It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Georgia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thats what happens when you allow a non-nation, like Kosovo, to become independent. Other independence movements will be legitimise.

Georgia promised the EU it would respect the ceasefire, but their aggression has sparked a war. The Georgian Republic only wanted NATO membership to use it as a baseball bat against Russia.

Let's stop Russia bashing in the West and understand Georgia is the problem here.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i just heard on msnbc that bush issued a public statement, from the peaceful olympic games in beijing, siding with georgia and condemning russia for crossing their borders aggressively. also he is calling for an immediate cease fire on both sides but his statement was worded in that stern "i know what's right for america" tone. i don't think that's good.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

fox news USA is more intrested in reporting a crash in Denver!!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blkraven7

It is all over European news.

The crisis is being fully explained, in detailed and what caused the conflict. I just had it on Fox, they were talking about America and how the crisis effects them. Typically

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wow just wow. Looks like the U.S has something up their sleeves. It looks like to me they want Russia to get busy with other problems while when Isrel attacks Iran and the U.S helps Isrel I bet Iran would be by themselves since Russia would have a war on their hands and can't really focus on helping Iran.

This was somthing I didn't really expect. I never thought this would happen.

I knew bush kept getting road blocks. He tried to us Iraq as a military base to make it easier to attack Iran. The Iraqi president agreed to the renewal forms but didn't agree on what bush wanted and changed it a bit which they agreeded. Bush knew he needed another plan. They had trouble getting Iran attack first or have a really good reason to attack Iran.
So they knew they had to get Iran involved in some way so they can point the finger.

I really think there is going to be a world war 3 the reason I say this is that their is alot of countries pissed at each other and it's very easy to start a war but it's very hard to avoid one.

The reaons Bush wants to attack Iran is for it's oil, the trades and also control.

We are losing control of Iran, Iran gets more power when they can build themselves a nuke bomb.

What the U.S is trying to do is make every country to have old weapons because if they get to know how our weapons are made they can then be a threat to us.

IF you notice why the U.S keeps asking Iran to stop their nuclear inrichment ect.

The reason is we are losing strings. It's like if you have an enemy and you know what the person can do and you can protect yourselve this would cause you to be more bold. You will be bold enough to go up to him and tell him what to do ect ect and if he fights back you will know the weak points which would keep him inline because he will have fear that you could do somthing to him. Once that enemy finds out your weaknesses he would get bold and at this point there could be a battle to keep the other in the others control.

This is what Iran and the U.S is at.

Iran is not a threat really but we lost control on them. Iran knows about our economy and knows that we can't fully afford to go to another war and also knows our war with Iraq. I am sure they studied how we got in Iraq and done everything ect. Since I Iran knows we can't go to war he is bolder now and has no fear of the U.S this causes him to not give in the U.S demands.He is more bolder having a good friends, Russia, Ven...ect.

Well thanks for informing us.I have not seen this on the news at all here in the U.S.

Keep us informed on latest developments since I don't think the U.S media will show coverage on this.

UPDATE*: CNN MADE COVERAGE OF THIS!!!!!!!! WORLD WAR 3 MAN LOL..

[edit on 8-8-2008 by computerwiz32]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blkraven7
reply to post by maloy

fox news USA is more intrested in reporting a crash in Denver!!

Indeed. I just flicked through the news channels and absolutely nothing on this crises. Instead it's "what were they wearing at the opening ceremony?", "Bret Favre joins the Jets" and "what did some Holywood star name their baby?". Absolutely pathetic

Thank god for the Internet!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It seems to be more than a threat- reports are coming in- war has started

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
www.interfax.com...

Now Abkhazia (the other region of Georgia that wants independence) says that their armed forces are moving to the border of Georgia.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
it seems to be a copy of the start of ww1- start a minor war- alliances start going into effect- and you have a full blown war- this is serious #- and the american masses are being dumbed down as usual- it's so damn obvious- i guess this could be the start...........

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gnothiseauton

Really?!

That's alarming.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Latest photo from Georgia
img359.imageshack.us...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by patriot jim

Yep that's true and very scary.

This could be the fuel of a world war 3 have the U.S and Iran get involved then all hell will break lose.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

From the Interfax news timeline:
www.interfax.com...

GMT, August 8, 2008
17:12 Saving people, not S. Ossetia's status is in question now - Gryzlov
17:12 More than 1,400 killed in Tskhinvali - Kokoity
17:00 Fitch, S&P downgrade Georgia's ratings
16:57 Georgian Interior Ministry insists Georgian forces controllingTskhinvali
16:50 Thousands of S. Ossetian refugees pouring into Russia
16:45 Volunteers being recruited in Abkhazia to go fighting in S. Ossetia -Bagapsh
16:42 Norilsk Nickel appoints Strzhalkovsky CEO, approves new executive board(Part 2)
16:42 Abkhaz formations will continue advancing to border with Georgia -leader
16:17 Virtually all houses in Tskhinvali ruined
16:12 Ingosstrakh minority shareholders ready to take Deripaska to court againover AGM (Part 2)
16:06 Interros not looking at UC RUSAL as sole partner for development ofNorilsk - Potanin
16:04 Russia to stop commercial air services with Georgia at midnight (Part 2)
16:04 Abkhaz president is in constant contact with S. Ossetia

It seems like things are only getting worse... Unfortunately with the number casualties rising there are less chances of a political resolution to this.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

So one could say that the underlying reasons for this conflict are about natural resources (oil/gas)? The pipeline runs thru Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, etc. and other countries (which from your link includes Israel) want a piece of the pie of transferring the oil/gas thru said pipeline. If Georgia already has the pipeline operational, then why attack South Osetian now? And why is South Osetian so important to Russia. They give the reason as having nationals within the South Osetian borders, but is there something else?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by rockieboy]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Interestingly enough, last year I actually predicted Russia would invade Georgia. I ended up backing off of that prediction, but wow. This is just breathtaking.

You were wrong. Russia has not invaded Georgia and has no plans to do that. Russia is stepping up its peacekeeping force in South Ossetia to prevent the already starting ethnical cleansing by Georgians.

Saying "Russia invades Georgia" is utterly arrogant and ignorant, and Western media is not helping bring to light what is really going on.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
"Georgia’s pro-Western president said the two countries were at war, while the Bush administration urged both sides to reach a truce and said it was sending an envoy to the region." www.msnbc.msn.com...

now america is getting involved.
the russians are sending a LOT of vehicles into ossetia.

how big is an envoy again???

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thank you Maloy!! You've done a great job by posting this and a better job by updating it regularly. I heard about this from someone on my way to work and I knew someone on ATS would be all over it.

People need to star and flag this thread!!! This is breaking news and needs more attention. Even if this tapers off quickly in the coming days it has large potential to become a major crisis.

Thank you everyone else for your updates as well!

Why anyone would believe Russia is to blame in all of this I cannot fathom. South Ossetia officially asked for their support because they're being invaded! It's Russian people asking for their home country's support. I don't see anything about Ossetians invading Georgia, do you?

Of course Russia has troops in the vicinity. When you have a well known tension in a hostile region you think they'll just leave it and hope nothing happens? Of course not! Russia has to protect its own borders and they know they'll be asked to come in and mediate. When their peace keepers are being shot then its no longer time for mediation, thats an offense against Russia and they are in the right to defend their people.

Again thanks everyone and keep the updates coming!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

ok. so what is exactly going on if they are killing each other, shooting each others planes down, bombing air fields, and other war like actions???

this doesn't just seem like a small rebel uprising to me.
you are right though they haven't technically invaded georgia.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yep,

The big bad USA is behind this one too. Give me a break.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I agree with you.

Sorry about the one liner

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join