It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Star or UFO? (Micrographx Graphic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Even before DNBaudio asked us all to go outside and project our wishes to the ET's/Crafts to do a fly-by, I had been doing it for a while. I go outside, usually after "Friends" ends sometime after 11PM Central time, and gaze at the sky overhead.

Sometimes I bring a flashlight and point it directly overhead then give it 3 quick bursts at random intervals. Well, tonight, the first time I did that this object appeared almost immediately. I've seen plenty of shooting stars and this one behaved pretty much the same except it was so much nearer to me.

It appeared to be basketball size and was completely silent. Impossible to gauge how high it was but it seemed MUCH nearer than the shooting stars I usually witness.

It appeared traveling from left to right as the graphic shows and lasted about 4 to 5 seconds.

Well, like I said, I've seen lots of shooting stars but this one was different enough to post about. It was so big and so close. It had a very beautiful white aura or glow around it.

I got fairly excited and tried to call another out, but no luck so far. I came in to write about it and create the graphic and now I'm going back out and see if I can do it again. If I "conjure" another one I'll let you guys know. Lol.

The graphic shows the actual size of the "shooting star" and it's from my perspective of looking directly overhead.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I believe there is supposed to be a Persid(sp) metor shower sometime this week. Might be worth looking into if you are just now seeing something unusual in the sky...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You might check NASA to see what time the International Space Station was visible over where you live, I know it's been visible where I live for the past three nights, and will be visible again on Saturday. What direction were you facing? If the light moved from a Westerly direction to an Easterly direction it could have been the ISS.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xtradimensions
You might check NASA to see what time the International Space Station was visible over where you live, I know it's been visible where I live for the past three nights, and will be visible again on Saturday. What direction were you facing? If the light moved from a Westerly direction to an Easterly direction it could have been the ISS.

I was facing southwest and it moved from east to west. Also, it was fairly large. Like a basketball would appear about a hundred feet up.

I've always heard that shooting stars were minuscule bits of dust or debris that burned up upon entry in the atmosphere. I've seen many of them. The ones I've seen were tiny and very, very high up.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rek2008

It doesn't sound like the ISS then based on the direction.
According to NASA's website in Mississippi the ISS would have been here on Wednesday:
SATELLITE: ISS
LOCAL: Wed Aug 06/08:57 PM
DURATION: 3
MAX ELEV: 28
APPROACH (DEG-DIR): 12 above NNW
DEPARTURE (DEG-DIR): 24 above ENE

Source: NASA ISS Link

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xtradimensions

I found another LIVE tracking site with graphics. It appears to ME that the ISS is somewhere over the southeasten tip of Asia heading for Australia.

ISS Tracker
Use the ZOOM button on the lower right to see terrain.

Anyway, the ISS is probably NOT what I saw.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I've seen a few shooting stars before...but... here's a question. Do they ever fall horizontally? I saw something earlier tonight that I'm pretty sure wasn't a shooting star, but I don't know what it was. The best way to describe it, I guess would be a huge glowstick zooming horizontally about 100 ft above treetop level. It went really fast. I'm guessing the size of it was apx.50 ft long. It was a whitish yellow glowing color. It was low enough that it wasn't an illusion of falling across the sky....it was moving very fast across the sky and just disappeared. Anyone have any ideas what I saw?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Very strange, Virraszto. That certainly does NOT sound like a shooting/falling star. More like one of those "rods" we all hear about except the rods can usually only be caught on high-speed cameras and are all but invisible to the naked eye. Very interesting .... Every seen one those before ?

Rek

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I didn't think it was a shooting star, but when I read your post and saw your diagram...I didn't know shooting stars could fall horizontally. I wanted to try to rule out a shooting star... I forgot to mention it was very bright and lit up the sky, but it went so very fast.

I've never seen a rod before. I don't know how someone could catch what I saw on film unless they just set up a camera and leave it and get extremely lucky.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rek2008

I recently had a similar experience.

I have been changing my life in different ways recently and I really wanted to see a ship or something with my own eyes. It was a nice night out and the sky was very clear. I figured it was a good time to go star gazing and maybe request a visit. I came to a large desserted parking lot and sat outside... After awhile of talking and thinking to myself i notice something in my peripheral, i focus on it. It was a large cloud almost touching the tree line. This cloud was not a usual cloud it seemed more dense, it was also odd seeing a cloud on such a clear night. As soon as I took notice of this cloud. A beuatiful streak of light flies across the sky right next to it. The trail a white blue. It lasted for one secound with no sound. My heart stopped, I freaked out.

If i was to hold my hands out towards the sky. It was about 2 feet from hand to hand (left to right). Also about the size of a quater or nikel. The trail of the object disapearing almost instantly.

The trajectory seemed to be completely straight and horizontal.

new topics

top topics

join