It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How subliminal advertising tries to make you FAT!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This may interest you EnlightenUp and anyone else. Here is a very nice clip showing an Australian music awards show being criticised for inserting 1/25th of a second Flash-frame adverts, for several companies including KFC. With a full break-down of the alledged "offences" caused.

Subliminals in Music Awards show (KFC)

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
A morbidly obese child is child abuse in my book – it has nothing to do with advertising, it has to do with how the parents of said child are raising them. It is no coincidence that when you see a fat kid, nine times out of ten one or both of the parents are overweight.

I'm not sure that I agree. In fact, it sounds as though you may be under-informed.

If you would like to learn a bit about obesity in the U.S., I have some keyphrases for you to Google.

high fructose corn syrup secretary of agriculture

aspartame donald rumsfeld

flouridated water obesity

sucralose thyroid gland

saccharin thyroid

thyroid gland function

Pay special attention to High Fructose Corn Syrup. AFAIK it is the quickest way in the world to # up your metabolism.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

Thanks for your post, I was just researching the items you mentioned. I came accross this about High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)...

source = www.sprol.com...

Because of the unusually long shelf life of HFCS, store-bought cakes, cookies, brownies, mixes, breads, sodas, juices, tomato sauce and all of the rest could be sold with practically no expiration date. HFCS, despite misleading labels that read “all natural,” is an ENTIRELY man-made substance. It's almost indestructible. Like Styrofoam, eternal and immortal.

&

in laboratory tests High Fructose Corn Syrup causes male rats to never fully develop their testicles. And High Fructose Corn Syrup also causes the hearts of female rats to expand until they burst

2 words...

Holy crap.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Fluoride makes people over eat? This is abominable...

Source = safewatercampaign.blogspot.com...

Highly fluoridated places like the USA are known to have major obesity problems, but the tendency so far has been to blame junk food and over-eating. Whilst this may well play a part, why does the body demand lots of food, but then not use it?
It would be a plausible theory that the body knows that it is short in certain nutrients, so hunger is created, but the thyroid under-activity means that the body does not use this food before a separate mechanism puts the extra to fat.
This leaves the body still short of nutrients, so still hungry (or rapidly hungry again), but not using the food quickly enough when it is eaten so more and more goes to fat. The fact that the food may be junk food contributes to this negative cycle, but the fluoride poisoning may be an equally important effect.

Thanks for those pointers symbiote
I starred your post, I will look into these in more detail. Imagine if fast food restaurants were running their soda machines from the normal water supply?? A double hitter..

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
being fat is accepted as normal now... with 65+% of the population overweight.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Whatever the statistics are, as regards weight, is starting to pale into insignificance though given the raft of serious health risks associated with eating junk food. As the list provided by symbiote shows. I mean, it's not like being overweight isn't bad enough for health without wrecking bodily organs with all those chemicals, as partially explored above. Shrunken testicles and organ failiure? Good Lord. Thanks for your comment

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Still looking into and researching the leads you left , Symbiote

I've found some pretty damaging information against fast food companies and the dangers of high fructose corn syrup mentioned by yourself, and explored above.

The following link lists products in fast food restaurants that contain high fructose corn syrup (HFCS).

Source= www.foodfacts.info...

Arby's

Fat Free Italian Dressing
Honey Wheat Bread
Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
Raspberry Vinaigrette
Santa Fe Ranch Dressing
Spicy Brown Honey Mustard

Blimpie

Blue Cheese Dressing
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Cinnamon Roll
Fat Free Italian Dressing
Fudge Brownie
Honey French Dressing
Marbled Rye Roll
Mustard Potato Salad
Potato Salad
Sweet Peppers
Thousand Island Dressing

Burger King

Breakfast Syrup
Buffalo Sauce
Chocolate Shake Syrup
Coca Cola Classic
Corn Dusted Buns
Croissant (Croissan'wich)
Dr Pepper
Dutch Apple Pie
Hershey'S Sundae Pie
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Honey Mustard Spread
Icee - Coca Cola Classic
Icee - Minute Maid Cherry
Ketchup
Milk Shake
Milk, 1% Lowfat Chocolate
Mott's Strawberry Flavored Applesauce
Sesame Seed Buns
Specialty Buns
Sprite
Steak Sauce
Strawberry Shake Syrup
Tartar Sauce

Chick-fil-a

Barbecue Sauce
Blue Cheese Dressing
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Carrot & Raisin Salad
Carrot & Raisin Salad
Chicken Salad Cup
Chick-fil-A Southwest Chargrilled Salad
Chocolate syrup ingredients
Dr Pepper
Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing
Fudge Nut Brownie
Garlic and Butter Croutons
Honey Mustard Sauce
Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce
Honey Roasted Sunflower Kernels
Polynesian Sauce
Reduced Fat Raspberry Vinaigrette
Sunflower Multigrain Bagel
Thousand Island Dressing
Yeast rolls

Dairy Queen

Chocolate Cold Fudge

Jack in the Box

Asian Sesame Dressing
Barbecue Dipping Sauce
Barq's Root Beer
Bittersweet Chocolate Syrup
Blueberry French Toast Sticks
Bun
Chocolate Syrup
Coca-Cola
Croissant
Croutons, Gourmet Seasoned
Dr. Pepper
Fanta Orange Syrup
Fanta Strawberry
Grape Jelly
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Ketchup
Log Cabin Syrup
Low Fat Balsamic Dressing
Mayonnaise
Mayo-Onion Sauce
Minute Maid Lemonade
Oreo Cookie Crumbs
Original French Toast Sticks
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Secret Sauce
Sourdough Bread, Grilled
Sprite
Strawberry Syrup
Strawberry/Banana Syrup
Sweet 'N Sour Dipping Sauce
Tartar Sauce

KFC

Potato Salad
Apple Pie Slice
Cherry Cheesecake Parfait
Lemon Meringue Pie
Lil' Bucket Chocolate Crème
Lil' Bucket Fudge Brownie
Lil' Bucket Lemon Crème
Lil' Bucket Strawberry Short Cake
Strawberry Crème Pie Slice
Apple Pie Mini's
Mott's Apple Sauce

McDonald's

1% Low Fat Chocolate Milk Jug
Baked Apple Pie
Barbeque Sauce
Big Mac Bun
Big Mac Sauce
Biscuit
Butter Garlic Croutons
Chocolate Triple Thick Shake
Coca-Cola Classic
Deluxe Warm Cinnamon Roll
English Muffin
Hi-C Orange Lavaburst
Honey Wheat Roll
Hot Caramel Sundae
Hot Mustard Sauce
Hotcakes
Ketchup
Low Fat Caramel Dip (for Apple Dippers)
McDonaldland Cookies
McFlurry with Oreo Cookies
McRib
Newman's Own Cobb Dressing
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
POWERade Mountain Blast
Regular Bun
Sesame Seed Bun
Southwestern Chipotle Barbeque Sauce
Sprite
Strawberry Sundae
Strawberry Triple Thick Shake
Sweet 'N Sour Sauce

Subway

Chicken Strips, Teriyaki Glazed
Chipotle Soutwest Sauce
Chocolate Chunk Cookie
Deli Style Roll
Fat Free Honey Mustard
Peanut Butter
Sourdough Bread
Wheat Bread

Taco Bell

Caramel Apple Empanada
Citrus Salsa
Pizza Sauce
Salsa

Whataburger

Apple Turnover, Fried
Bread, Texas Toast Enriched
Buns, Wheat
Buns, White
Crackers, Keebler Original Club
Croutons, Njoy Seasoned
Dressing, Low Fat Ranch
Dressing, Low Fat Vinaigrette
Dressing, Thousand Island
Jam, Strawberry
Jelly, Grape
Milkshake, Malt Syrup
Milkshake, Chocolate
Milkshake, Strawberry
Pancake Syrup
Salad Dressing
Syrup, Cherry Coke Fountain
Syrup, Coca-Cola Classic Fountain
Syrup, Dr Pepper Fountain
Syrup, Fanta Strawberry Fountain
Syrup, Barq’s Root Beer Fountain
Syrup, Minute Maid Lemonade Fountain
Syrup, Minute Maid Orange Soda Fountain
Syrup, POWERaDE Fruit Punch Fountain
Syrup, Sprite Fountain
Tartar Sauce

Being fat is one thing, having your nuts damaged and organs wrecked by an apple pie is another

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What exactly makes HFCS dangerous? That sounds a bit paranoid given that it should be a syrup consisting of glucose and fructose neither of which should be any concern. I can make it out of sucrose (table sugar) which is a disacharide of glucose and fructose by using citric acid. Digesting table sugar splits that bond and leaves glucose and fructose to be absorbed. The stomach acids do the splitting.

Sucrose would yield 50/50 F/G whereas HCFS is often 90/10 F/G.

The only thing that comes to mind is the possibility of it causing more rapid spiking of insulin levels since the sugars don't have to be hyrolized.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
intersting as it may seem. The analogy that subliminal messages make a person behave in a certain way are pure bunk. Just like cowboys used to say when they were fighting off the barbarian hordes of indians, "You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink". Blaming advertising or the media for why a person goes and orders 5 cheeseburgers for lunch is frivolous and unfounded. People are fat because of unhealthy lifestyles that lead to a detrimental physical condition. A person still must act on said subliminal message which would meean a predisposition to that behavior to begin with. For the sake of the topic eating is something we all do but to say that people are running out in droves and sucking down big macs or pizzas is utterly fantastic. Eating is allready a need that is a desire driven by chemicals in the brain acting on them is not driven by advertising but by our own need for nourishment. People like Morgan Spurloc with his 30 day documentary of him behaving like a schmuck is offensive to me in every way. Morgan spurlock is a social degenerate who is hated by real scientists because he fabricated this thoguht that fast food is bad for you. Well Spurlock is a vegan so instead of leading a healthy lifestyle for 30 days he ate the worst things as much as he could and refused to do anything physically active. Hearing people like that bastardize the food industry to spread their anti meat propaganda sickens me and If I ever see him in a bar Im going to pay the biggest drunk in the bar to punch him in the face! Getting involved in his affairs is not my shtick but getting others to do it while I watch I ahve no problem with.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLight
Being fat is one thing, having your nuts damaged and organs wrecked by an apple pie is another

You said it, brother!

The scariest bit was reading about HFCS retarding the growth of testicles in rats.

I have two pet rats, and their nuts are HUGE. Sometimes they look like they are passengers on the U.S.S. Ballsack.

Anything that can undo that has got to be some hairy stuff.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
intersting as it may seem. The analogy that subliminal messages make a person behave in a certain way are pure bunk.

If it was bunk then media companies wouldn't use them, would they.

Really that statement is a terribly uninformed thing to say. I've left lots of resources and leads for you to check out. You can even take college and university courses in marketting on how to do it. Not to mention the existence of so many hypnotic techniques and scripts which the media companies use. And again, you can get qualifications in those processes too. So your statement is based on personal supposition. The facts are there, look into it. No one is going to tear down your beloved McDonalds/KFC/Burger King anytime soon, so don't panic, you can shrink your nuts to your heart's content.

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote

You said it, brother!

The scariest bit was reading about HFCS retarding the growth of testicles in rats.

I have two pet rats, and their nuts are HUGE. Sometimes they look like they are passengers on the U.S.S. Ballsack.

Anything that can undo that has got to be some hairy stuff.

Right on man, I'm not risking anything damaging my precious minerals. For the sake of visual demonstration here is a clip of a Shaolin monk proudly showing the benefits of a very healthy diet on the fortitude of his testicular region. I would challenge any regular fast food eater to take some shots to the pills like this. That is definitely circumstantial evidence that suggests diet has an effect on ones crown jewells.

Zen Buddhist gives a demonstration of his iron eggs

Best Wishes

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Zen Buddhist gives a demonstration of his iron eggs

Best Wishes

Look out for the Iron Chef! It's omlette day!

I really can barely watch that.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Haha yeah, it certainly brings a lump to your throat doesn't it.

Here is another KFC subliminal caught on film.

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

I recall that I noticed that one and just though it was something weird and cute but never gave it more thought.

Perhaps they want you to pay in singles since I've seen alot of stores request them with a sign such saying "WE NEED FIVES AND SINGLES" stuck to the counter. The probably get sick of running out of them to make change from 20's.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I was going to post here but all the sudden I have the munchies, brb...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

That cannot be healthy! But in Tantra men will start with light weights and work their way, up. Very good for the private regions.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

I recall that I noticed that one and just though it was something weird and cute but never gave it more thought.

Perhaps they want you to pay in singles since I've seen alot of stores request them with a sign such saying "WE NEED FIVES AND SINGLES" stuck to the counter. The probably get sick of running out of them to make change from 20's.

You could have a point there. I personally think it is to embed the subconscious association with the dollar bill and the KFC burger advertised. So that when you look at the dollar bill you immediately think of the burger, without realising it.

The same thing happens on TV mostly in adverts. Whilst watching TV a person is lured into a hypnotic state, you know what I mean, nothing but the picture on the screen exists, you forget your surroundings, some people "unable" to move even if they need the toilet etc. Then the adverts come on and you are so relaxed you think "meh I'll just wait it out", in that relaxed state the subconcious is most receptive to suggestions. The subconscious remembers everything it has ever seen, but the conscious mind tends to forget. Then, the next time the person goes to do their shopping at the store, the products that stand out are the ones they can associate with. The ones that somehow feel safe. It is the connectiveness of the images of the products seen in the gross (outside) with the subtle (interior/subconcious). You see the product and a bingo, that is the one you want, you don't know why, it just feels right. I am explaining why.

I use the term "you" but I am not meaning "you" specifically EnlightenUp
just the collective "you" of the collective "sheep". Your post lead me to explain the modus operandi of the media in a little more depth, so I am very greatful for that. It would be good if more people like yourself in the world would use an intelligent critical eye. For their own sake of course, not mine.

Hey have you ever seen the film "They Live!" ? very good film. We need a pair of those glasses to see some of the subliminals maybe hehe.

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

That cannot be healthy! But in Tantra men will start with light weights and work their way, up. Very good for the private regions.

Haha yeah, it is mentioned in the scriptures, stretching the member by lifting weights, or winding it around a stick. I'll leave that to the Naga Babas.

Best Wishes mate

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join