It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The latest UK sighting-video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am making no comments on this so as not to be accused of being a troll

www.scarborougheveningnews.co.uk...

your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yorkshire is supposedly the UFO hotspot for the UK, Can not watch the video as using PS3 browser but I have read the link to newspaper, plenty of people witnessing a white spherical object that was glowing red when in fog.
Yorkshire is the place to be for UFO spotting but we really need that wow factor evidence to really get the masses believing, At the moment most the media write stories, tounge in cheek kind of humour, like the " and finally " slot on news with UFO reports .

To the OP, Do you live in Yorkshire?
Do you know what happened to the debris they found? bet M.O.D get hands on it, never to be seen again.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkey76
Yorkshire is supposedly the UFO hotspot for the UK, Can not watch the video as using PS3 browser but I have read the link to newspaper, plenty of people witnessing a white spherical object that was glowing red when in fog.
Yorkshire is the place to be for UFO spotting but we really need that wow factor evidence to really get the masses believing, At the moment most the media write stories, tounge in cheek kind of humour, like the " and finally " slot on news with UFO reports .

Do you know what happened to the debris they found? bet M.O.D get hands on it, never to be seen again.

I live in Australia-but have spent a fair bit of time near Scarborough.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippydippy2

Originally posted by Sparkey76

I live in Australia-but have spent a fair bit of time near Scarborough.

.............I am getting some news about something else there-stay tuned

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The footage is so short it's hard to make any guesses on what it could be, but an interesting find, thanks for sharing it. I am always skeptical when it's a night sighting, just a round light, low and moving slow over a residential area, lots of easy ways for someone to "hoax" and fool the witnesses. But at least it didn't look like a conventional aircraft to me.

PLease though, help out a Yank from Ohio, what is a "sea fret?" That's what witnesses say it disappeared "into"?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
HA HA HAAA, the aliens are heading to Scarborough, they want to go there why?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It was the ISS, imho.

The article says that the sighting took place "last tuesday", so that would be 29th of July, around 10.15 pm, and it was "travelling slowly in an easterly direction".

As you can see on heavens above, there was an ISS pass over Scarborough on the 29th of July, starting at 22.05 and ending at 22.11, from W to SE.

"Witnesses saw a white glowing sphere above houses, travelling slowly in an easterly direction before disappearing into a sea fret.", says the article, and i guess that would describe an ISS passing quite accurately...

Also a witness says that he"looked at the object through binoculars and saw three black rods coming from it at angles". Now i'm no expert but i guess that's how the ISS would look like if you watched it through binoculars?

Maybe somebody who's into astronomy could give us his/her oppinion, please?

Edited to add the thing in the video looks exactly like an ISS pass, i've seen quite a few, that's why i tought of the ISS in the first place...

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Wallachian]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The witnesses say it was above houses rooftops and changed colour in the fog before slowly travelling to the sea front, spelling mistake on report, says sea fret, " for the American that asked whats "sea fret".

So with the fog I dont think we would see the iss through fog, also I have seen the iss and it travels quite quickly through the available visible sky very quckly
So No its not the iss.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The sea fret is some kind of mist that appears over the sea, it's not a spelling mistake. If that fog they talk about is thin enough, sure you can see the space station through it. I've seen stars through fog before, and the ISS is brighter than your average star.

Now, about the "glowing red part", you've seen how the moon is reddish when it's low on the sky. The atmosphere or pollution or whatever makes cosmic objects appear orange/red when they're close to the horizon. Also the space station appears orange when it has a low elevation. I guess certain atmospherical conditions could enhance that effect?

Plus, i'll say it again, the ISS was passing over Scarborough at the same time, on approximately the same direction (SE, witnesses say east, but then again i doubt any of them was carrying a compass with them).

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A glowing sphere, half the size of an average house, moving slowly East sounds nothing like the ISS to me. The only common element is the direction of travel. Nobody could possibly mistake the ISS for a house-sized sphere. Pity the video links don't work, for me at least.

The red colouration is due to the fog droplets. The higher wavelength light (red) is absorbed less than the other frequencies, giving rise to the reported appearance.

WG3

[edit on 6-8-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The text may say "half the size of a house", but the video says "kinda like a big star". If you would have seen the video, you'd understand. I guess the witnesses estimated the size of the object assuming that it was at a relative low altitude.

Whatever, i was just giving my non-expert oppinion. To me it looked exactly like the space station, so i checked, and surprise surprise, the iss passed there on the same direction at the same time. Normally if it looks like a skunks and it smells like a skunks, it is a skunks...

Too bad we don't get more oppinions on this. Now i don't think this is actually an alien craft, but at least it's a legit sighting, with a video, witnesses, and covered in the press. If it was a thread about a HUGE ufo hovering RIGHT NOW above a crowded city, with no video or photo proof whatsoever, it would have been already 7 pages long.

Edited for missing words

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Wallachian]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The video clip shown in your link was shot on the 3rd August.
This Youtube clip was shot in the same area, two weeks previously,in the same area....

uk.youtube.com...

..the cameraman stating he witnessed the same on the 2nd August and filmed it on that occasion too. He had been tipped off by someone who has been watching them for a while.
More info on the Youtube link.

It will be interesting to see if any further footage will give us more detail.

top topics

join