It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Racist, Bigot & Homophobe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Well if I have a choice between a candidate that is anti-american and one who is not I will vote for the pro-american candidate even if he is everything that I despise. I hate McCain.... why do you think I call him INSANE. But I have a choice to make... what is best for the Constitution and what is best for the future of Liberty of the citizens of this nation. Osama will destroy this nation worse than Bush.... and I hate Bush too.

It's not inhumanity.... it is the lesser of two extreme evils. Do you remember what it was like when Carter was president? I have a home... with a mortgage.... at about 6% interest.... do you know what mortagage rates were like with Carter? more than credit card interest, over 20%!!!! Do you want that your friends and family that want to buy a home next year? No one could afford a house back then and thats why there was a recession. If he gets into office he will send us into a full blown depression!!!!! And take our guns. He's a liar.... an even worse one than InsaneMcCain.

I don't want that... we all want change but Osama isn't going to provide and neither will InsaneMcCain... but he's hella better than a muslim sympathizer!

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This is the worst post I have ever read. Weak at best. Obama has connections to domestic terrorists. He has a history of hanging out with ultra left black leaders. He is nothing more than the flavor of the day. A flash in the pan democrat that is the media darling. I would bet that Obama is by far more of a bigot than McCain.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I look at many things said as a slip of the tongue. I realize there are people out there who really stink but for the most part most of the people I have taken the time to get to know are decent hard working, caring people who most of the time say and do the right thing. Why jump on someone when they make a mistake? So many people on opposite sides of the fence just set back and wait for someone to make a mistake and then crucify them. They they use the incident to point out to their side see, see I told you he/she was a so and so. Most smart people know this has no bearing on the real person and every time I see or hear something like this I instantly suspect the person who is doing the finger pointing. I don't ever make any decisions of this kind of rhetoric because it is flawed. I have discussed this with others and I found out there are many who feel the same way.

That kind of information is not reliable so most intelligent/informed people don't use it. I do not know anyone who has never lied, so if everyone has lied should we consider everyone as a useless no good liar? If they did it once they will always be, right? Come-on, who live with these unrealistic expectations? There are things I have said in my life I wish I could take back because they hurt others but all I can do is use those situations as a learning experience and try to do better next time. Don't we allow for others to make the same connection when they do something stupid? I get tired of listening to people post these kind of messages without allowing others the same room for growth they would expect for them selves. We are at best imperfect when it comes to emotions and no one has it all together.

What I do in a situation like the presidential race or any other political issue is look at the persons abilities to perform under pressure, how does his political beliefs align up with mine and what are my feelings about the person. Because of so much useless party mud slinging 90 percent of the content has little if anything to do with the candidates abilities to perform the job. Looking over the last half century there has not been a president who I found all of their beliefs to align with mine so I picked the one who I though would do the best job. There were times my partisan vote did not align with my party so I had a big problem. I understand the passion people have for their parties but there are times when the best person for the job is on the other side.

I suppose my age has caught up to me and I want more information and less spin because I do not want to take the time to sort out all of the nonsense. Everyone complains about nearly everything and the opposite side always looks like a bad guy, not a poor candidate, but a horrible bad guy. More often than not both sides spend more time on spin and mud slinging and to hell with the issues. When we can look at each other and quit separating ourselves by colors, creed left and right and start behaving like people who understand the word honor we may start to see some change, but until then we will see just more of the same.

Regards,
Moon

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Brer Rabbit.
One of my favorite childhood characters. The message is one of not being rude because you perceive someone else is being rude. It just gets all sticky, messy and ends badly.

I gues it's racist in a very broad sense in that it's pre-civil rights. Someday we'll whitewash all the history. Ironic isn't it?

Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby

Retold by Catharine Farrell from a story retold by Joel Chandler Harris

"One day Brer Fox thought of how Brer Rabbit had been cutting up his capers and bouncing around until he'd come to believe that he was the boss of the whole gang. Brer Fox thought of a way to lay some bait for that uppity Brer Rabbit.

He went to work and got some tar and mixed it with some turpentine. He fixed up a contraption that he called a Tar-Baby. When he finished making her, he put a straw hat on her head and sat the little thing in the middle of the road. Brer Fox, he lay off in the bushes to see what would happen.

Well, he didn't have to wait long either, 'cause by and by Brer Rabbit came pacing down the road--lippity-clippity, clippity-lippity--just as sassy as a jaybird. Brer Fox, he lay low. Brer Rabbit came prancing along until he saw the Tar-Baby and then he sat back on his hind legs like he was astonished. The Tar-Baby just sat there, she did, and Brer Fox, he lay low.

"Good morning!" says Brer Rabbit, says he. "Nice weather we're having this morning," says he.

Tar-Baby didn't say a word, and Brer Fox, he lay low.

"How are you feeling this morning?" says Brer Rabbit, says he.

Brer Fox, he winked his eye real slow and lay low and the Tar-Baby didn't say a thing.

"What is the matter with you then? Are you deaf?" says Brer Rabbit, says he. "Cause if you are, I can holler louder," says he.

The Tar-Baby stayed still and Brer Fox, he lay low.

"You're stuck-up, that's what's wrong with you. You think you're too good to talk to me," says Brer Rabbit, says he. "And I'm going to cure you, that's what I'm going to do," says he.

Brer Fox started to chuckle in his stomach, he did, but Tar-Baby didn't say a word.

"I'm going to teach you how to talk to respectable folks if it's my last act," says Brer Rabbit, says he. "If you don't take off that hat and say howdy, I'm going to bust you wide open," says he.

Tar-Baby stayed still and Brer Fox, he lay low.

Brer Rabbit kept on asking her why she wouldn't talk and the Tar-Baby kept on saying nothing until Brer Rabbit finally drew back his fist, he did, and blip--he hit the Tar-Baby on the jaw. But his fist stuck and he couldn't pull it loose. The tar held him. But Tar-Baby, she stayed still, and Brer Fox, he lay low.

"If you don't let me loose, I'm going to hit you again," says Brer Rabbit, says he, and with that he drew back his other fist and blap--he hit the Tar-Baby with the other hand and that one stuck fast too.

Tar-Baby she stayed still, and Brer Fox, he lay low.

"Turn me loose, before I kick the natural stuffing out of you," says Brer Rabbit, says he, but the Tar-Baby just sat there.

She just held on and then Brer Rabbit jumped her with both his feet. Brer Fox, he lay low. Then Brer Rabbit yelled out that if that Tar-Baby didn't turn him loose, he was going to butt her crank-sided. Then he butted her and his head got stuck.

Brer Fox walked out from behind the bushes and strolled over to Brer Rabbit, looking as innocent as a mockingbird.

"Howdy, Brer Rabbit," says Brer Fox, says he. "You look sort of stuck up this morning," says he. And he rolled on the ground and laughed and laughed until he couldn't laugh anymore.

By and by he said, "Well, I expect I got you this time, Brer Rabbit," says he. "Maybe I don't, but I expect I do. You've been around here sassing after me a mighty long time, but now it's the end.

And then you're always getting into something that's none of your business," says Brer Fox, says he. "Who asked you to come and strike up a conversation with this Tar-Baby? And who stuck you up the way you are? Nobody in the round world. You just jammed yourself into that Tar-Baby without waiting for an invitation," says Brer Fox, says he. "There you are and there you'll stay until I fix up a brushpile and fire it up, "cause I'm going to barbecue you today, for sure," says Brer Fox, says he.

Then Brer Rabbit started talking mighty humble.

"I don't care what you do with me, Brer Fox, says he, "Just so you don't fling me in that briar patch. Roast me, Brer Fox, says he, "But don't fling me in that briar patch."

"It's so much trouble to kindle a fire," says Brer Fox, says he, "that I expect I'd better hang you," says he.

"Hang me just as high as you please, Brer Fox, says Brer Rabbit, says he, "but for the Lord's sake, don't fling me in that briar patch," says he.

"I don't have any string, " says Brer Fox, says he, "Now I expect I had better drown you, " says he.

"Drown me just as deep as you please, Brer Fox," says Brer Rabbit, says he, "But please do not fling me in that briar patch, " says he.

"There's no water near here," says Brer Fox, says he, "And now I reckon I'd better skin you," says he.

"Skin me Brer Fox," says he. "Snatch out my eyeballs, tear out my ears by the roots," says he, "But please, Brer Fox, don't fling me in that briar patch, " says he.

Of course, Brer Fox wanted to get Brer Rabbit as bad as he could, so he caught him by the behind legs and slung him right in the middle of the briar patch. There was a considerable flutter when Brer Rabbit struck the bushes, and Brer Fox hung around to see what was going to happen.

By and by he heard someone call his name and 'way up on the hill he saw Brer Rabbit sitting cross-legged on a chinquapin log combing the tar pitch out of his hair with a chip. Then Brer Fox knew he had been tricked.

Brer Rabbit hollered out, "Born and bred in the briar patch. I was born and bred in the briar patch!" And with that he skipped out just as lively as a cricket in the embers of a fire.

End"

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
Well if I have a choice between a candidate that is anti-american and one who is not I will vote for the pro-american candidate even if he is everything that I despise.

Thats the thing, neither candidate is anti-american. The only folks we got here shouting anti-american are the righties towards Obama, the exact same voters who called those who opposed the Iraq war "anti-american". Not a good enough excuse.

I hate McCain.... why do you think I call him INSANE.

No you dont, you choose to vote for the man because you believe in the propaganda coming from the neo-con machine, the same propaganda used to get troops into Iraq. Now if you want to support McCain because of his policies or his life time achievements thats all dandy but this excuse that "obamas an undercover terrorist" BS is just a weak. Only the weak minded will listen to such garbage.

But I have a choice to make...

Actually you have many, Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, Green party, or you can write in Ron Paul... your not limited to two candidates.

what is best for the Constitution

Whats best huh?

Yes McCains buddy there Bush said the constitution was "just a goddamn piece of paper". Did you know McCain voted over 90% in line with Bush in congress last year.

What about amendment 1 of the constitution?
www.law.cornell.edu...

You know ever since bush let his religious righwing buddies into the whitehouse and gave them so much power, bills such as this:
www.usatoday.com...
www.texscience.org...
come into the center of media attention, again. Now you tell me what amendment 1 of the constitution says. How does this connect to McCain? McCain is same old politics, same neo-conservatives in the whitehouse under his administration. You know he said that for the last 20 odd years the government has done nothing to solve the energy crises, only he was in government for the last 20years

The Iraq war, an unconstitution war, a war that McCain wants to continue:
www.truthusa.org...

Now tell me what makes electing Obama "unconstitutional" ? And I want evidence, not more rumours.

and what is best for the future of Liberty of the citizens of this nation.

Liberty? What the Bush administration did to Iraq, what McCain wants to continue, thats liberty? How about this:

Iraq prime minister wants withdrawal
www.youtube.com...

McCain says no withdrawal
www.youtube.com...

Was invading Iraq "Liberty"? Is keeping troops there "Liberty"?, tell me why did we invade Iraq again? It certainly has nothing to do with "liberty".

Was the patriot act the result of "Liberty"?
www.youtube.com...

How about 4000 troops who died for a war built on lies, is this Liberty? And you want to vote for more of the same because of what the neocons tell ya?

Osama will destroy this nation worse than Bush....

Osamas not running for president....

and I hate Bush too.

yet you want to vote more of the same, and to make it worse, its because you heard from limbaugh and his neo-con buddies vai another rightie here that Obamas "this and that".

It's not inhumanity.... it is the lesser of two extreme evils.

Yes either choose for change or another Bush third term, but you choose to go for the Bush third term because you believe in the rumours. Hey it got support for the iraq war!

Do you remember what it was like when Carter was president?

Carter was 30years ago. I bet you werent born then buddy.

Bush is still our president at the moment, Osama was armed by the Reagan administration to fight the Soviets, Saddam was armed by the republican administration to fight Iraq. And now here we are, in a war of lies to overthrow Saddam and to capture Osama, only for some reason after 8years Osama is still running free.

I have a home... with a mortgage.... at about 6% interest.... do you know what mortagage rates were like with Carter?

I bet you Bush did wonders for you and the rest of the middle class, Im sure McCain and his 90% voting record with Bushes will do this nation just fine right? Tell me, were you around during the Carter era? how about the Nixon era?

more than credit card interest, over 20%!!!!

Speculation, lets just speculate the future, "lets not look at the current mess, oh no then that would be the fault of my party, the republican party."

Do you want that your friends and family that want to buy a home next year? No one could afford a house back then and thats why there was a recession.

Yes courtesy of the Republican party, yet lets blame the congress elected 2years ago. Their not fixing the mess that has been in growth for 7years, their not fixing the economy thats having to pay $200million a day into a war of lies. The same was McCain intends to continue, the war that will keep this economy down. Obama wants to end it.

If he gets into office he will send us into a full blown depression!!!!!

Theres a difference between Reality and speculation.
McCain will continue Bushes policies, reality.
McCain will continue the $200 million a day war, reality.
The nation is in a mess because of Bush policies, reality.
Obama to bring the nation into a depression, speculation.

And take our guns. He's a liar.... an even worse one than InsaneMcCain.

Provide me evidence as to where Obama lied, I will happily compare that to McCain and maybe if I have time, Bush.

I don't want that... we all want change but Osama isn't going to provide and neither will InsaneMcCain...

Osama aint running pal.

but he's hella better than a muslim sympathizer!

Why dont you provide evidence for this accusation and while your at it, take off those earphones with Limbaugh in there, his only telling you what you want to hear, what his paid to tell you.

Bush and his cronines will run free under a McCain administration, I can promise you that.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think we're dealing with a simple case of projection on the Obama campaigns behalf. McCain wasn't the one who sat in Rev. Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years, but supposedly heard nothing racist, John McCain never referred to his Grandmother as a "typical White person", nor is he involved in any gay, drug-fueled scandals...

Projection - attributing one's own unacknowledged feelings to others; includes severe prejudice, severe jealousy, hypervigilance to external danger, and "injustice collecting".

Source

John McCain is simply guilty of being too plain-spoken, and not using politically correct terminology. You don't have to guess about what he's saying.. No translators required.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmoonryzn

Why jump on someone when they make a mistake?

As far as the "gook" comment goes: He's not being ridiculed for SAYING it as much as he's being ridiculed for REFUSING to denounce it and say he's wrong.

Then you have his refusal to recognize and vote for MLK day to be nationally recognized. 25 years later, he apologized under fire from minority groups. If its "not a big deal" then why can't he just vote for a federal holiday for one of this countries TRUE hero's? Its not celebrating BLACK PEOPLE, its Celebrating a BLACK MAN who crossed the colored line and brought union. (even if only through his own assassination)

Then his jokes about beating his wife.

Q: Maybe it’s the governor’s approval rating and you are running from him like you are from the president?

McCain: (Chuckling) And I stopped beating my wife just a couple of weeks ago…

Source

He thinks rape jokes are funny

Did you hear the one about the woman who is attacked on the street by a gorilla, beaten senseless, raped repeatedly and left to die? When she finally regains consciousness and tries to speak, her doctor leans over to hear her sigh contently and to feebly ask, ‘Where is that marvelous ape?’

That is a joke told to a columnist by McCain himself. Source

All of these things, in and of themselves, and BY THEMSELVES could easily be looked past as ignorant, obsolete male impulses, in other words: Lockerroom talk.

Except for one thing.

He's not in a locker room.
He's on camera.
He's on tape.
He's representing OUR COUNTRY in the united states senate.

He's supposed to be a hero who fights for everyone.
Do you hear superman making fun of the kid in a wheelchair?

In Batman Begins, did Bruce Wayne ever tell Rachel Daas she was ugly? (god i hope not)

He is a united states SENATOR. He's not some local townie working at the local townie bar.

He's not a burger flipper at McDonalds

HELL. In those two establishments, racist and sexist jokes are met with much much MUCH stricter punishment.

Sexual Harassment policy?
Hostile work environment policy?

Ya know, policies voted on by people like McCain. (representatives in congress)

He's a repeat offender. He refuses to apologize and make amends.

So i can only come to two conclusions:

1.) He's too old and senile to care. We've all seen this, reference "Frank" from Everybody Loves Raymond. Grumpy-ass old man who doesnt care who gets offended by what he says or does.

2.) He just doesn't care. If age has nothing to do with it, then why the complete lack of social etiquette? He doesn't mind being labeled a racist. He doesn't mind being labeled a bigot, or a homophobe.

In either event - and in my opinion - totally unqualified as POTUS.
We don't need another one of the jocks in the oval office. Its time to get someone who knows what the hell is going on.
Someone with moral integrity instead of easily hurt feelings.

Someone who knows the value of diplomacy, and only resorts to pulling the trigger when no other options exist.

Someone who can speak to anyone. Not just filthy rich white males.

And someone with a VOTING RECORD who can back it all up.

(side note

And before anyone goes saying Obama doesnt have a voting record:

You're Wrong.

Its actually much larger than SOME are willing to admit

John McCain has proven himself to be out of sync with society and political ideals (McCain: I dont know economics as well as i should ) And then later comes back and says he's king *snip* of economics.

Every time McCain opens his mouth, the folks at the Darwin Awards salivate. What a prime candidate for man of the year for the Darwin Awards.

If you want a missing link to prove the theory of evolution - look no further than John McCain.

He's the bridge between mans primal instincts of violence and stupidity - and the modern intellectually sound human being.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Using the term 'tar baby' in conversation they way he did is NOT racist.
Selectively calling his torturers in Vietnam 'gooks' is NOT racist.
Being against gay marriage because of religious beliefs is not homophobia.

He has a beautiful adopted (non-white) daughter.
He wished Ellen D. happiness in her marriage to her gay partner.
He has fought for the rights of Native Americans in his state.

The OP is way off base.

edited to add -

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
He thinks rape jokes are funny

That makes him a sexist pig and an idiot.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He has a beautiful adopted (non-white) daughter.

So?
I can "hate all black people" except for...Michael Jordan. (i dont hate all black people, im just using this as a reference)

Lots of people operate that way. They have what is called a double standard.

Selectively using a racial slur to describe anyone in a negative context is racist.

As i've said, there's a million words he could use to describe them that don't involved racial tone. But he won't.

He's a racist. he's a bigot, he's homophobic.

And anyone who supports his inadequacies as such - is no better. But thats just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I could not possibly agree more, Maria.

I guess all i can really say is: Welcome to the 2008 boards

All posts like Euclids does is further muster support for opponenets of John McCain.

To this user, i say, do you not understand that John McCain supports certain gun bans as well?

McCain favors outlawing cheaply made handguns called Saturday night specials, and favors mandating safety locks on certain guns. He said he is intrigued by new technology that electronically identifies a person handling a gun, allowing only the owner to fire it. McCain rallied Senate Republicans behind a Democratic measure requiring background checks at gun shows.

Supports ban on certain assault weapons
McCain said he was open to voting for an assault weapon ban

Source for both

John McCain is more geared towards people who use guns in a crime...instead of preventing the crime.

I don't know about you - but if i had the choice between getting my arm cut off and trying to sew it back on, or avoiding my arm being cut off all together, i'm choosing the latter.

You cannot take back the pain that a gun crime causes. No matter how much you punish.

John McCain is an idiot. Should be added to OP title

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Well, you forgot to mention that McCain is also a traitor, a Communist collaborator, while imprisoned in Vietnam. He participated in propaganda films, for the VietCong. Perhaps he was under duress...but even so, he sure doesn't want any records of his 'stay' in Hanoi released...he has something to hide.

I say, open everything up....let's see all the snakes.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'll say this:

I wasnt aware of records being kept hidden, but if that is true:

Why not release the records?
Got something to hide, songbird?

I guess he could be holding them secret for the same reason Obama doesnt release his birth certificate.

It doesnt matter. Then again - maybe it does
*hum's x-files theme*

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I know, I saw a video from YouTube about it...I mean, even other Repub Senators/Congressmen are saying something is fishy, McCain blocked investigations by the Armed Services Committee, trying to look into MIA records, for the sake of the families.

McCain was NOT born in the USA....he was born in Panama Canal Zone....allegedly a 'territory' of the US. I guess it would be the same if he was born on an AFB anywhere else in the World?

Obama's Birth Certificate? Heck, there's another thread to start!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well if I have a choice between a candidate that is anti-american and one who is not I will vote for the pro-american candidate even if he is everything that I despise. I hate McCain....

How do you define... Anti-American?

I just don't see it.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Specifically, what are the differences between the two?

On the war(s), climate change, energy, emissions, UN, NATO, immigration, employment, education, etc.?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

To answer your questions, DJerwulfe. Please visit the following links for information on
war(s), climate change, energy, emissions, UN, NATO, immigration, employment, and education

Barack Obama on:

War

Environment

Foreign Policy

Immigration

Jobs

Education

John McCain On:

War

Environment

Foreign Policy

Immigration

Jobs

Education

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by euclid

Alright, now this is a post with more substance than drivel. Although I don't happen to agree with your stance, it is obvious you put a little more thought into this post than your previous one below.

I don't care if Insane McCain is a racists, steps on babies heads, or kicks gay people. He is the only candidate who will not enact anti-gun laws.

That particular piece of horse manure you pooped out lacked any redeeming merit. The fact that you are willing to paint McCain in this less than flattering light, yet still support him, is still pretty disgusting in all honesty.

In fact, it's probably a safe bet that McCain is not going to be openly seeking your endorsement or testimonial any time soon.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

There are other things you can call your captives

Andrew, turn yourself over to a terrorist group and let them torture you, come back in a couple of years and tell me what kind of names you would use to describe your captors.

It is easy to say what you wouldn't do when in reality you have never been in those shoes.

So if the majority of Americans (based on polls)

I applaud you. Polls only reflect a limited numbers of Americans. Appreciate you putting in the words ....based on polls.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Why is it that someone always says 'ill send you over with the terrorists'

Do you realize how stupid that is?

I'll reiterate for you, jam.

Its not because he SAID it that upsets me.

Its because after heat and pressure and "cmon man, you're a SENATOR YOU SHOULDNT SAY THOSE THINGS"

he refuses to take it back.

That is what upsets me.

"gook" ?

Refers to more than just Vietnam soldiers these days...
In the same way "gay" refers to more than a mood
"Mouse" refers to more than a rodent
"Net" refers to more than what a spider creates

I don't care.

Why couldn't he hate those "f-ing charlie" or "f-ing a-holes" or "f-ing bastards" instead of "f-ing gooks" ?

Racist terminology. Those who refuse to stop using it only show their true colors.

Just because someone from the military uses it, doesn't make it okay.
our men and women in uniform are brave, valiant, and the greatest warriors this planet has ever seen.

That DOESN'T make them perfect, and that certainly doesn't put them above the realm of moral obligation and social etiquette.

"If a marine jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?"

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Wow. Thank you. Everyone who plans on casting a vote in this election should review this info carefully.

www.issues2000.org...

One thing leaps out unsuprisingly:
McCain has actually done alot of practical progressive things as well as some conservative things.

Obama supports and talks about alot of liberal things.

Personally, I know that the Pres. has little effect on the "real" agenda. It will proceed regardless of who the prom king is this year.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by djerwulfe]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join