It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is my ATS broken?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
sorry if this isn't the place guys but ATS has been grinding my gears for a while. is this the help forum?
whenever i look at a page it reloads 5 or 6 times, so when i go to click back i need to keep clicking and clicking, it's getting annoying
is ATS auto reloading my page to display new adds and make more money (a conspiracy about a conspiracy site
)

and whats up with all the yellow text advertising carp?
it's not even relivent to the topic, just random words
ATS is the only place I'm seeing any of the mentioned.

edit

so I just saw
"This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints."
where do I post complaints, maybe a hyperlink in the above would help?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by thestink]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
i have noticed that too. annoying as hell.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
ATS Gripe/Idea - You'll also find it in your MemCenter.

As for the yellow underlining... ATS doesn't use that kind of advertising. It's something in your computer. Have you tried Spybot S&D or Malware Bytes' Anti Malware recently?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thestink

same problem and i'm also using foxfire.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
As for the yellow underlining... ATS doesn't use that kind of advertising.

Are you sure about that? I've noticed a Kontera ContentLink block added to the page footer template, on BTS, and only when not logged in, right after the Quantcast tag.

That's what causes the 'double-underlining' of certain words. Is that not intentional? If not, perhaps the web-page is being modified by an ISP in-flight?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

It may be the case when you're NOT logged in, but definitely NOT when you're logged in. (Perhaps one of these days I should log out and find out for myself?
)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
yes It was something to do with being logged in, I don't post that often, just browse.
after logging in to post this topic I am getting non of the problem mentioned above, not even that yellow text advertising.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

You're right. It's a _javascript option on browsers. At least it is an option on my safari/mac. It picks words for things like MSN live search etc..
I'm talking about the underlining btw.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Actually the big problem is the same page reloading over and over and over as exampled in the first post. I've only recently started experiencing this issue on this website alone.

new topics

top topics

join