a device that does what neutron stars do continuously and much more powerfully than the LHC ever could.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
OH HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THANK GOD WE ARENT GOING TO DIE.. i was worried! >_

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tesher07

actually its suppose to go off sept. 10. they trieds to take it to court to stop them but all is ago....we have a little bit of time left.....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
END OF THE WORLD OMG!!!!!!! WERE ALL GONNA DIE #!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crb123

September 10th is only when one proton beam is sent round the entire ring for the first time.

They need to check that a beam can be sent all the way round in a clockwise direction and kept stable and controlled the whole way.

Then they need to do the same but in an anticlockwise direction.

Then the first actual collision of 2 beams, providing the 2 above tests are successfull, will probably be in October, or so i've heard.

The first collision will not be at full power, it is not expected to be running at full power untill about 2010.

And even then it will be nowhere near as powerful as the cosmic rays that strike the earths atmosphere.

It is estimated the first collision will have about the same energy as two mosquito's colliding, not very spectacular untill you remember the mass of a proton is about 1,670,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times less than of a mosquito

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The mass of a proton at REST is 1.67E-27kg. However, at .999999 speed of light, the mass is over 700x that amount.
The energy released is then this mass X c^2 which is still not a lot, with many proton collisions, this energy adds up quickly. I wonder if that scientist Ottt R.... is right about damage being inside the earth undermining the core little by little over the next 4 years before the surface sees much damage at all. It sure fits with everything else I know about the end times timeline. The fact that it is being powered up on sept 10th, right before the Sept 11th date which I had previously calculated as the end of the 7 years of plenty and the start of the 7 years of famine.
That combined with the Russians poised in aggression and prophecies that have said that central europe would be destroyed first then a big war would start and the Nostradamus quatrain seem to all fit together now.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
yeah every news report ive been reading here says sept 10th, which has yet to happen... im not saying we're going to die but i hope something strange happens that changes lots of skeptics viewpoints.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Black holes VAPOURIZE in our atmosphere.

They can be created by disappear within less than .000000001 of a second.

You guys should have better things to worry about like how to pay for next tank of gas.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If a black hole was created from this, we wouldn't die instantaniously, the black hole will start of small, eventaually growing larger and accelerating. I think some expected number of years from some scientists where 5 years and other was a billion or so.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
if they do that they are soo stupid they are putting billions of inocent peoples life at risk the people that are doing it should be shot =[
i dont wanna die

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No it doesn't, mass does not increase with speed.

I can only assume you are using

E=MC^2

to come to this conclusion.

The formula is actually

E=γMC^2

where γ is realted to kinetic energy, which in turn is related to the speed, thus giving the increase in energy of an object the faster it goes without its mass increasing.

Therefore the mass of a proton, whether at rest or at '.999999' is still 1.67262158E-27kg.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join