It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could it be that alien abductees mind-wipes themselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Many alien abductees may first remember their abduction after being hypnotised, when reading these stories it is often implied that the aliens did this mind-wipe on their unfortunate victims. Could it be possible that the human brain mind-wipes itself as a unconsious reaction to protect the person from possible madness? Forgetting painful events is a well known unconsious reaction after traumatic experiences like rape, violence etc., so why should this not also apply to abductions?

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't think that's terribly unlikely. Not only because of the potential trauma of an abduction event, but also simply because it is so outside the scope of what we may deem "acceptable reality". The mind can't explain the event without resorting to ideas that would seem crazy to society as a whole (said person may even end by concluding "I must be crazy"). I don't think it is impossible that the mind could then just block out the event as a way to protect itself from the sheer oddity of it all.

'Course, that's under the assumption that abductions are real. The problems with hypnosis for memory recall are well-known and then there are always going to be some individuals that make things up for whatever reason. But I've come across a few cases myself that really make me wonder.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Lets say like the Movie 'lawnmower man' you have your molecules seperated and they take you for a ride on ionised particles, now would you want to remember being broken down like that in the conscious world, the question is how tight you hold your reality could create a reality break, but if the strings that are tied to vibrations are loose and flowing there is no problem. There are many truths within the illusional existance of reality.

It's really the seperating of dimensions that the three dimensional mind, has a problem with occupying a different time space requires a lot of patience and acceptance for things to be allowed to happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As having recalled being an abductee with repressed-like memories, I have recently replied on another abductee thread somewhere that I think they somehow manipulate our minds as if asleep during these abduction type events. Look into sleep walkers? A person who is a lucid dreamer may not be so easily controlled in such a way.

Excellent topic discussion for those who think they might know anyway.

You may also have been hypnotized by your so-called abductors to repress these memories also. I've recalled having gone through hypnosis by somone in my home when I was younger. The hypnotist was not the same when he left either. I also recall the catholic church getting involved as if possessed. These could still be all programed false memories. Most of these events happened in what I believed was my home. But, now recall having seen a mock-up or a set of my home at an Air Force base.

This was as if some type of jump gate technology with military objectives along with remote viewing.

Also look into MKultra if you haven't already.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That is quite possible.

I have been through some traumatic experiences in my life as a child and to this day, have trouble remembering spots in my life. I doubt I was taken by aliens, but know that because of some events surrounding certain parts of my life, my mind has seemingly wiped whole sections of that era to protect me from being harmed by the knowledge.

Its possible, that those abducted - being a very traumatic experience, have had their minds just flipping end over end trying to explain the situation. Being unable to and to protect itself from sheer insanity, it blocks out portions of time ( hours, days, months, etc ). Abductees may have only been gone for an hour, but can't remember whole range of times or dates.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There are several sites on missing time events that are believed to be caused by original traumatic event(s). One diagnosis is dissociative identity disorder and or multiple personalities. Here's a site I found on some related causes.

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's very possible. Amnesia is a symptom associated with traumatic shock, whether that be a physical trauma or a shocking event. As are denial, anger and grieving over the matter. It's triggered by one's own self.

In my opinion if one was to see an actual alien being, it would be so shocking to accept this sight. Not just because it may appear 'ugly', but simply because you're having to accept they exist, and this is a severe shock to the system. Even if it's always something you believed in anyways, that all becomes irrelevant in an instant, it's a spontaneous reaction. To come on a place like this and read about aliens existing is one thing, and many can accept this as fact, or having dreams about them, and being able to function during waking hours by assuring yourself they were dreams, but when faced with that undeniable realization it's a completely different matter, and one should be wary of wishing to find out. Not all people are going to react as this, but I think that all depends on what it is they actually witness, whether or not it felt sinister, and I'm most certain in extreme circumstances we would all react the same. It's human nature.

If disclosure was to happen, and it's all over the news and the 'truth is now revealed", the reaction to that knowledge is not the same as actually experiencing this 'disclosure' first hand. The former, can always allow any person the choice not to believe second hand information and images or any other 'proof' being presented, even if that doubt is only in the back of their mind, which would serve as a release, in case they can't handle knowing.

new topics

top topics

join