It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those who never leave ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Apparently 2% of members at ATS never leave ATS. Here are a few questions for you.

Why don’t you need sleep, food etc.?

How much coffee do you get through in a day?

Are you a rejected super solder with too much time on your hands?

Are you mentally stable?

Were you mentally stable but now completely paranoid because you never leave ATS?

Do you own a dog?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
LMAO.

You don't half ask some stupid questions at time... but damn are they funny!

2% never leave ATS hey? guess they must be those who sit at alphabet agency desks and work in shifts.

Got links to the names?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
LMAO.

Got links to the names?

No, but I'm hoping they will come forward and say who they are.

Maybe they are those shadowy agency types, MIB, or alien spies. They would be here 24/7 trying to clue up on us 'crazy' conspiracy types. Are there better ways to waste time?

Mmmmm, you reckon any of them have been 'turned' by spending all their time here? Agent turned Alternate, or an alien crossing the line to paranoidland.

Makes you think doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I do know of one individual (No name given and not me) who doesn't remember to sign out. Simply stays logged on pretty much all the time. Do you think that that is where your 2% comes from? I'm also curious as to how you come up with that figure?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Hi, I am one of those who must seem to be on ATS almost all the time, but that is just because I very often forget to log out! But somehow I think I will remember it today...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

That makes 2 of us. My home computer is often on 24/7 with emails and internet open. If ATS is open it justs stays open. Every now and then I might walk past and refresh myATS and see if there are new stories worth reading but I'm not glued to it as such. Most of my actual ATSing is done at work....like now:shk: but I think I am still logged on at home as well. Oops

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I never log out...what's the point?

I get logged out if I clear cookies...

It's not like you're taking up processor time or anything that I'm aware.

Occasionally I'll close the browsers if I go out, but since I use tabs, even if I did close them, I might miss a tab.

Not sure if you just close tabs and browser but don't issue a 'close' request if this site (or any others) still statuses one as in or out.

So don't think that 2% is super meaningful.

OTOH there are peeps who don't come to BTS b/c they think it's 'slumming' or something.

To me BTS has all the good, real stuff. Survival forums, Cooking, etc.

Who's with me?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I never turn my pc off and whatever I have open stays open. I'm just like the other poster who checks emails and stuff whenever I walk by, or sit down to take a break. I'm always logged in, but not always sitting at the pc.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I have been meaning to ask and here seems to be the appropriate place.
If I shut down the internet explorer without 'logging off' from ATS do I still show as online? I know when I reopen ATS I am automatically logged in. That could also explain why some are shown as online when they are not???? Maybe?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Good question Vik...

IDK...

I too, leave myself logged in forever, and leave my Mac on all the time... But, i close Safari down...

I hope it still doesnt show me online...

I have to admit, sometimes i will be mid-post, typing, and a friend will walk in, and i will just leave the page up, half-finnished, and come back later to finnish it...

SO, at times, it may apear that i am online for hours on end... but in reality, i am actualy doing keg stands, and such...

I have also fallen asleep at the Keyboard before... but who isnt guilty of that...

SO, just for kicks, ill answer your questions...

Cause i have a feeding tube in me
No coffe just Red Bull
Yes
No
Yes
No

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm here, usually 6am till about 8-9pm.
I get a better viewpoint of what's going on in the world and people's reactions to it, than from CNN.
Why go anywhere else?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am off and on all day long as well. And usually only log off when I'm going to be away from it for awhile. I get lots of distractions at home so I may step away for an hour or two but still stay logged on. When I first get up I usually stop by my desktop and log in, I don't know why....it's like an old friend. But then I'll get on my laptop where I can move around the house and forget to log off the desktop. Jeez, so sometimes I'm logged in from two computers.....is that weird?

Yes to eating and sleeping.
No coffee, just lots and lots of fountain cokes.
No
The other me says 'Yes' I am mentally stable(ish).
No
Cat

Rush

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I leave my computer on and stay logged on all day 24/7 and check it throughout the day.

I assume that is where the 2% is coming from. That or agents that are on shift work constantly monitoring the site.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
OTOH there are peeps who don't come to BTS b/c they think it's 'slumming' or something.

To me BTS has all the good, real stuff. Survival forums, Cooking, etc.

Who's with me?

Well, they don't know what they're missing at BTS.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Why don’t you need sleep, food etc.?
I eat and sleep, check out some of my recipes on BTS.

How much coffee do you get through in a day?
None, no caffeine at all.

Are you a rejected super solder with too much time on your hands?
No, just stuck at a desk with two computers. One usually has an ATS tab open.

Are you mentally stable?
Not by a long shot.............

Were you mentally stable but now completely paranoid because you never leave ATS?
I was paranoid before I even found ATS.

Do you own a dog?
No dog, but I think my cats are plotting against me and implanting subliminal messages in my brain when I'm sleeping.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I believe this the place to be, if BTS is Slumming than I am one bumm slumming!!! I-say if you can't have the lighter side with the darker sides, then what good is it at all??

I'd stay here 24/7 if I could, but I sure like my REM TIME...

Sleep!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What I correlate as people that never leave are the posters responsible for long drawn out milti-linked multi-quote mellowdrammatic posts that take, literally, a few scrolls of the side bar to get thru. Those are the ones I consider to never leave ATS, as having, well, no life whatsoever. There is a certain, uhem, sect of people that are mostly responsible for this. If these people spend the same amount of energy arguing in real life as they do here, I hope to the gods that I never EVER meet them in real-time, might cost me my sobriety when done !! lol

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
multi-quote mellowdrammatic posts

Ah, yes; posts that are soothing but require dramamine to read then?

They aren't too bad; just don't read them while eating stewed tomatoes and sardines.
(just teasin')

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to leave ATS?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join