It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MYSTERIOUS silent flash in the SOUTH EAST

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Ok so i have been a lurker here at ATS for well over a year. I have read every possible combination of conspiracies availble to date. I have researched everything I have read on here including predictions from John Titor to the accusations of John Lear and his moon bases. Ok to the point I told myself that I would never join because all of these threads are just fiction and fun to read, but tonight i was sitting on my back porch in Georgia which is the South East United States( and yes i did have a couple of drinks and no i have no photographs or video evidence) and in my peripheral vison and also my freinds there was at bright flash about 20ft above the tree line. It looked like a bright LED FLASH about 5 times as bright as the brightest star in the sky and only lasted for a split second and was gone. I know this is not a huge story but it really freaked me out and i joined this site because of this. PLEASE help me out with this.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Did you see the source of light? Or just the sky becoming brighter by something?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
ok what it look liked orginated from a star ... couldnt be a cell phone tower or airtraffic tower becauce it was to high in the sky. It wasnt a flash from from a plane or heli because it was only one time and it was bright ...then gone

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
lol no offense buddy but it could have literally been a dozen explanations for that. I'm not even a skeptic I'm a firm believer of UFO/Aliens/911truth/ancient astronaut/galactic federation theories and even if I had simply seen some 'flashes' in the sky I wouldn't think too much of it. There's so many possible earthly and mundane explanations that it's hardly worth even attempting to investigate.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I understand that you have so many mundane thearys on what it is but i dont care . All I know is that i saw a bright flash of light ( on a cloudless night) as big as the daytimesun that only happened for a milisec and was gone and I wouldnt have even mentioned it here but my buddy that was sitting next to me looked at me right after it was done and was like did you just see that??

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaboy
I understand that you have so many mundane thearys on what it is but i dont care . All I know is that i saw a bright flash of light ( on a cloudless night) as big as the daytimesun that only happened for a milisec and was gone and I wouldnt have even mentioned it here but my buddy that was sitting next to me looked at me right after it was done and was like did you just see that??

You are lacking details. I have no idea what did you see and how was the sky and so on..

So you were inside when the flash occured? And saw sky becoming lighter from window? After that, what did you do?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

well the way you phrased it now sounds a bit more interesting. YOu never said it was as 'big as the sun' obviously that changes things a bit.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
okso i am sitting outside on a deck. I live about an hour away from any town and 3 hrsaway from a major city (ATLANTA). I am familer with the night time stars because i sit out every night with my room mate and girlfreind and stareat the stars. We have such an amazing view because there is no light pollution. Anyway from what i can desribe it was like a staionary star out of my periphial vision became very bright and clear like an led light for a milisec and maybe a sec. but then dissapeared. No big deal but just freaked me out i guess cause ive never seen anything like this.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

okso i am sitting outside on a deck. I live about an hour away from any town and 3 hrsaway from a major city (ATLANTA). I am familer with the night time stars because i sit out every night with my room mate and girlfreind and stareat the stars. We have such an amazing view because there is no light pollution. Anyway from what i can desribe it was like a staionary star out of my periphial vision became very bright and clear like an led light for a milisec and maybe a sec. but then dissapeared. No big deal but just freaked me out i guess cause ive never seen anything like this.

Ok.

What was the scale of the "led light"? I mean that it might have been a meteor hitting the earth´s sphere..

And you say you have no light pollution, so seeing meteors would be easy. Just an option..

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Anyway this is my first htread and like i said i hve been a lurker here for sometime and this site has really opened my mind up and would like to thank everyone here. Tonight wasnt that big of a deal but it did strike a nerve in me to even join tis site. Anyway i hope to be here for a while and I hope uncover the truth .............................GOOD LUCK TO ALL

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Are you by the shore/ocean/beach/coast by any chance or no?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
pointless thread!
why even post it, especially in the ALIENS section
i mean come on.
lets assume we all know nothing, ok, were new on earth and we have basic knowledge. lets look at how ridiculous this is...

you see a flash...

and you think it might be an alien creature from a far away galaxy in his ship floating above ur house.

yes, you see my point. move along.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Strange. Last night I was lying in bed listening to George Galloway (great radio programme BTW) while looking out of the bedroom window at some stars that twinkle and glisten. When quite suddenly there was a bright flash I can only describe like a very distant camera flash, it didnt spread like lightening but was as small as a star but extremely bright so as to get my full attention. I jumped up and looked closer and could only see a very faint orb (or sattelite take your pick) moving along the line it had came from but the flash was quite something!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
no I am aprox. 300 miles from the cost but i am also only 50 ,iles or so from the busiest airport in the world (ATLANTA) but like i said earlier I sit out drinking a couple of beers every night and have never seen " a star blow up and dissapear " like this before. I know by saying this i will have people say oooo waiy u idnt describe this earlier but its the best way me and my buddy could describe it. Iy doesnt really matter ifyou all belive me justwanted to state whatI saw. Im out for the night. Thanks again for the siteI am addicted to it like a juncky on CRACK. Im on it all day on my blackberry.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Are you close to a railway?

They often produce random, big flashes that light up a portion of the sky. I'm not sure what causes it but I know the railway near where I used to live would often do it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
irridium flare ? perchance ?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigC2012
Strange. Last night I was lying in bed listening to George Galloway (great radio programme BTW) while looking out of the bedroom window at some stars that twinkle and glisten. When quite suddenly there was a bright flash I can only describe like a very distant camera flash, it didnt spread like lightening but was as small as a star but extremely bright so as to get my full attention. I jumped up and looked closer and could only see a very faint orb (or sattelite take your pick) moving along the line it had came from but the flash was quite something!

Hi bud,

Im not sure if youre from the UK (im assuming you are as you were listening to George Galloway)

I can confirm that i witnessed a sequence of several extremley bright lights over my home (West Midlands, UK) yesterday evening at about 21.30 - 21.45.

To be honest i did stand and watch them, in fact i also called my wife out to have a look however at the time i really didnt consider it significant enough to run and grab a camera (although it only lasted about 10 - 15 seconds) - i hope it isnt anything significant as im gonna feel a bit stupid now for not attempting to photograph, lol.

What i saw was 3 (may have been more before i came out of house) very bright lights fall from the cloud one after another. They wasnt falling quickly - in fact the best way i could describe them was they looked very similar to flares that are used in the military they are fired behind the enemy to illuminate them - i think they are referred to as shamolies (spelling may be way off). I also noticed that each object that dropped left a trail of smoke behind that drifted in the wind as it was quite strong yesterday evening however although come to think of it the falling objects did not drift (as far as i could tell).

It was the smoke trail that caused me to believe it may have been some form of pyrotechnic however, after reading other posts which may be related it has got me a little curious.

Anyway, i hope this little bit of extra information was helpful

Have a great day - P.S today is my Birthday (yipeeeeee)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sounds like you saw an iridium flare - sunlight reflecting off the antenna of an iridium satellite.

Check out Heavens Above for more info.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Guys, I had an experience two years ago.
I was standing on my back porch, watching the stars through my nightvision goggles. They are a Generation 3 type goggle, meaning they are manufactured for the military and law enforcement agencies.
Well, I was just about to go in after standing out there a short while. I actually took two steps back to the door to go inside, and I just thought in my brain, turn back.... you might see something.
I don't know why this happened, my gut just said keep looking.

Well about 2 minutes later I saw a flash(....OP...) that made me pull my eyes away from the goggles. In the manufactures instructions of these goggles, that is something that you should never have to do. This flash wasn't a visible flash... Not to my eyes anyway(...OP), but with the goggles I saw it clear as day.
Something, that looked like a meteor or comet had appeared, what felt like a couple of kilometres away and was headed my way.
It looked from the initial trajectory, to me, like it was going to hit right near my house maybe a couple of blocks to the south.
All I said, and out loud was, "Get F*@ked!"
Well it disappeared for a few seconds as I lost sight of it over the back/side fences and the houses behind.
I didn't expect to, next thing I know, have it traveling in straight level flight just over my next door neighbours roof.
The goggles have a 15 minute automatic switch off feature, to save battery. It chose this time to switch off, that's what made me pull them away from my eyes for the split second and that's when I realised that what I was seeing was invisible to me. The night sky was pitch black. I switched them back on and watched it, it looked like, and don't bag me over this because that's what it looked like... it looked like a sperm, but obviously on a large scale.
I could make out a waving line that looked like a sperms tail in the tail of it.
The head had what looked like electricity rolling over it.
It was either a tailed flying object, or it had some type of corkscrewing effect going on in the back, giving me the aspect that there was a tail.
The infrared light that came off it lit up my next door neighbours roof, and my back yard.

So, OP, I know the can appear.
Even if I might've needed the optic to allow me to see mine.
I did contact the Perth Observatory and they had never heard of any meteors or comets that are only visible in infrared.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'll 2nd (or 3rd) the suggestion of an iridium flare being the culprit in this case. These are bright enough to be seen in broad daylight.

Going off on a slight tangent with Comatose's flashes from the railway - Is that an electric railway with an overhead catenary live wire by any chance?
Separate zones on such lines are supplied by different substations and there can be strong arcs when the train crosses the boundary between 2 sources of supply which is a small open point in the overhead wire.

Along the same lines, one night as I drove into work for a late shift there was a brilliant flash lasting milliseconds that lit up the entire sky due to the cloud cover. I later found out it was a HV feeder fault across the river and some 5 miles away. This sort of thing happens all the time but it never fails to be impressive when you see one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join