It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious shadowy object on film in highschool (video source) CNN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is very strange. A mysterious shadowy ghost like apparition or something else is caught on camera in a highschool. I believe the camera is motion activated as well. It will be interesting to see what people say about this.

VIDEO LINK Courtesy CNN.COM

[edit on 8/8/2008 by gravytrain]

Mod edit: Removed all caps title

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Interesting video.

I've watched it 3 times, and I can't figure out any "rational" explanation.
It's weird how there's a shadow on the doors and the floor during the second time it was captured. Although, if it were just a shadow, shouldn't it bend where the floor meets the doors? It doesn't seem much like a bug either. I'm so confused, I've re-edited this post several times.

edit - changed a lot, my mind's all over the place right now

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Weird video indeed.

They should dig into the schools history, it seemed like quite an old building.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I thought it was going to be another one of those "blue bug" ghosts that we saw from the gas station video last year, but this one is way more perplexing and possibly legitimate.

A dark, humanoid (gaseous?) figure strolling the main hall of the high school, even casting a shadow onto the ground. That is some weird stuff, I love it!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Interesting, at first by the tone I had assumed I was going to see something rather orb like and disappointing. Instead we get an intriguing moving mass sighted.

Good find!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Huh. Anyone else reminded of the Grudge?

Based on the size and angle of the shadow, it looks like anything that cast it should be caught by the camera.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Can someone get the photoshop and video experts in here to take a look at this please.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I wonder what it takes to set off that motion sensor. The frame where it is in the middle of the screen looks a lot like an out of focus fly.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yes it could possibly be an out of focus fly. I want to keep this thread alive and try to attract some of the more knowledgeable ATS'rs who could bring some debunking theories to this thread. All contributions are greatly appreciated. I just want to figure out what this is!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by somedood
I wonder what it takes to set off that motion sensor. The frame where it is in the middle of the screen looks a lot like an out of focus fly.

an out of focus fly that casts a large shadow on the ground? Not possible.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Nice video find.

It sure does look like a human form. I have seen a shadow person once and it looked like a real person just all black, a shadow. Maybe that is what it is.

Star

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Dude, I live in NC. What's more is I've been to that building when I went with my sister to her OotM competition. The building isn't in the best of shape.

It looks pretty legit as far as ghost videos go, for a teacher to be that exited means this wasn't faked. Plus the school has no reason to fake it, the last thing they want is paranormal attention.

The problem is, I really don't see the resemblance to a human. It could be explained.

Great video, but throw it in the pile with the others.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I would of liked to see just the video without the teacher's comments. She wants people to see a human shape, and that suggestion makes some people see it. I think it may be a fly or a bug, but the shadow effect in the floor is puzzling. Also, if the building is haunted, why is there just the one time the "ghost" appeared?
Video is inconclusive (possible insect shadow).

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If they wanted to be scientific about it and really wanted to rule out other possibilities, they would go there at night and dangle small objects near the camera lens. See if they can get anything to closely resemble the images on the video tape.

Short of that, I'd say it was a random fly's semi-transparent wings that were so out of focus that they make it appear as if there is a shadow in the picture.

Strange things can have very simple explanations.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The link leads me to a video about the war in Georgia - is there another link to the video?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I cant' bring up any videos from CNN. Is there not another link to the Haunted High School.

It really sounds interesting, and from the comments of those, who have been able to see it, I am even more keen.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I was having a similar problem to you guys (The last two posters) If you go to youtube and search for legrand high school it should be like the second or third link

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The link on CNN's website doesnt work anymore. Here is a link to a video of the same thing on Youtube. LINK

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think the most mysterious thing about this video is that english teacher who is talking at the end.

But in all seriousness, its interesting. I can respect the fact that the public relations guy didn't straight up say it was a ghost or not, he's a smart man.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah you should always waffel to make everyone happy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join