It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How subliminal advertising tries to make you FAT!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yes, quite a shocker really. If you have woken up recently you may have started to see the world in quite a different way than you did before. With increased awareness it is easy to spot the way large, and even some small, corporations use the media to manipulate your subconcious. This particular clip which I have included considers the potential marketting processes behind fast food outlets.

Without specifically naming companies in this opening post, I personally think there has been a rise in obesity since certain companies started springing up everywhere in the UK. In the USA, where these outlets are the most prevelant, the statistics speak for themselves.

Here is the clip that I found..Ignore the link, they appear to be selling something. However the subject matter in the clip is poignant.

Here is a link to a statistics website (USA)
www.obesity.org...

As regards more information on subliminal advertising, I can personally recommend this book...

The Age of Manipulation by Wilson Bryan Key (amazon link)
www.amazon.com...

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am aware that in the USA there are companies that we don't have here in the UK. I would be interested to hear if they use the same techniques to market to children. Thus bringing the parents in. I think I have seen most giving away child's toys etc.

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm very interested in subliminal advertising, but unfortunately my internet connection is very poor at the moment and I cannot watch the video.

Could you describe the video for me please.

I will check back on this thread later.

Many thanks in advance.

Mr-L

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
mr-lizard, no problem. Briefly it is suggesting that, in this instance, we see a picture of a clown. Something quite innocuous, non threatening, and that subconsciously lures us into a false sense of security. Then they associate something completely non related, like a hamburger. Mentally we feel a child like safety, whilst not consciously registering that by consuming fast food we are damaging our health and happiness. I hope I did a good job of summing up the clip for you. If you are interested in subliminals, I can recommend the book listed. In the preface of the book, if memory serves me, it states that it is required reading in some marketting courses.

Actually if you really want an eye-opener look at the video for Michael Jackson's "Beat It". And the dance moves he makes near his crotch with his hand. That is also mentioned in the book, not wishing to derail my own thread, just thought you may find it interesting.

Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think you underestimate the power of the mind – we are not Pavlov's dogs! Whilst the premise seems feasible, there is no hard core evidence to support that it works.

I think this is just a convenient excuse for lazy parents and lazy adults that are always looking to place blame elsewhere rather than accept responsibility for their own situation.

A morbidly obese child is child abuse in my book – it has nothing to do with advertising, it has to do with how the parents of said child are raising them. It is no coincidence that when you see a fat kid, nine times out of ten one or both of the parents are overweight.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply...

I believe its the same thing with the Ronald Mcdonald of Mcdonald fame (make an innocent looking, brightly coloured role model that children will remember) and also supply free toys with the food.

On top of that, add a certain addictive flavouring and then your kids are hooked.

I'll try and find some links to add to this thread later.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This video employs the same techniques that it purports to expose about the fast food industry (well we know they mean "McDonald's" anyway).

Look at the nice family eating fruit salad. How pure and sweet and innocent! Note the lack of a father figure in the image. Look at the vivacious, active person bursting with energy energy at sunset on the beach and the association with "dream body" and "how you want to feel".

It suggests that the next logical step is to hate the corporations that want to kills us and demand laws to do something "for the children". The suggestion that you have been duped is what foments the anger of the viewer which tends to follow with demands for action upon the external environment.

Regardless of what the video suggests, you are responsible for basic your bahaviors on logic and not emotions and to what extent from which they originate.

On an unrelated note: clowns disturb me.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
They are working in America lard everywhere you look

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
THe problem in American society is that its NEVER your fault. Its always someone or something else that made you do it.

Responsibility was thrown out the window a long time ago. This goes for both corperate and personal.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't know about any of you, but the sound of that guy's voice in the video kinda creeped me out. He had a hypnotic affect.

I also wish he more examples than Mc Donald's because this seems like a viral marketing campaign that another restaurant would do to them.

Also, I think the above poster had something there when he had the familiy sitting there, Mom eating a salad, cute little baby girl looking up to mom, cute little boy - and they were 1. without a father and 2. white. Does this mean that white single moms should only eat this way? Yes? Why? So she can find another white man to look after her and her 2 kids by the deadbeat guy at the beach in the other photo?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think you may have a point there, it looks like it may be some sort of counter offensive. Like the guy is trying to convince people to be healthy. It gives a good example of what is going on in the media however. Subliminals are rife all over the media, coercing people into buying things they don't need and so on. I think it is more damaging when it is aimed at children, though, such as in fast food marketting strategies. But of course, parents go there of their freewill, providing they are awake and actually using their freewill. Maybe this is why big businesses wish to keep people dumbed down in the first place, so they are less aware. Like was mentioned before, I think this clip could be subtely promoting healthy eating, and yes a happy healthy looking family pushes this point. Whereas a clown has nothing to do with hamburgers, it plays on the childlike notion of innocence and fun, I presume. Just putting some ideas out there. Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ok, I think I figured this out. Maybe I'm nuts.

The key: the father is the clown.

And so it reads like this to me (this is a rather direct analysis and I don't wish to offend so please keep a positive attitude):

(Show clown with burger)
Look at daddy. Look at all the fresh meat he's picking up all the time.

(Show stogie clown)
Isn't he disgusting? What a pig!

(Show clown with fruit)
If he were only "fruity"... (picking up fruit)

(Show family without father)
...think how great things would be without the dirty pig. (fun, fun, fun...more energy and better mood...more "fruit")

(Show guy jumping in water at sunset)
Look at him skipping and jumping about. ("dream body", "how you want to feel", by the end of this [sunset] you should be "wet" and feel "penetrated")

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

That's an amazing deduction. I think though, it is just trying to show that fast food outlets target children, and the inner-child of adults. Still, they do say you are what you eat. So it follows that gulping down cow-fat leads to someone being a fat-cow. And on that note I'm going to go and buy a packet of large nuts. Ahem. Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i dunno if it makes you fat, but advertising will definitely make you eat more fast food.

just from witnessing my college roommates' TV habits; the more TV they watched the more fast food they ate.

There is a middle ground, of course. It depends on the parents, level of education, and body type. But outright denying the effects of advertising on food consumption is just ignorant.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm sure most people know about this already. But for the sake of this topic, here is a clip showing a flash frame subliminal for McDonalds on a tv show...

Subliminal advertising works very well, all the nay-sayers should look into it in more depth. It is actually supposedly banned in this form. Yet subliminal images still appear in packaging and artwork etc for consumer goods. The thesis is that you register them subconsciously, so in actual fact you would not know you had been "programmed" and would be convinced you were making your own choices. Some worrying stuff, and more easily spotted by "red pills". Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

Funny, I still didn't want to have a Big Mac and wondered why I suddenly felt nauseated.

I've seen single-frame blips while watching TV many times over the years. Some aren't even ads but are strange codes and images. Some I've gotten on tape where I could inspect them closely (the weird stuff came from that) but I never really thought to save any of it.

One or two might be lying around somewhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

I've seen single-frame blips while watching TV many times over the years. Some aren't even ads but are strange codes and images. Some I've gotten on tape where I could inspect them closely (the weird stuff came from that) but I never really thought to save any of it.

Understood, there are subliminals all over the place like the ones you mentioned. There are a load on youtube I've seen.

A general youtube search page on subliminals...
uk.youtube.com...

Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Those videos show some things that are definitely deliberate (Disney, Pepsi's S-E-X with the cans). Others appear to be reaching beyond reason and look force-found (Camel, Independence Day). What I had seen was far stranger than anything I viewed on YouTube through the links and were single-framers like the McDonald's one.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I worry that this breakthrough into high definition TV will result in more hidden subliminal's. Anyone who thinks subliminal advertising isn't real, so above post of you tube search, watch and learn

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Those videos show some things that are definitely deliberate (Disney, Pepsi's S-E-X with the cans). Others appear to be reaching beyond reason and look force-found (Camel, Independence Day). What I had seen was far stranger than anything I viewed on YouTube through the links and were single-framers like the McDonald's one.

Those flash frame subliminals started with the cola advert in a movie theatre. When they realised that sales went up fast, it was decided it was dangerous and banned, supposedly.

The disney ones are a real shocker aren't they. Apparently after the success of Snow White animated film? Disney was approached as to how this technology and films could be used to program children. If you have a look into that it gets pretty dark. The 666 in the Disney logo too, hidden symbolism? Things to think about. All of that is from memory so forgive me if I made an error.

Originally posted by Techsnow
I worry that this breakthrough into high definition TV will result in more hidden subliminal's. Anyone who thinks subliminal advertising isn't real, so above post of you tube search, watch and learn

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something sinister to that invention. Thanks for your post Techsnow, some people just aren't ready to wake up, as frustrating as that is, their programming is so hard wired they will be saying they are using freewill as they are marched into fema camps. Or as morpheus puts it.

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so injured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

source: www.imdb.com...

David Icke on subliminal messaging..

Best Wishes.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by TrueLight]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join