It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Captain Planet Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I think it is a GOOD thing to teach kids to take care of the planet, since it is where we all have to live. Like it or not we are going to eventually reach a breaking point with our consumerism, so this is actually a very important thing.

It is a BAD thing to try to scare them into it or bring debatable science like GW into it. On the parent's side and the show's the should teach the kids that although there is some blame to be placed on the big corperations, the majority of improvement comes from ordinary people respecting the three R's.

That's worth a star... and a repeat performance.

I remember Ferngully too. I liked it. And yes, while it had some ecological propaganda in it, the bad guy (if I remember) was profit-driven, not driven by some inner desire to create more smog. That's realistic (unfortunately
) and I think it made a good point for the kids.

It sickens me when I see litter splayed across the side of the highway or a park or beach. It also sickens me when people get so carried away with the problem that they distort it, making things worse.

Great post!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I remember Ferngully too. I liked it.

I remember the theme song sung by Sheena Easton to that. She has such an amazing voice, and what a beautiful song. "A Dream Worth Keeping" / Sheena Easton

[edit on 14-8-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I know Cold Fusion, Water fuel Cell, and Perpetual Motion Machines is far better than Biofuel(particularly made of Corn instead Recycled Garbage), Hybrid fuel, and Hydrogen Fuel Cell when used to save the environment

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I thought CC were to catch the excess carbon buildup that the lead in leaded gasoline used to burn up. When we switched to unleaded, the carbon just shot through the whole exhaust system. I could be very wrong.

But it never explained why not adding lead to gas made it cost more than adding lead to gas. Because unleaded was more expensive and less fuel efficient due to the loss of horsepower and a cooler burn in the cylinders as well as carbon build up over time.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Ahabstar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join