It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is your Fav' member of THE BEATLES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ok all, time to finally decided what members think their fav' member of The Beatles is! For arguments sake, lets talk about their span as part of The Beatles, and not worry too much about their solo careers.

This was a hard choice for me, but I have to say my fav' member has always been Paul. I know Lennon is more talented, but Paul was equally just as talented, especially after Rubber Soul I really noticed his Talent (and that or George Harrison also).

My Vote is, Paul.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
In my teens through twenty's I would have chosen Lennon but in my thirty's to forty my hands down pick is Sir Paul McCartney.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
In this order

John Lennon, George harrison, Paul Mcartney, Richard Starky aka Ringo Starr.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Actually I was a Beatles Freak in my youth. They all are quite talented.
John was an amazing human with unbelievable talent. Look at the song 'Fixing a Hole' Lennon himself added the words 'couldn't get much worse' after the chorus of 'it's getting better all the time' Truly a genius. He was in my opinion a truly tormented musical genius. Much respect.

Paul is another musical genius. Not just a musical magician, but understood the busines end of the game.

Ringo - well he was the drummer for a GREAT band. His charisma and very unique voice made him popular.

George. WOW. He was so laid back, and very much in the background. He was very much under appeciated in my opinion. He was no Hendrix, but he toyed around with leads on the guitar, which helped pave the way for modern music. He also wrote one of my favorite songs ever. 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'.

My vote is for George.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
John Lennon.

Hands Down for me.

I think he was a Phenomenal Song-writer, although, teamed with McCartney, they wrote some great material that changed the face of Rock and Roll in their time.

However, John's stance and public opinions on War, Peace, and the Economic Situation at his time, make him my pick.

And, not to mention his asassination - which has always left people wondering why? I've always thought Political reasons... He was a thinker AND a doer.

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Definitely George. The quiet man in the back who penned some of their best work. Went on to a successful solo career while devoting huge amounts of time to helping his fellow humans. Was also outstanding with the often overlooked group, The Traveling Wilburys, with Dylan, Petty, and Orbison.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I agree on the Travelling Willburry's part! I wish they had of done more music together, they were amazing.

Handle me with Care, and End of the Line - are two of my favorite songs!!

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I've liked John and Paul...if i had one musical wish i'd say get bass lessons off Paul Mcartney!

top topics

join