It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I saw a solid white light it seemed to be a plane except it moved a little too fast and the light didnt blink or anything. It looked exactly like I star, except it was moving.

Im not jumping to conclusions just wondering.

All the planes around here blink.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardcoremusiclover
I saw a solid white light it seemed to be a plane except it moved a little too fast and the light didnt blink or anything. It looked exactly like I star, except it was moving.

Im not jumping to conclusions just wondering.

All the planes around here blink.

Could be a satellite, too. They zip around pretty fast and don't blink, either. You never know.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

I saw one like that the other night. I just watched it disappear. No blinking lights and moving relatively fast. I assumed it to be a plane.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Honestly I wouldnt have thought anything different except its rather bright and appeard a little bigger than a plane and moved fast.

No blinking lights made me like WTF?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Huh, I've never seen anything like that before. The few ones I've seen were either really slow or disappeared instantly.

How very odd, unless it's a satellite I suppose.

Are there any satellite watchers/people who know about satellites on ATS?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It is probably a satellite dude, I see them all the time and they are exactly as you described.

Every time I see one I hope it makes a quick left or right turn to confirm that it's not a satellite
they always fly in straight lines.

-scav

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Not all lights on a plane blink.

There are many things it could be, someone mentioned a satellite which is quite possible, a meteorite...etc. Many planes however do have lights that don't always blink. Just an FYI.

How high up was it?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
To clear a few things up before people bash me I only took about 3 seconds to watch it and didnt get video or pictures.

Damn thing looked exactly like the brightest star in the sky where I live and moved like 20% faster than a plane.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I've never seen a satellite before, at least not to my knowledge. I have seen the ISS once, and what I saw didn't move as fast as I remember the ISS moving.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

Not bashing...but what kind of plane does it move 20% faster than? You should know that planes (U.S. Planes) have the capacity to travel up to Mach 3.6, that's pretty fast! The rockets and darts up to Mach 6 and 6.5! We have hypersonic craft, just isn't everyday you see them.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well I live in the midwest so...Im guessing there arent to many hyper sonic aircraft here

I regular commercail plane is what im comparing it too.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I do as well, but I never rule out that possability. Training can take place just about anywhere, I certainly wouldn't rule the idea out. I've seen many lights such as this, most of the time it's usually craft at extremely high altitude, 9 times out of 10, a satellite, the other 0.5 it's a high-speed plane at higher altitudes, the other 0.5, I like to think it's something I'm not supposed to see.

But, there are many air bases with air force aircraft in the midwest, your best bet is that you saw an F-16, or F-15.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Next time ill have to flash my light at them to get them to put their blinking light on

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've always had an interest in these things, though I have no idea what they are, possibly a cloaking device maybe

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Haha...
I know that many people think it's not possible in the midwest, but things do happen here. I personally believe I've seen Aurora here in Iowa, but I have no evidence to support my claim, so I find it futile to argue the point (that's actually what pushed me into the black project snootiness).

Things happen here, field of dreams and all. Remember, if you build it "they" will come.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Your first pic looks like something I'd have to examine more closely, however the second pic, take a look at where the sun is positioned, and where the plane is, take note that there appear to be two trails, creating the contrail. I believe your second pic is most likely a regular airliner, with the sun reflecting off of it. If your first pic is a zoom, that looks like the most logical answer.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I live near Offut Air Force Base, which is a part of SAC. I've seen the Stealth Bomber fly overhead a couple times. Quite the sight, I assure you.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think we're all more conscious of the skies that ever before, and also think that's a good thing.

What you described, sounds like the ISS. It's pretty bright right now. Log onto www.heavens-above.com, put in your location, and find out most of the known objects that are there. The ISS is....... beautiful, especially just before it gets rebumped into a higher orbit. Not really a photo-op, as a bright light in a dark background is unremarklable. It's just one of those things, like satellites and irridium flares, that are a reminder of objects OUT-there and how far we've come as a species.

I also use that website, as I feel confident that if I ever see something that wasn't on the satellite line-up, I've either seen an undocumented satellite, or............... something else

Once, while on the beach watching for the ISS, m'Bride and I saw a bright orangish light come in at about 45 degrees from the west...... just before it came to the horizon and the sea, it turned and went parallel to the sea to the east until it went out of sight. At that moment of turn, it changed to a beautiful purplish color. Meteorite? Maybe. Who knows. That was a great night.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

you could very well be right, I did a search and found the site I got those pictures from, you may want to take a block instead of a grain salt.

Holographic Jet Orbs Chemsprayes

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I saw something similar once, a friend pointed it out to me, looked like a satelite, but it had a slow pulse to it. It would glow bright, fade away, then flare up again, this was a slow pulse, lasting about 5 seconds from flare to flare. It did this about 4 times, then just disappeared. Didn;t flare up again, it weird, I was expecting to lose it in a cloud that it was heading for, but it disappeared long before the cloud. (I say disappeared, could have just stopped 'flaring'.)

EMM

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join