It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens Would Not Cooperate With A Draft Would They?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Well, of course. I understand what you mean with that.

I just do not see the point of a draft, when everyone knows Bush lied to get us there.

Iraq was a staging ground, plain and simple, to get the United States military, as well as the mercenaries closer to Iran.

Divide and Conquer.

Iraq and Iran used to always be at each others throats, but when it came to the United States, it's odd how they always came together, and not many people noticed that subtle shift, from that, but I know I did.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

The effective range of the weapon you posted is 500 meters. The range that can be accurately reached by a 50 cal sniper rifle is 1000 meters. The weapon you mentioned in your post is only effective if they are used as a surprise or against unarmed people. I am betting that the resistance will be armed with defensive weapons that can reach beyond the 500 meter effective range of this device.

[edit on 8/10/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

What's up Leo?

Anyhow, excellent post. I for one, wouldn't cooperate with a draft... my sense of moral obligation far outweighs my obligation to a corrupt government. In the premised situation I would do what I know to be right and damn the consequences.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

This is exactly what I've been wondering since our troops hit Iraq.

I have several friends who have mentioned the talk of the draft, and I do not see how one could be enacted since it's been broadcast all over the news that the fact that what got us into Iraq was a lie to begin with.

Would this be different if we end up going into Iran now?

Somehow, I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It wouldn't be any different if we went to Iran. I thought it was common knowledge that Ahmadinejad is pretty much a figurehead, and holds very little power in Iran. Yeah he is a supreme jerk, but there is very little he can do to us. Most of the power is held by the parliament, and they really don't seem to have to much interest in warring with other states. They use Ahmadinejad as their little barking attack dog to make themselves seem more powerful and aggressive than they are. At least, that's the way I understand it.

Either way, the citizens of the US would not deal well with a draft. It would get real ugly, especially since this time around it wouldn't just be tree loving hippies that are opposed to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

If you have the time, I'd like your opinion on my most recent thread. I know that we really haven't spoken much in the forums outside of the chatroom, but I respect your thoughts and opinions.

So if you have time.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

yes but would the general tv-watching population be so quick as to turn their weapons on the US Government?

the authorities only need to drop the magic word in there; Terrorism, and everyone will listen to them. no one is going to turn against the nice government that is protecting them from 'The Terrorists'. especially if there was some sort of staged attack.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A year ago I would have said the draft is unconstitutional now however I have found out we are no longer protected by the constitution.My father spent 18 months in a federal prison during ww2 for refusing the draft.I tryed to enlist in the navy when I was 17 but ended up being 4f.If I were in good health and young enough I would just refuse like my father did however with the government we have today that very well might get you executed.You said you like history here's a historical link you might like.

www.usavsus.info...

I am 60 years old and this is the first time in my life I have ever seen a civil or peace flag of the united states.The reason I have never seen it is this country has been at war pretty much since ww1 most of that time against it's own people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join