It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

first of all it doesn't matter what I believe, this thread is not about me. But for a person who calls themselves a christian you seem to know very little about the bible and christianity in general.

Alright ok. So you have great knowledge about the Bible then? Correct? And we have very little knowledge and we should really look up to you for advice. Correct?

Then tell me what this verse says:

Joel 2 - NIV

31 The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

In scientific terms please.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I can answer that!!!

Full solar eclipse and blood moon eclipse.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Watched her once. Got very bored, very fast. I could not see why she attracts so many. Of course I see little in daytime TV worth watching. People talking about themselves and their celebrity friends and their decidedly inexpert opinions based on years of talking about themselves.

How is Hilton and Spears doing anyway? Do they have an opinion on this?

Sarcasm off - I don't see a daytime talk-show host, speaking to the unemployed or sedentary as having much influence on enough people to matter much what she believes. Between her and Martha, perhaps they could pull together a group of agoraphobic fans who are influenced by their thoughts. I don't see a mass exodus of millions of Christians forsaking their faith based on Oprah's thoughts or those of her most recent personal trainer.

The concept that God lies within the individual is quite common and old.

If she could alter someones faith based on her perceived celebrity, they had no faith to begin with.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I can answer that!!!

Full solar eclipse and blood moon eclipse.

lol! hey, you're giving him the answers! Unfair!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

Brother, all I'm saying is that everyone has the right to interpret the bible in the way that it truly moves them.
If you're happy with your knowledge and strong from your faith, then honestly god bless you.
I truly have nothing else to say on the subject.
I don't even watch Oprah.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

link   

Originally posted by MandM
It is absolutely true.

Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

Ummm no. She cannot destroy anything. She has her beliefs and everyone else has their's. That's the great thing about Christianity, no one is forcing you to believe anything. It's a choice. If it truley bothers you that much, then pray for her and her followers.

link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Another question for you since a bright fellow here answered already.

In scientific language, tell me what this verse says:

Revelation 8 – RSV

10 The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the fountains of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died of the water, because it was made bitter.

I'm very much eager to know your answers so I can learn from your knowledge and experience about the Bible.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

oooops... lol Hey, I have a really interesting video for you to watch, lemme find it. I watched it last night.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't like oprah but agree with her position of god. It is us and we are it with it all around us making this dream a true story from birth to death. How else will god entertain itself. Its lonely up there in space with nothing to do but think how it could be.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Here amitheone:

www.youtube.com... Part 1

www.youtube.com... Part 2

Utterly amazing stuff. Especially for ones who understand prophecy as I'm sure you do.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by Zepherian

Zepherian, thx!

It’s about balance here…got to give some props to MandM (although I’m more of a mcHammer fan)

Christians do recognize evil in this world, and that it’s active, real and should not be ignored….that’s what evil wants btw…out of sight out of mind, so to speak.

I don't want to take you out of context, so I've included your whole quote.

Could you do me a favor and tell me how different the "That's what evil wants" statement is from "Thats what the voices want".

It just seems to me that any statement that is constructed such as "Thats what the (intangible item feared) wants!" Is one based on fear.

I read in Romans 14:14 That nothing is good or evil unto itself, except for he who thinks it so.

That seems a lot less based on fear and much more on faith if you ask me.

I mean, if there is a devil, it's the part of us that is suspicious beyond reason and fearful.

Good theology is TRUTH-focused!!

The big O has done great things…the true Christians should partner with her in the good she does, pray for her, regarding her beliefs…but definitely NOT be intimidated by heresy…

IAM that IAM will show HIMSELF…to all..in due time…in due time!!

Worthy of debate folks!

OT

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Here amitheone:

www.youtube.com... Part 1

www.youtube.com... Part 2

Utterly amazing stuff. Especially for ones who understand prophecy as I'm sure you do.

Thanks for the links!! I'm watching it right now and I'll comment later. I'm really excited about these stuffs translating the Bible into scientific terms.

Perhaps you would like to go to this website and read about the solar and lunar eclipses as well. Very similar explanation to the video with regards to 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

www.xjohn.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I'm trying here...I read your reply four times...please take another shot at it...

Confused OT?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
i cant see why this is even on the front page of ATS. so what? there are millions of people, including me who dont believe in god. and im sure we all have our reasons. just because shes openly talking about her beliefs doesnt give us permission to make fun of hers.

although i never have and probably never will like her...so ill give you that one

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

God i used to hate Oprah, but now that I see we have so much in common, I have a lot more respect for her!

Can you believe!?

Do you realize people actually believe Jesus came and died on the cross?

Do you realize people are teaching that there is a need for salvation!?

Do you realize people are teaching there is a place called heaven?

Do you realize people are actually teaching there is a place called HELL!!!?

Do you realize there are people out there teaching people that there is an invisible man in the sky called GOD!!?

D you you realize there are people who believe the bible is the word of GOD!!!?

Do you realize there are people who would have you keep a baby you got from being raped or that would kill you if you had it!!!?

Do you realize there are actually people who believe that being gay is a moral choice and that they will burn in hell for it?

Because it blows my @#!$%* mind, that people actually believe this garbage!!!!!!!

Wake up.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by Zepherian
My god dosen't care about your god, he's too busy smoking dope...

This was from a 1980's spitting image song about religion btw.

I'm tired of fanatical (insert religion here). It's time people be individuals and start actually bloody looking at creation instead of herding around fear based control systems like a bunch of scared little sheep.

Here's a reality check for the OP: a very large portion of the world, and indeed even of your local congregation, does not take religion as seriously as you seem to do. And here is why: there is more evil in fanaticism and blind faith than there will ever be in an individual take on god.

Well said.
Guns don't kill people, religious concepts kill people.
Amen Z.

BCC: Judean Peoples Front

[edit on 8/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

I think you are wrong, Schroedey, old buddy. I have it on good authority that I obtained from a t-shirt last summer. To wit:

Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
These teachings aren't any new thing. Why, I remember way back ini the 70s, a new star was born and he tried to free us all. Name: John Lennon...

I'm thikng we ought to get out the sitars, and happy grass and try to release ourselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I hope that one day religion ends.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
It is absolutely true.

Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no need for salvation?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no heaven?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no hell?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that the Bible is not any more important than a whole bunch of other "religious" books?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that abortion is a good thing?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that homosexuality is wonderful, and that those who say homosexuality is sin are those who are evil?

I know that not everyone on this forum will believe that these things are actually true, but they are stone cold accurate and you can actually watch Oprah Winfrey openly denying Jesus Christ for yourself:

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...

Sounds like Oprah is sounding like John Lennon... I really wish I could believe all the biblical stuff, I have tried more then once. I understand that you believe which is great!

But I feel sad for the intolerant sects of Christianity. I'm not sure why you need to place judgment upon anybody ( homo people ) isn't heaven and hell for that???
I think you are wasting your time AND walking away from god if you let hate and intolerance into your heart. This is casting a stone...

Plus I really doubt I could picture the Jesus Kicking in the heads of homosexuals either.

If these preachers focused on love instead of hate then this would not be a problem.
Our I guess you can go out and attempt to cleanse the earth of gayness...

Maybe god created homosexuals for a reason... maybe you are a human and it is not you role to play god,,, acting like god is evil isn't it.

Think for yourself

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Sure brother, I watched the videos in your sig. I knew God was angry at the Jews taking the star for their symbol.

And now my eyes are opened. Thank you.

I'll return the favor, the antichrist is revealed:

He calls himself "Lord Maitreya". He is the son of Perdition.

Watch the YouTube videos. People who think it's Obama, Prince Charles, George Bush etc are all wrong.

The AntiChrist is Lord Maitreya, his false prophet is the Roman Catholic Pope.

home.sprynet.com...

www.satansrapture.com...

www.redmoonrising.com...

www.cuttingedge.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join