It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over-Reacting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Jesus chirst it looks like ATS over night has become into a big fear machine with people spouting "END OF THE WORD WW3!!! AAHHH !!!"
I'm sick of it, the whole georgia thing, Bad yes..But WW3?..Freaking far from it
Cern?, It is an amazing step in human technoligy but no..IT WILL KILL US ALL! ..apprently

Im sick of people calling" the end of the world" and over reacting whenever somthing bad happens
We live in a crap world but its not going to go to hell in a hand basket because we try out new tech, a date with 3 of the same numbers occur in it, or a nation the size of my backgarden starts fighting with itself

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm not going to lie and say that most of the posts on ATS are highly depressing. It makes me think that all of humanity just sucks. I know there is still tons of good in this world and it's happening every single day. Reading post after post about how bad the Earth has become is really draining sometimes! It sometimes makes me have the most negative replies!

Oh, well! I guess ATS isn't really a rose garden!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE,

Just be glad that we have the internet, or there would be a rise in people running the streets, yelling such things, or family members keeping you on the phone about such things, or that one friend who KNOWS it's coming, regurgitating his "the aliens will eat us" theory at any opportunity.

Oh, and you must have a big garden. LOL

USMC-oorah, Semper Fi friend. ,

I agree, humanity on both global and local scales, seems to depress me lately...but I try daily to convince myself that the only reason it does, is because I allow it.
I am my own master. As are you.
Mind over matter, Devil Dog.....if you don't mind.......
You know the rest.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying. But it is the nature of the beast to discuss our world events and dissect them so we might come to a better understanding of the truth.

Good news doesn't sell nor interest most of us. We want meat to chew on not a vase of roses.

ATS reminds me of a group of people sitting around a camp fire discussing world events and trying to find ways to explain and correct the problems.

Good thought provoking conversation is energizing to me. Using ATS as a sounding board is helpful also.

There are a number of very intelligent folks here and I find my fears calmed by their logical reasoning.

It is most important to ground yourself and not let fear of what could happen rule your life.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

Ok does anyone else see the irony in a member that calls themselves WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE making a thread about over reacting?

Is it just me?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I thought it was hilarious personally

OP...I wouldn't worr so much if this post in sincere. The end of the world scenarios have gone on for centuries and they will continue to. Besides..if it happens, who is going to be here to say I told you so?

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

Ok does anyone else see the irony in a member that calls themselves WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE making a thread about over reacting?

Is it just me?

the irony wasn't lost on me either. I thought it was hilarious.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ben420

same here

sorry were-all-gona-die, hope you dont take it the wrong way.
m x

[edit on 13-8-2008 by morganathefey]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
My name was supposed to be Ironic

I agree , talking about world events is needed, what would ATS be without it?
But a thread being turned into a big fear machine when the OP never ment it to go that way or the topic is the furthest thing away from a doomsday scenario
Its very despressing to decide to take a gander at a few threads and see what the lastest events are in georgia and have 100's of people tell you "WERE ALL GONNA DIE!" (ironic
) over and over
It makes me just want to leave ATS till the conflict blows over,
Oh well..Guess there will always be people shouting and even wanting doomsday to happen

[edit on 13-8-2008 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

top topics

join