It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes Aren't Always 'The Bad Guy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
....the sucking chest wound of a little girl I shot when her family ran a checkpoint after an IED attack on my convoy....

[edit on 4-8-2008 by cavscout]

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard someone take pride in.

You shot up her family - Because an IED went off? Nice checkpoint excuse. The British Soldiers used it on us in Belfast all the time.

Way to justify your "revenge killing" - I bet you got a medal to help shut you up. It really is shameful that this a source of pride for you.

I take it the rest of the family weren't so lucky.... thanks for setting up that totally necessary checkpoint. Enjoy your psychosis.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard someone take pride in.

You shot up her family - Because an IED went off? Nice checkpoint excuse. The British Soldiers used it on us in Belfast all the time.

Way to justify your "revenge killing" - I bet you got a medal to help shut you up. It really is shameful that this a source of pride for you.

I take it the rest of the family weren't so lucky.... thanks for setting up that totally necessary checkpoint. Enjoy your psychosis.

Mr Truth I'd kindly request you keep your opinion and attitudes on the war in Iraq to yourself or start a thread in the right forum. We're talking about necessary skills to save life and to help people.......please feel free to U2U me if you want to continue this.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Cavscout didnt give a detailed account of that event, only their treatment of the injured girl, and we should hold off on the mudslinging...if YOUR life were in immediate threat of a driven carbomb i'd guess that you would have acted in a similar manner if you were in their shoes

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Hi there Newb! You are so far off it isn’t funny.

It isn’t a story I feel like reliving today, maybe in a day or two. Im not really having a good day in that regard. Just know that I thought the vehicle was a very real threat, the father of the girl, who was driving, begs me forgiveness in every letter he sends me, and I beg him for the same.

The girl and my daughter are now pen pals and when things calm down over there some day I am taking my family to visit them

I have told the story on ATS before if you want to try and find it.

You need to calm down and ask for the whole story before passing judgment.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

We used this in North and East Africa when stung by wild African bees, works great. A little slow to start off with but does the trick every time.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
In Iraq I used the cellophane cigarette wrapper to treat the sucking chest wound of a little girl I shot when her family ran a checkpoint after an IED attack on my convoy.

Saved her life. Without the cellophane we wouldnt have had anything clean to seal the wound up.

Thanks everyone for all the great tips! I want to put all this on a card and hand to do-gooders when they tell me how horrible smoking is!

[edit on 4-8-2008 by cavscout]
Great use for the cellophane wrapper Cavscout! I'd would've never thougt to use it as an occlusive dressing for a sucking chest wound! That's a real example of adapt and overcome!

[edit on 4-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Not if i get to the gnome first

I might even steal his pink flamingos for target practice

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The celophane example is a good idea, and why he had to use it is an unfortunate event. But until you've been in a soldiers shoes, in a similar situation, don't be giving them any crap. Our country is free because soldiers chose to fight and die for it, you should honor and show them respect

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I served in the military from 1952 to 1964 before going off to medical school under the G.I. Bill.

I was in Korea - and that is all I have to say about that.

Today's military is a sham. America Tortures people, Fights undeclared Wars and Wars of Aggression in Contravention of International Laws established at Nuremberg - Not to mention their Disregard for the Geneva Conventions.

In Fact, America has recently withdrawn from the UN Human Rights Body. They refuse to acknowledge it because if they did, they would be subject to thousands of charges of Human Rights Violations - and War Crimes charges.

The Refusal of America to issue a Declaration of War against Iraq in 2003 means America has launched and Waged an Illegal War of Aggression absolutely in no way different than those war waged by the Nazis (which were preemptive wars designed to prevent further terrorist attacks against the Homeland; Reich=Home. Reichland=Homeland.)

Soldiers take an oath to defend this country from all enemies foreign and Domestic, To uphold and defends the constitution and the Republic.

When America's military starts to follow this oath, I will begin to honour them again.

But let us not forget the actions of the soldiers in Iraq are Dishonouring the ones who came before them...

[edit on 5-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Excellent thread - I never knew tobacco could be used this way.
Does it work better with loose tobacco? I would think that is a better option than a pre-rolled cig as the tobacco tends to be more moist and sticks to itself. The ready rolled are flaky little pieces of tobacco - couldn't they make an open wound worse?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ilandrah

I suppose it would still be better than nothing at all. And even the lowest grade tobacco still has some antibacterial qualities.

Even a low-grade cigarette could still be used to cauterize the wound and the cotton from the filter used to help pack it.

I would still prefer a bandage and some antibiotic ointment, but I'd use a cigarette if I had nothing else.

Drum tobacco would be my brand for staunching wounds etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join