It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we need new rules on ATS about UFO reporting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The increase in UFO reports lately has been very interesting. This is until you open the thread to read the same old thing "I saw a UFO but didn't photo it" or even worse - photos to be put on here in 24 hours.

I wouldnt be suprised if it were a few people causing all of these threads

Maybe ATS should have a strict timescale for posting some evidence of the sighting or else we will be swamped with these threads claiming sightings but not offering much else?? Even drawings or sketches might put off the speculative thread starters?

anyone else think of a way to help the situation?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 281011

Totally agree.

See this thread.

Don't expect any changes soon though despite ATS being duped day in day out.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 281011

It's simple really:

Lock the thread as soon as possible. (mods might not see these threads immediately)

Start new thread by the AboveTopSecret.com username to discuss revelations while waiting for the evidence. (This is so no single user gains any ATS points for the discussion)

Thread remains locked untill promised evidence is supplied.

If no evidence is forthcoming, Original Thread remains locked. Discussion thread remains open.

If evidence is supplied, ATS thread is locked and Original Thread is opened.

Yeah... Simple.

CT

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
How about a forum JUST for unconfirmed sightings? Then, should more 'proof' either photo or otherwise be produced, it could be moved.

That way, people would know, if they aren't interested in colloquial accounts of sightings or encounters, etc, they can skip the forum entirely until a thread is moved into another forum.

Either that, or ask people to use topics with headings, such as:

UNVERIFIED INCIDENT: grey ran across my living room!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I personally don't carry a camera around with me, camera phones are useless and usually when a photo is posted; the usual responses are
lens flare, something on the lens, irridum flare, bird, bug, hoax, swampgas, cgi, photoshop etc.
So what's the point of providing anything as evidence?

I have provided my experiences of seeing ufo's on ATS. I can't convince
anyone of anything. If you choose not to believe me; fine.

I vote on not locking the threads. I think I can usually tell a yarn from an
honest report.

Leave ATS the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How about we just automatically assume that no one is telling the truth. Debunk everything on here, even if it does have a photo. Let's insult the OP and call them trolls. Let's have such a closed mind that even if the real deal DOES come along, it will not be believed.

I am getting so tired of the blatant rudeness on this site. I joined because I thought this was a cool place with accepting people. Now all I see is OP bashing, no matter what is posted.

I would say the majority of the people post here because they don't know what they saw. They didn't come here to get famous or get attention. If they wanted to do that, they could call some tabloid. But all of this negativity is just bound to drive people away, and scare them from posting ANYTHING.

It's a shame..

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I would think this would be the proper forum for stories without photo/video evidence.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Becker

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

There already is... its called The Grey Area.

CT

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by philosopherrose

A fair enough point, but seriously, would it hurt to have some discretion when posting? If you honestly think you saw a UFO, I can understand wanting to share it. But posts such as "I have a feeling about tonight..." and "I know it was just a flash in the sky, but..." we can do without.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We thank you for sharing your ideas with the intent of making ATS a better more user friendly place. The staff and owners do appreciate member feedback and have always considered your thoughts and wishes when making changes to the board. So thank you for caring so much about this community that you created this thread.

By keeping all member suggestions in one place it allows staff and owners the ability to quickly and thoroughly access all member recommendations when considering board changes. Otherwise many suggestions will be very difficult to locate considering the size of this board.

Understanding that we would appreciate it if you would add your thoughts/recommendations to the official thread dedicated to members suggestions for board change.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Thanks for your contributions and understanding. I will now close this thread for the reasons stated above.

Thanks,
ATS Staff

>>Closing

new topics

top topics

join