It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groups predict prostitution spike at RNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Groups predict prostitution spike at RNC

www.denverpost.com

ST. PAUL, Minn.—Advocacy groups that fight prostitution in the Twin Cities are gearing up for what they believe will be a surge in activity during the Republican National Convention—even though police say they aren't expecting it to be a problem.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Now, to be fair, it is true that:

"In 2004 there were all sorts of media reports that sex workers were coming from all over the country to New York City because there were going to be so many potential customers during the Republican National Convention," said Juhu Thukral, director of the Sex Workers Project at New York's Urban Justice Center. "The reality was that a lot of (prostitutes) we heard from said they were leaving because there was going to be such a strong police presence, and so many people coming to town."

So perhaps this is simple propaganda aimed at the RNC.

But frankly, I still had to laugh my butt off when I read of this

www.denverpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We used to see the same thing when the Promise Keepers were in town when I lived in Fresno. in fact there was a migration of said "hosteses" to the area when they were in town.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Promise Keepers the men's Christian retreat?

If so that's interesting. Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'd think Denver would be looking at a much larger problem with hookers for the DNC. Not just because of it being Dems, but mainly because it seems like the real circus is going to revolve around that convention much moreso than the GOP's convention. Having visited Minneapolis before, I can understand why they'd expect hookers from other areas to be coming into the city for the convention, however. I can't imagine their local girls would get much business when their come on line is "$50 bucks gets ya a doosie of a good time, don't 'cha know?" in a thick Minnesotan accent.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Classic
- I can hear the voice - accent and all - in my head!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I actually believe this. Our (america's) politicians are very dirty. I read a book on human trafficking and the girls that they rescued said that they serviced mostly white bussiness men. I would rather see the politician pay for it. I think its fine as long as both parties agree to it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

You know, I was joking, but you make a good point about the unsavory connections between these people and stories of sordid human exploitation.

It's like a background noise in their world, they all seem to be unusually closer than '6-degrees' to criminals and even crimes against humanity (transnational kidnapping of even children for sexual abuse and 'disposal').

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I'd think Denver would be looking at a much larger problem with hookers for the DNC. Not just because of it being Dems, but mainly because it seems like the real circus is going to revolve around that convention much moreso than the GOP's convention. Having visited Minneapolis before, I can understand why they'd expect hookers from other areas to be coming into the city for the convention, however. I can't imagine their local girls would get much business when their come on line is "$50 bucks gets ya a doosie of a good time, don't 'cha know?" in a thick Minnesotan accent.

Um, why would the Dems need to pay for it? Democrats don't need to pay for it or use little kids like the GOP does. They get plenty of women, and men, and both at the same time. Just ask the JFK or BC or what's his name that was gay. Of course they don't think sex is a dirty horrible taboo thing and are more open about it. So they don't need to hide in a dark alley waiting for a prostitute they can go to Mardi Gras and pick up two women and one guy to take back to Air Fornicate One.

new topics

top topics

join