It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

water heating tubes ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
hi there,

i am rather hoping someone can indentify a piece of equipment i have found, i think it is a solar water heating tube , but i may be way off.....so i am hoping one of our intelligent members can identify it

here are some pics:

img93.imageshack.us...

img511.imageshack.us...

img511.imageshack.us...

img511.imageshack.us...

img511.imageshack.us...

many thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
larger pic's please.
from what i can see and i'm probably wrong but it looks like a fuel pump to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
the pics on the page are small.
but if you click the link beneath it will take you to the larger pics.

they are roughly 6 feet long, with 3 small pipes at one end,
they seem to be tapered , and the end seems to have a brass/copper end with tiny holes in it.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Have you tried forcing water into each tube individually in an attempt to discern the internal connections of each pipe? Where the water comes out may surprise you. It will also give us a much better basis with which to judge what their purpose is.

It looks to me like a piece of a fountain or water sculpture. The brass end would be up in the air and the tubes would be in some concrete or stone base. The reason there are 3 different tubes could be so that different streams can be turned on and off separately with solenoids.

My question is: What are those smaller diameter things? Are they small tubes or electrical connections? The ends almost look like mini-din (small headphone) connectors which could be used to transmit low-voltage electricity to something inside the device like valves, lights, or thermocouples.

Jon

EDIT:
It just occurred to me that they may be the tips for some sort of burner or firebox. The thinking is that the tubes carried gas to the brass end where it was burned and the smaller connections could be for a thermocouple (temperature sensor) and an ignition source.

[edit on 8.6.2008 by Voxel]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
hi Voxel,

i havent put water down it yet as i didnt want to damage it.

and yes your theory of gas may be correct as there are small holes at the small tapered end,

thanks
snoopyuk

Originally posted by Voxel
reply to post by snoopyuk

Have you tried forcing water into each tube individually in an attempt to discern the internal connections of each pipe? Where the water comes out may surprise you. It will also give us a much better basis with which to judge what their purpose is.

It looks to me like a piece of a fountain or water sculpture. The brass end would be up in the air and the tubes would be in some concrete or stone base. The reason there are 3 different tubes could be so that different streams can be turned on and off separately with solenoids.

My question is: What are those smaller diameter things? Are they small tubes or electrical connections? The ends almost look like mini-din (small headphone) connectors which could be used to transmit low-voltage electricity to something inside the device like valves, lights, or thermocouples.

Jon

EDIT:
It just occurred to me that they may be the tips for some sort of burner or firebox. The thinking is that the tubes carried gas to the brass end where it was burned and the smaller connections could be for a thermocouple (temperature sensor) and an ignition source.

[edit on 8.6.2008 by Voxel]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nuclear fuel rod. Call a doctor.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hi snoopyuk,

Got anywhere with this yet?
I am intrigued to say the least.

Where are the experts when you need them?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They look a bit like thermal exchange pipes used in industrial sized refrigerators, although the pipe arrangement is a bit odd.

If there's a free flow between the pipes, you could bury them in the ground and use them in a make-shift vertical ground heat exchanger

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onxlet

now that sir ...is the best suggestion i have heard yet !!!!!!

i originally picked them up as i thought they may be part of a solar water heating rig.
unfortunatly i dont even know where they came from.

thanks
snoopyuk

top topics

join