It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

odd plane like blotch on google maps dugway base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
using google maps go to coordinates

39.902667, -112.812177

almost looks like the outline of some sort of stealth plane...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
here is an exact link there

full link

[edit on 5-8-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
that would be one hell of a big plane, very interesting though have you seen any other objects of similar texture? has it been deliberatley blurred etc?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Looks like run-off or a stain.

And it's enormous........not many airplanes come anywhere close to being that size. Such a thing would be a tad hard to hide.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's a farm field with center-pivot irrigation. That looks like water runoff from the irrigation system.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yep...looks like a farm with central axis irrigation to me....you see these all over the country...from a higher altitude the active ones are just green circles and that one in particular doesnt look like its running

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
it looks like the sun was hitting on a plane and made a reflection on the ground to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I have to agree with Shadow.

This seems to just be a leak in the irrigation system. It looks as if the water followed the contour of the land, and made an unusual pattern.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not sure what it is. But I am fairly sure it isn't run-off. Or the shadow of a plane. I only say this because water doesn't usually "stain" the ground so effectively. Of course it will stain, but not like this. As far as the shadow, although there is the rare possibility that global satellite imaging could catch this, the likelihood of not elongating the object from the perspective of the satellite due to it's inherent motion would be nearly impossible if possible at all. Regardless, I think this is a very interesting find. I'd like to hear more ideas about what it might be. It does look like a CGI Blur. Could be a plane. Forgive me for playing Devil's advocate earlier and trying to rationalize some of the theories. You may be right. I just don't know. It is cool though.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have found something interesting about the links on this site that go straight to google earth. Everytime I link to one it comes up with the grey area saying cant zoom that far, and this happens on every zoom setting. However, I reopen my program and it works just fine. However, the coordinate area I had try to be to, will not come up at all only shows grey. So my question bout this is, are the government watching us and blocking out information that we put up on here???

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by speed_demon

Rofl

Well I got no problems at all....it must be your computer

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think it's water. Water in an area like that should appear darker because it isn't a lake... dirt gets darker when it's wet. If that has been there long enough, I'm sure that whole section of grass/wheat/corn is probably dead, which would also appear to be darker. Honestly, I don't think it's anything to be worried about... now if it were on some runway , then I would be worried, just by the sheer size of it!.

The shadow from a plane would be far too diffused to be even recognizable as a shadow, btw. Also, the shadow of a plane, because of the sun's distance, would be about the same size as the plane itself. If you are familiar with photography, this is illustrated when you do far distance zoomed macro shots.

As far as it being anything else, nothing comes to mind.

EDIT: Yeah, I was looking at it again, and my conclusion is that, yes... it's water from the irrigation system. If the water is on, but there isn't sufficient pressure, the wheels won't turn, and it just stays stationary and dribbles water all over. Some of these units have electrically driven motors. If power gets cut to those, same thing happens.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Earthscum]

new topics

top topics

join