It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: 91 - Dr. Michio Kaku Part 1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
It was so refreshing to hear a man of that intellect kick back with the guys and shoot the breeze like an NFL game was about to begin. You set him at ease and he rolled. Amazing.

Thanks. Johnny and I pride ourselves on our ability to remove the defense mechanisms that most guests throw up with other folks, especially the main stream media. Before we start a show with a guest, we let them know what we are about and the fact that our mission is to make the interview informative, but make it entertaining enough not to put people asleep. We tell a guest that we want them to imagine that we are all sitting in their living room with a beverage of our choice and just chatting like good friends on the events of the day. Shirley MacLaine told us that out of the literally thousands of interviews she had ever done, that it was one of the most relaxed and fun times she had in a long time.

One thing Johnny and I have learned in the one year of doing the ATS MIX gig, is that guests really want to open up without putting their necks on the line.... and our ability to walk that fine line is why the ATS MIX show is enjoyed by 23 million subscribers in every country of the known world today. Dr. Kaku also told us what other guests have said about having fun and being relaxed. This is why he opened up to us more than he may have with a different approach.

Thanks for your comments as always. Johnny and I will always approach every interview the same way to bring out the best of the guest and what they have to offer our intelligent membership and guests.

Dave

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That last show officially hurt my head... in a good way.

Over the course of the 90 minute show, I think my IQ was raised by at least 3 points. Maybe now I'll be qualified to lift heavy objects.

There were a number of ideas put forward that I had never heard before. If I have time over the weekend I'll have to listen again.

Naturally I'll repeat the comments made to my friends and pass them off as my own musings, but that's part of the game of one-upmanship whilst having a few quiet ones.

So, Dave and Johnny, a huge round off appreciation, and like always, I wait in anticipation for part two.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Still chuckling hearing how Mums gave him the green light to construct an atom smasher in the garage. That blew me away.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Still chuckling hearing how Mums gave him the green light to construct an atom smasher in the garage. That blew me away.

Then your really going to love the Part Two interview Dave and I had with Dr. Kaku...

He makes another early reference of an experiment he did.. The second interview is again a "must-listen" (available for stream and download early this Friday Morning in the USA and Europe).

Johnny

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

COOL! I particpated in the "what would you ask Michio Kaku" thread a couple weeks ago and I'm very interested to hear the show now.

He has done some brilliant work in physics and has very conventional ways of making science a little more down to earth. I listen to his morning science radio show from time to time also.

But he has recently said on his radio show that the paranormal isn't real based on the concept of advocacy in that paranormal researchers are forced to be advocates for paranormal activity and spread the hype. But what is really interesting is how even some of Michio Kaku's recent book releases could, at least in a way, help expain paranormal activity themselves.

I was really hoping that he would address this issue for the ATS listeners since has been both anti-paranormal/pseudoscience while being on the cutting edge of some of the most mind-boggling theoretical physics in recent memory which seems to confirm, at least in theory, that paranormal activity is real. Not to mention UFO's, PK, SRV, etc.. All of which we discuss here on a regular basis.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
dbl post. Apologies.

-ChriS

[edit on 7-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The fifth law of physics. Psy. I am still attempting to reboot my neurons. Head totally shaved and tire marked. I got run over by the Kaku bus.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

That's the first time I heard of this possible 5th force too. I'd like to hear more about that.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit

Originally posted by Bunch
Outstanding job guys!!!...just one letdown in the fact that you guys choose to plug in a question about an Anonymous member instead of giving preference to the members that take their time and sign up and are actually habitual users of the site.

Hey Bunch....

Thanks for the comments. We have been doing one Anonymous question in our last few interviews because, quite frankly, SOME OF US that are registered members today were once ANONYMOUS. Johnny and I try and ask the best questions that we can for a particular guest. As some questions are similar to other questions asked, we try and pick ones that are different or have a different slant. Johnny will tell you that he was Anonymous long before he ever became a member. Hope that answers your question. Again, thanks for the compliment and the comment.

Dave

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

Uhh, maybe you are mistaken. The anonymous post feature was VERY recently added, so there is no way you guys were "anonymous" posters before you joined ATS.

I also am disheartened that the spot was not given to a member's question.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
Johnny will tell you that he was Anonymous long before he ever became a member.

Dave

Uhh, maybe you are mistaken. The anonymous post feature was VERY recently added, so there is no way you guys were "anonymous" posters before you joined ATS.

And maybe you didn't read everything or put 2 and 2 together. Dave did not say "I Johnny Anonymous ever posted anonymously".. He said I was ANONYMOUS long before I ever became a member.. (as in my stage name being Johnny Anonymous which I've been for a long time).

As you leave the building, please feel free to pick up your complimentary serving of humble pie or take a coupon for a free 'eye exam' at the optometry department (just to the left of aisle 5)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Are you serious?
I guess the attitude is part of the "biz".

So basically you're trying to create some stupid catchphrase or pun or "calling card" or something stupid because you're johnny anonymous so now we have an anonymous posting system you want to use one question from them every episode?

Geez, you're a step above Dave and Bubba in the mornings, screaming obscenities.

Maybe I didn't want to believe that was actually the case.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by forsakenwayfarer]

SLAP THAT GOAT - Bubba anonymous

Really my point I wanted to make was that several members worded more eloquent questions... Members are really more important, at the end of the day.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Are you serious?
I guess the attitude is part of the "biz".

So basically you're trying to create some stupid catchphrase or pun or "calling card" or something stupid because you're johnny anonymous so now we have an anonymous posting system you want to use one question from them every episode?

Geez, you're a step above Dave and Bubba in the mornings, screaming obscenities.

Maybe I didn't want to believe that was actually the case.

SLAP THAT GOAT - Bubba anonymous

LOL...

Well at least you do seem to have a sense of humor. But if not, please leave your name and address at the door and we'll send you a prompt refund check for having to suffer the anguish of listening to an exclusive interview.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Meh, in hindsight I sound pretty mean. I assure you i'm really not trying for that.

I was just hoping that wasn't the true and only explanation of why you guys wanted to use anonymous questions in an exclusive interview.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Meh, in hindsight I sound pretty mean. I assure you i'm really not trying for that.

I was just hoping that wasn't the true and only explanation of why you guys wanted to use anonymous questions in an exclusive interview.

No Harm done...

Both Dave and I both have been in the entertainment business long enough to know that everyone has preconceived ideas of how things should be done or operated. I'm sure there are those that don't like the "anonymous posting" feature here at ATS. But the fact remains that many 'former anonymous posters' become members here at ATS, and were all for having new members joining and helping to contribute to this fine website.

And so yes, we will continue to use a question posted by someone posting anonymously if management feels that their question is strong and interesting enough. And keep in mind, there is a part two interview, so many other member question are asked.

I'm hoping that there was at least one or more positive thoughts you were able to glean from the interview other than the fact that you don't like the question we took from an anonymous poster?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by forsakenwayfarer

Hey.... appreciate your thoughts as always.... but here's the deal...... we have 23 million subscribers to our show worldwide...... some are MEMBERS, some are MILITARY, some are NOT MEMBERS, some only know about AboveTopSecret.Com from the show..... and so on. Anyway, it is important for Johnny and I to make every subscriber, every listener just as important as the next..... thus the involvement of folks.... members or anonymous, who have taken the time to make intelligent questions and queries of the guests that we acquire for the ATS MIX Show.

Maybe this explains it better than my previous attempt......

Thanks again for your interest and comments.....

Dave

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Loved the show I just finally got to listen to the whole thing!

When Michio Kaku was discussing how tiny universes are popping into existence all around us (at about 1:16:30 into the MP3), he didn't really discuss the aspect of time with relation to these universes. For example, It's quite possible that these universes are popping into existence and the time is much different than our own. So different that these tiny universes could even be created, eventually create life, and eventually collapse back onto themselves all in a fraction of a second from our perspective. This is pretty insane for a few reasons. But to me it seems pretty wild because of the idea of a universe being in every single atom in the universe (or multiple universes in every atom).

Perhaps our universe, itself, is simply an extremely time-dilated drop of fluid somewhere on some massive planet in some massive solar system in yet a larger galaxy and larger universe and so on... That idea is mind boggling..

And this brings up a very interesting thought experiment with regards to multiverse theory. If there are, literally, infinite universes and every one is slightly different (perhaps even just a subatomic particle out of place), it brings up this possibility. If there are infinite universes all the time, then there must be some universe where we are existing inside this very same drop of fluid in an even larger-scale universe. That universe is existing in yet a larger-scale universe, etc..etc..

And the idea of time travel and technology also comes into play with the multiverse theory Michio Kaku was discussing. If there really are infinite universes, then in one of those universes, a technological civilization discoverd time travel, discovered how to come to our universe and eventually to earth (in what we would come to call a UFO) and eventually make contact with people from earth. We haven't had the last part yet, but we certainly see UFO's. So I don't really think science can completely rule out the UFO phenomenon.

The LHC in Geneva is about to be fired up for small-scale testing before it moves up to full-scale testing in order to work out all the bugs in the system. One of the biggest scientific discoveries they COULD make is the existence of other dimensions (perhaps even scientific evidence of multiple universes). They could even use the LHC to determine what the shape of these universes are (which is pretty mind-blowing in itself).

Thanks all for a great show! They didn't get to my question for Michio but I think it was one for the books.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It was so refreshing to hear a man of that intellect kick back with the guys and shoot the breeze like an nfl game was about to begin. You set him at ease and he rolled.
Amazing.

yes i agree 100% cant wait till next week well done on all the other shows as well.you have a new fan

top topics

<< 1   >>

join