It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Racist, Bigot & Homophobe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

idiot and racist

they're synonyms

one just carries a heavier and darker stigma.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO
i have given this much thought, whilst some may condemn me for what i am about to say, i hope that some of you may understand and learn from this.
have you ever wondered to yourself why is it so bad to be a racist? most people are by the medias standards, as a white person you are more inclined to move to a neighbourhood that is white, and as a coloured person you are more inclined to move to a neighbourhood that is coloured, castes stick together!!, black comedians slur the white man and vice versa, whilst as a white man i must respect a coloured mans history and ethnicity i must not single him out because of his colour or creed, i have no hatred of ethnic people, i treat each person as an individual. why is it so wrong to disagree with homosexuality?, we do not have hetrosexual march's, once again i treat everyone as an individual, it is however all of these groups who wish to be treated as a whole, but we are not allowed to do this or we are accused of generalising, it confuses a lot of people, and unfortunately this results in despair and eventually hate, but it is their own free choice what they think and should not be critisised for what they choose to think, would you rather vote for a man who thinks gook or 'n-word' (a hateful and disrespectful word) or honky but does not let you know this or would you rather they were honest. i am a bastard (in the true essence of the word), when i hear people complaining about how their religon or race or whatever has been slandered i often hear people use this word, with no thought as to its meaning or how it may offend people born out of wedlock that their position may be used as an insult, you should all think about these things and truly ask yourself, is it so bad to be a bigot, its whether you act on it is what makes you a bad person

I appreciate you have given this thought. People have cultural differences. Men and women are different physically, psychologically etc. Homosexuals are different...and straight people are different to homosexuals.

It's not about claiming everyone (ethnic group, sex etc) is the same..there not. Racism, Homophobia, sexism, etc is when one group decides that another entire group's value is less because of those differences.

I "disagree" with the homosexual lifestyle in the sense that I don't choose it for myself, but if I am to start encouraging limiting millions/billions of peoples rights to the same rights I enjoy just because they are different...where does it stop?

If I am to consider everyone who is not like me in color, sexual leanings or gender lesser people, than I have done myself and the world a disservice.

I get the racist mindset. I am sure it brings some comfort to people who are struggling financially or have low self worth to be able to blame an entire race of people. It has to increase their sense of self worth that no matter how much their life might feel like trash at times they can always say ....well at least I am better than those people. But in the end it is intellectually and morally dishonest and hate really is a cancer of the soul.

If we know anything we know the creator/god/the force....whatever has a great love of diversity. In people, ideas, plants, animals...LIFE.

It is the only critical factor that perpetuates life on this planet. In the absense of a diversity of life the ice age would have wiped all life on this planet out forever. Diversity survives...homogeneous envirornments are wiped out in a single variance of climate. Diversity is strength. Think metal alloy. Think America the melting pot. Innovation. Diversity of culture, ethnicity, race, IDEAS is what makes us great. It is what makes America great. Many different people treated with EQUALITY in one nation. It is what the world used to admire us for. The more intolerance there is ...the weaker we are.

This I believe with every fiber of my being.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
[edit on 7-8-2008 by tomfrusso]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

Really Tomfrusso? That's your contribution, Rush Limbaugh's list of sillyness that has been posted ad naseum?

You want to debate his ears? his mother?

You do McCain supporters and the GOP a disservice and feed the stereotype the left has of the right.

If you have nothing original to contribute why bother?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I freely admit, to the OP and all that wrote comments on the pages that preceeded, I am writing this right now to say 'WooHoo'!!! to the Op for finally pointing out the hyprocritical nature of McCain, the 'third'.

A star and flag, guess I'm the first to do it, OP.

McCain, who was born in Panama....OK, the Canal Zone, a US Territory....and Obama was born in Hawai'i.....which, last time I checked, is a STATE!!!

McCain, who lies repeatedly....or Obama, who learns from mistakes, and shows his foibles....and admits he made a mistake. vs McCain, who just flip-flops.....over and over and over, again. What a pity. Old man, McCain, can't get his story straight, unless another old man, Joe LIEberman, whispers in his ear....ON CAMERA, no less!!

Very pathetic.....

my EDIT here is....I really didn't wish for Obama to rise to the top of the crop. If you really want to know, I would have rather seen Wesley Clark, or even John Edwards....but, when compared to the idiot that is McCain, well....lesser of two evils.

[edit on 8/7/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

i completely agree with you, but, is not a racist or a homophobe part of that diversity aswell, i must add at this point that i am neither, just a champion of personal choice

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO

i completely agree with you, but, is not a racist or a homophobe part of that diversity aswell, i must add at this point that i am neither, just a champion of personal choice

I have considered that often and at this stage of my spiritual growth I am making due with allowing myself that one intolerance, for better or worse.
I can not tolerate racial, gender, enthnic intolerance. I am intolerant of intolerance

Perhaps racists etc. (intolerant people) exist in the diversity of ideas to help us examine the worth of diversity. There can not be light without shadow yada yada I am still evolving with that paradox.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

your journey will be long, but fruitfull, true tolerance has a place for everybody, even the worst kind of people, they will pay for their actions but it is never our place to judge, if you are religous then it will be gods job or as i see it karma will deliver their sentence. what goes around always comes around in this life or the next

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

A corrolation. You hear some black people call each other 'n-word', you use it and you're in deep. I see it the same way with gay folks. If some want to use those terms, fine.

So if a black guy calls another black guy the N-word, or, say, a white guy calls a another white guy a Cracker, does that make either of them racist?
We're all supposed to be the same inside, because color doesn't matter right?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

I have considered that often and at this stage of my spiritual growth I am making due with allowing myself that one intolerance, for better or worse.
I can not tolerate racial, gender, enthnic intolerance. I am intolerant of intolerance

See, here's the problem. The Filipino family that lives in the unit below me has totally devalued my property by living in complete squalor. They dig through the trash daily, leave trash and debris all over the front walkway, and constantly make noise. I honestly could care less what race they are. If they were black, white, or purple I would be just as angry. But no, I can't complain to the HOA because then I'm labeled a racist. Thats something I won't tolerate.

I believe its the difference in cultural norms that have each other at odds, not skin color.

"Culture" is NOT your friend" ---Terence McKenna

[edit on 7-8-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

I believe its the difference in cultural norms that have each other at odds, not skin color.
"Culture" is NOT your friend" ---Terence McKenna
[edit on 7-8-2008 by NightVision]

You are exactly right on target here but you would be labeled a racist for that point of view. It is cultural norms that drive us a part. My point here is "us" being black and white. I prefer to live in a white neighborhood because black neighborhoods tend to be more dangerous. Is that racist? No, its a cultural norm and a fact.

I live just outside of Detroit and they keep electing the same people to office. Our Mayor is sitting in jail right now on one charge and he is going to be charged with assaulting a sheriff tomorrow on another charge.

On his mother and her run for re-election see link below. If you scroll down to how the votes were broken down you will see what the city of Detroit did Tuesday and what the surrounding cities did.

The people of the city of Detroit decided to send her back to Washington while the rest of the communities outside the city of Detroit by a large margin wanted her gone. Cultural differences...

I would be my next pay check that the mayor if not convicted of a felony will be re-elected. Anyone else would have stepped down by now...

www.freep.com...

I don't understand the people of Detroit. Either they do this to spite the suburbs or they don't mind the corruption and therefore its a cultural difference.

Anyway, To understand why his mom should go too watch the below video. She is nuts... Just out of her mind if she thinks this is the way to conduct business in the city. Or its just a cultural difference....

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I don't care if Insane McCain is a racists, steps on babies heads, or kicks gay people. He is the only candidate who will not enact anti-gun laws.

Nothing else matters.

Osama will support the anti-gun crowd/NWO/communists.

A vote for Osama is a vote for muslim/NWO and the destruction of the USA.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I know phillipino families that are fanatical about keeping their homes immaculate. It sucks the family below you are slobs, BUT race has nothing to do with it. Complain to the housing authority. If they think you are racist then that is there problem. NOT a racial issue if you are not racist.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

I have kept current with Detroits Mayor, the cities issues etc. As best I can tell you have a corrupt Mayor and some real economic issues in detroit. Because he is Black has little to do with it. I would be up for days straight listing more corrupt white politicians.

The Mayor of detroit had an affair with an associate, lied about it under oath, abused his power etc etc. Elliot Spitzer was a paying customer of a prostitute ring while having built a career on busting up organized crime. Race has nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
I don't care if Insane McCain is a racists, steps on babies heads, or kicks gay people. He is the only candidate who will not enact anti-gun laws.

Nothing else matters.

Osama will support the anti-gun crowd/NWO/communists.

A vote for Osama is a vote for muslim/NWO and the destruction of the USA.

-Euclid

AND...here come the crazies
Given how completely out of your gord you seem to be I feel pretty comfortable voting for anyone that you oppose. At least I will sleep easier knowing I did my part to ensure the POTUS won't be stepping on my baby's head

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I have kept current with Detroits Mayor, the cities issues etc. As best I can tell you have a corrupt Mayor and some real economic issues in detroit. Because he is Black has little to do with it. I would be up for days straight listing more corrupt white politicians.

The Mayor of detroit had an affair with an associate, lied about it under oath, abused his power etc etc. Elliot Spitzer was a paying customer of a prostitute ring while having built a career on busting up organized crime. Race has nothing to do with it.

Where is Spitzer? Where is the Mayor? Spitzer resigned in disgrace. Our Mayor is in Jail and still the mayor. I rest my case on the cultural differences here... Your theory on white politicians doesn't hold water in this case...

Oh, and you left out a few tib bits... Our mayor violated a no travel order and is about to be indited for assaulting a cop... That along with lying under oath and how disgusted the white suburbs are with this city are glaring examples of "cultural differences." Race has everything to do with it but we will call it cultural differences...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I am from Illinois. Our last Govenor, Jim Ryan, is in a Federal Prison for taking bribes, selling truckers licenses for bribes and a whole lot of other scary things. When one of those truckers who "bought" his licence without being tested hit a van in Wisconsin killing 6 children George Ryan blocked the investigation, denied the family any recourse, fired anyone asking questions, lied to federal investigators, had his people make threats to those looking for answers and went on taking cash and bribes for years afterwards until the feds finally got him. His cronies used to deliver the money to him suitcases.

What kind of culture is that when you would sell someone a truckers lisence for a bribe and not test them? Think about that next time a semi-truck passes you on the expressway. What kind of culture is it when 6 kids die because of your greed and you cover it up and pay people to keep quite? AND keep taking the bribes. OUR GOVENOR!

Your mayor "violated a travel order" and "assualted a cop" c'mon really?
Yes he's probably a crook, but there are plenty dirty politicians of every race and color that have done worse.

Corruption is color blind. Criminality is color blind. Culture? Really? Explain George Ryan to me?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Nothing else matters.

-Euclid

Wow... really?

Nothing else matters?

It's because there are people like you out there that I am sooo glad Obama will be President.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

This has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I've come across.

It is truly a sad day when this kind of ignorance is waved around on a large, stained banner.

Your utter lack of humanity absolutely unconscionable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join