It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturday 9th August 2008: THE END OF THE WORLD!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
www.virginmedia.com...

This Saturday the most advanced scientific instrument ever built will be switched on in Geneva.

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) has been built to test current theories for particle physics and scientists will try and recreate the conditions that existed just after the Big Bang by smashing parts of atoms together at high speeds.

When activated the collider could show one of the most elusive particles in our Universe, the Higgs boson, also called the "God particle". This observation could confirm the Standard Model of physics unifying three of the four known fundamental forces: electromagnetism, the strong nuclear force and the weak nuclear force, leaving out just gravity.

However, other more dangerous particles will also be produced for which searches are planned, such as black holes, and never seen before particles of matter, and even now, the architects of what is being termed a "Doomsday" machine, the U.S. Department of Energy, Fermilab, the National Science Foundation and CERN are being sued in federal court over fears that this experiment may in fact destroy the planet.

Also our old friend Nostradamus’ words ring from the grave with this grim prediction:

Nostradamus quatrain 9 44:

Leave, leave Geneva every last one of you,
Saturn will be converted from gold to iron,
"Raypoz" will exterminate all who oppose him,
Before the coming the sky will show signs.

Did Nostradamus predict the Large Hadron Collider? Will the Earth disappear into a black hole of its own making?

All credit of this post goes to Davros of the getdare forums.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well we have 2 hours and 10 minutes left. Should I run and hide under my bed?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tesher07

Broken link...We only have an hour left by the way; hope you can fix it in time to give me at least 15 minutes to do all that stuff I always wanted to

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Nah, they're only powering it up right now. They aren't supposed to begin the big stuff for a while. So we probably have a few months or so.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I thought all the countdowns were for 8/8/08; what countdown timer are you guys saying ends in less than an hour? Where did you get this timeframe?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Relax, this thread says the LHC will be shut down by ripples from the future.

At the rate we're going, we'll just destroy and scare ourselves to death (literally) well before this world ends. And can somebody clue me in why this thread is in the weaponry forum?

[edit on 8.9.08 by toreishi]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, it is currently 5:15am on Sunday, August 10, 2008 in Geneva. I think we're clear.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
After a short search I found this:

LHC Start
NIKHEF:National Institute for Nuclear Physics and High Energy Physics

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Cool ! Means I can finally stop wondering what is inside a black hole.
Yes the LHC theoretically can produce tiny black holes, but will they eat the world ? No..

What got my attention is the second line of the verse;

"Saturn will be converted from gold to iron" > Lucifer Project

Would they really... ?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
are we still here? plz respond

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The actual testing or the first run is on Sep 10th 2008, you guys are way off. They were just powering up the system to ensure it worked.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Why do I ALWAYS miss the important stuff? Why does someone always end the world without me??? Sorry, but I had to say that.

[edit on 02/27/2005 by cemeteryguy]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
ya i heard they are just powering it up so far, its not supposed to start for a while...but i say it should never start

those fools think they are so smart playing with the universe that way, god wont take too lightly to it

this is what those science freaks remind me of -

...-kid finds gun, points gun at other kid, kid fires gun, other kid dies on the floor, first kid replies "i didnt know that would happen, how could i know",- kid picks up bazooka...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ah well Tesher pity you couldnt predict you were wrong on two counts:
1) This is the weaponry section of ATS not the odball prediction part..
2) As stated the Collider doesnt commence until September 2008...

Not doing too well eh ?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'll be so happy when they finally start that thing because it will mean the end of the "the LHC will kill us all" threads.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
I'll be so happy when they finally start that thing because it will mean the end of the "the LHC will kill us all" threads.

Well, you see, they DID start it and we DID die, all of us.
We simply don't realize it because of one of more of the following:
1) We are sheeple, in the thrall of Masonic/NWO/Planet X propaganda, spread by Morgellons
2) Plain old garden-variety bullheadedness, buttressed by a healthy dose of stupidity
3) We didn't see that key YouTube video that explains it all (and helps you avoid the heartbreak of psoriasis)
4) We all have something unfinished and are collectively haunting our planet, which, although destroyed, clearly had a bit of unfinished work or two as well, so it is likewise hanging around haunting US (seems like a loop, but it's my story, so I will keep it), besides both the planet and the population now being ghosts, it is something of a common denominator, so it still works out to get up and go to the office tomorrow.
5) There are more, but I simply am not at liberty to discuss...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Damn, this sucks. The afterlife is just like real life.....my back still hurts, the frickin' bills still need to be paid.....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

I am not here.....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
the actual experiment dosnt begin for another month or two

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
that test was just to make sure the particles could be sent round the LHC in either anti-clockwise or clockwise direction...can't remember which.

A couple of days ago they sucessfully sent particles the other way round.

on the 10th September it is the first time that an actual beam will be sent the whole way round.

then i'm guessing there will be a test on sending a beam the other way round.

either way there will be no actual collision of beams untill at least 10th October...providing these tests are successful...

Also if you look on wikipedia about the LHC and do a bit of hunting around the other articles on wiki that are linked to it you will see that fears about doomsday ocurring due to the collision are pretty ridiculous as collisions with energies much higher than the LHC occur naturally all the time, with the earths atmosphere being hit with cosmic rays all the time, and that the LHC has nowhere near the energies required to create micro black holes or other dangerous particles.

Also micro black holes, if created, would decay within second due to hawking radiation

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join