It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the real killer in abortion? The parent or the politicians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I find it interesting that America makes the president and the politicians to blame for the legality of abortions.

The irresponsibility and lack of caring for the children is evident in an America that abandons her children.

Abortion and its procedure is the responsibility of the parents who are seeking implementation of the process, the doctors who perform the act, and the institution that hosts the operation.

The morality of abortion resides in the backbone of American ethics and our communities. Nothing more. America looks for legislation to achieve an end in the area of public policy, and we have shown that regardless of policy, we do what we want anyway.

Washington will never impede a woman's right to choice, for a woman in this day and age has many tools at her disposal if she wishes to end her unborn child's life. The responsibility, and the blame of abortion is in the home and the people and community that allows it to happen. Not your leaders. Its all of our problem.

As I write this, there are some 4000 abortions per day in the United States every day./
As I write this, there are some 126,000 abortions every day worldwide.
As I write this, there are some 47 Million abortions every years.

Is it the world leaders who are creating these unwanted children?
Is it your politicians who are making them get an abortion?
Just whose responsibility is it anyway.

The abortion issue, and whether it is legal or not is after the fact, for anyone pondering the murder of a child is guilty of the death of that child. Don't blame Washington, for they are merely a shadow of America.

Peace

[edit on 3-8-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well said.

I think that there is already little need for abortion. Especially no need for blaming f-ing politicians.

The only reason people blame them is 'cause they have the power to legalize it.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A person who is a liberal like me can tell you first hand that abortion should be illegal. I contemplated abortion with my first son, they gave me a sonogram to dertimine how far along I was, I took one look at that life in me and walked right out of the clinic. He's 14 now, strait a student and starting high school in a few days. There should be a way that people can get a glimpse of wnat their beautiful child will be like when they get older BEFORE they get an abortion. This should not be a political thing, it should be a moral thing. There are plenty of people wanting to adopt babies, there is no need for abortion, unless medically neccesary or in the case of rape. Let's reverse Roe V. Wade!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Well said! I agree with every word!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
...I took one look at that life in me and walked right out of the clinic. He's 14 now, strait a student and starting high school in a few days. There should be a way that people can get a glimpse of wnat their beautiful child will be like when they get older BEFORE they get an abortion.

They have done pretty good now-a-days with those 4d sonograms that show you 3d pictures of the baby. They are really incredible.

Let's reverse Roe V. Wade!

I agree, but it's a long time in coming, mainly because few people in the debate have any idea what the legal ramifications of this would actually be.

Most think Roe v Wade made abortion legal so overturning it would make it illegal. This is wrong but there isn't much of a good way to change their minds.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I dont agree with abortions, in fact my wife and I have raised 8 children our youngest is 13.

But I also do not agree with you calling people who advocate abortion "murderers"...from here "for anyone pondering the murder of a child is guilty of the death of that child."

Your one of those people who wish to shove your opinion down everyones throat!...while I totally DO NOT agree with abortions, I find YOU even more repulsive!

Life is about choices...we make them and then live with the consequences...

and please, please dont preach to me about the sanctity of life and I how clueless I am...my wife and I have raised more kids than the above posters combined!

I am sooooo GD sick of radical liberals telling everyone how to live their lives...yes I said "radical" ...I too think of myself as a liberal minded person, with conservative values...but you people make me absolutely sick.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well, I can see I am in the minority, so I expect flack on this... I wondered about the abortion thing and struggled as I needed a point of reference. After much thinking, I chose the words of the Biblical God to the Hebrews for when the soul enters the body.

That is "at first breath."

Given that, the answer to the question posed is "neither." Unless farmers are "killers" for slaughtering cattle and swine.

And I want to ask of those of you who are so anti-abortion what you would do in this situation:

You have broken your pelvis, say, and go in for an x-ray at 6 months. Also, you have come down with bronchitis and are prescribed tetracycline.

Now x-rays are seriously bad for a developing fetus, and tetracycline is known to cause serious birth defects ala thalidomide.

Shortly after you have had your x-ray and are nearly done with your 10 day prescription of tetracycline, you are told you are 8 weeks pregnant.

What do you choose to do?

[edit on 8/3/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
Let's reverse Roe V. Wade!

Let's not. And I will tell you why...

The reason ANY legislation came about on the abortion issue was because, legal or not, women will abort (or give it one hell of a try). And what was happening was that we were having not only aborted fetuses but dead (once) pregnant women because of unclean methods, bad methods, and attemps involving things like coat hangers.

So it was decided that it was the woman's choice and safe, clean, proper methods were made available.

All you would accomplish is pushing abortions back underground.

And then you would have on YOUR head all the misery that black market abortions produce.

Wretched thinking, I say, if you cannot grasp this simple fact.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Come on already!!!!!!!!! Why is America soooo far behind on some key subjects?

Abortion
Religion

and those are the main 2.

Could it be this country was founded by fundamentalists?

Your growing pains should be over by now. Snap out of it and join the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I gave no one a pass on responsibility...everyone is responsible for their decisions in life and the consequences thereof...

calling people murderers for those decisions as they relate to abortion is wrong...who the hell are you to tell someone how to live their life?

and you can knock off the tool remarks...I Have raised 8 kids and am now enjoying my 4 gandkids...

but you know what...if one of my daughters felt that abortion was the right thing for her...I would walk her to the clinic and make sure people like you stayed the hell away from her...

tool?...go get a life!...your just pouty that you don't get to be the great and enlightened decider for all of us poor dumb Americans...and thank GOD for that!

edit for spelling

[edit on 3-8-2008 by deadbang]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
I
tool?...go get a life!...your just pouty that you don't get to be the great and enlightened decider for all of us poor dumb Americans...and thank GOD for that!

edit for spelling

Is that why you moved to New Zeeland?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I came to NZ becuase the company I work for had a need for a senior network engineer to be in the SA-P region...funny that you mention that...my family and I (wife and 2 of the 8 kids) are moving back to the states in a month, Denver specifically.

hope that answers your question...not sure where you were going with that?

oh and by the way, it's spelled New Zealand

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
A degradation of society is to blame for the number of them

Although the only thing that makes me sicker, is the people that think they have
a moral authority over others to make them change.

it is one thing to point it out, quite another to impose your will or belief system
on others.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
nothing personal deadbang....all the best to you and your family. I just think that sooo many americans are so narrow minded. Especially when it comes to religion, abortion and so forth. What is up with that??? SERIOUSLY.

Oh wait! I know the answer......

SIGH!

I'd like to apologize from the Europeans , starting with the vikings finding your country (and the indiands, I know) cause, soo many poeople have their heads up their asses here.

To be the most powerful nation in the world, it sure has it shares of retarded people here.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind wishes...

And to a degree, I agree with you..there are issues that since coming to NZ, I find we are little behind on...or close minded too...

I'm not one of those "ameica, hell yeah!!" people...I see the fallacy in quite a few decisions my fellow Americans and my govt. have made...

but religion and abortion and even marriage and divorce issues, I believe are personal decisions...and I feel very strongly about that.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Deadbang....Im writing this to you for no particular reason, than to be completely honest. ive been having an argument with my girlfriend tonite, and if it was not for that, i would not even have answered this thread. My personal issues totally boiled over and you got the brunt of it. I am sorry, I know that i dont know you, and will most likely never ever meet you, but i just wanted to say that.

Im sorry.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StefanO

StefanO, not a prob man...these boards are life in a vacuum, they do not take into account all of the outside pressures we feel daily...and often we use them to vent...hell I know I have...and to that end...my apologies as well!

game on!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Originally posted by solo1
A degradation of society is to blame for the number of them

Although the only thing that makes me sicker, is the people that think they have
a moral authority over others to make them change.

Absolutely agree. The degradation is part of a much larger issue, and my appeal was to one of community and family to look hard at the cause and effect of this matter on a moral level, and one of responsibility.

reply to post by deadbang

calling people murderers for those decisions as they relate to abortion is wrong...who the hell are you to tell someone how to live their life?

Ill use your own words against you and ask you the same. Who are you to tell me I cant use the word murder?

calling people murderers for those decisions as they relate to abortion is wrong

I call it as accurate as I can, and when an infant is prematurely terminated in this day and age with full knowledge of that action, perhaps I should have used the word premature execution.

The OP was merely to indicate that the Government, the attachment of any elected official to a very sensitive matter is one of MORALITY and not one of legislation.

Peace

[edit on 3-8-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
The abortion issue, and whether it is legal or not is after the fact, for anyone pondering the murder of a child is guilty of the death of that child. Don't blame Washington, for they are merely a shadow of America.

Well, certainly it's wrong to kill a child. But if we are talking abortion, we are talking a fetus, not a child. If one believes the (infallible) word of the Biblical God...

The soul does not enter until first breath. Ergo, what is in the womb is NOT human, given that, according to the Bible (and therefore, that infallible God), one is not human unless one has a soul.

And so... To abort a fetus is akin to slaughtering a pig, cow, chicken, or any other animal.

So why there is an issue with abortion in the first place is beyond me, and certainly it's confusing to bring in the killing of children there are the end, apropos to nothing.

Oh, and...

Is it the world leaders who are creating these unwanted children?

The only ones who are creating unwanted children are those who force a pregnancy to term and then abandon the souled individual to the Universe at large, rather than taking full responsibility for the life they forced into souled existence.

[edit on 8/3/2008 by Amaterasu]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join