It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are like Dogs!! (they don't look up!!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
So I'm outside right now, doing a little sky-watching, and I'm focused on a patch of sky I usually watch.
Out of the corner of my eye, I see a streaking light, that fades in a way that was unusual. A firm believer in U.F.O.'s, I was alerted to this light, but it quickly disappeared!

Was it a spaceship streaking off into the night?

Nope, probably a shooting star.

But it did get me thinking.
Here I am, watching less than .01% of the Earth's sky for only ten minutes. How the hell am I supposed to catch a rare U.F.O., and record that data?

Well, I have recently acquired some camera's ($40 each) from a Rite-Aid that was closing shop, and these cameras will record on my DVR for 40 hours, which I can then dump onto my mac, and basically store a years worth of video for dirt cheap. (this was a home security purchase, and something that would have cost me thousands and thousands of dollars just 10 years ago.)

Are these cameras capable of handling the task of watching the sky?

Nope, again.

But I bet that it wouldn't take much to grab a couple of things a piece together a camera that could view the sky at day and night. Might even be able to cover the sky in my area with only 4 or 5 cameras. Something on my roof in a plastic bubble maybe?

Challenge to ATS Members!!
So why hasn't this been done? I think that a hundred ATS members out of 10,000 page views could afford such a set-up.
I further propose that there are enough experts in various fields here, that we could even come up with a cheap and effective way to do this where even a thousand members could set this up.

I mean, even Ricky Sorrels would have missed his sighting, had he not been tangled in briars. UFO sightings happen in waves, and this kind of video may not be the best evidence, (depending on your setup) but it would alert people to any activities in an area.

So like dogs, we rarely look up, but can spend hours on the computer fast forwarding through digital footage, which is easily erasable, and cheap to produce.

What do you think ATS? Flag it if you like it, and for God's sake, If you have a way to make this happen, stop sitting on your butts already!

[edit on 31-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I hear ya about sky vs online. I just got a new lens kit for my big damn telescope, and am now saving for a telescope suitable camera and adapter.

Being disabled doesn't help much tho, for the most part the PC is my life. But I do get out in the backyard whenever possible, with or without a tele, and just watch

I'M NO DOG !!! lol

[edit on 31/7/08 by Misfit]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Hi Jason
! I think what you where trying to do was get attention from your Heading Humans are like dogs.....so where does the Humans are like dogs come in!

If you had about 40 hrs of footage recorded! How are you going to view all this per day?This would be a boring job for a person to sit and look at footage of they sky!

I`ll go nuts...~!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I've already had my sightings, so I don't feel obligated to spend thousands to prove to myself UFO's are real. However I understand what you're trying to say here, but it will only get your videos, whatever they turn out to be, washed in disinformation.

The best route imo is to push political disclosure, but be well aware that the pathological liars will try and spin it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Good thing about taping the sky is when you get to see if anything happened you can fast forward to any points that get your interest. great.
bad points , you gotta have alot of cameras pointing a 180 degree by 180 degree 'bubble' over your house , even then the camera wont catch much more than what is in the immediate vicinity of the cameras. there'll be no zoom and it'll be out of focus coz most cameras focus on a fixed point.
Unless a UFO crosses that fixed point it'll be blurry.
You'd also need some time to view the recordings and if you scan forward fast you may actually miss something.
God thing about checking the recordings you can erase the useless .
Unless and alien pops up and waves your not going to get a lot.
What you really rreeeaalllyyy need is a lot of people in a huge area all to do the same thing, , and dump the recording to a mainframe for someone (fulltime) to study and analyse.
If thought about something similar, if I bought a house here in the UK I'd love to put cameras on the roof and tape anything overhead, but all I'd get is planes and pigeons.
You'd also have to buy the best cameras with the highest definition you can get to make the recordings worthwile. After all we've all seen blurry photos and videos that people debunk and shout 'hoax' at haven't we.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Humans are like Dogs!! (Prove me wrong!)

no tail

no fleas

no walking on all four

no licking myself

no smelling other peoples butts

no barking

no catching frisbee's with my mouth

no drooling

no leg humping

i could go on...

hope you get some good photo's for us to see !

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

Humans are like Dogs!! (Prove me wrong!)

no tail

no fleas

no walking on all four

no licking myself

no smelling other peoples butts

no barking

no catching frisbee's with my mouth

no drooling

no leg humping

i could go on...

hope you get some good photo's for us to see !

you speak for yourself matey, I don't have a tail but I do all the others though

[edit on 31/7/08 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

you speak for yourself matey, I don't have a tail but I do all the others though

alrighty then...i guess the title should have been :

some people are like dogs (prove me wrong)

#1 reason most people are not like dogs is because dogs can't use a camera or fake ufo photo's with cgi...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
ok - i have a few tech questions

what is the sensitivity [lux] of the cameras you intend to use - cheap cameras are cheap for a reason

sure on some cams you can up he gain / iso - but that introduces noise which may either hide genuine sightings , or ceate false positives

next - viewing , what play back spped do you intend to use , *2 , *4 *10 , faster ????????? -

at high speed its VERY easy to miss a fleeting event , litteraly blink , and you will miss it

kudos for having a good idea - but i do not think it will work in practice

PS - some of us do look up frequently - so please do not generalise

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I suppose any camera will do , over here in the UK I suppose some thng
www.maplin.co.uk...
would suffice? get about 2 lots though to cover most angles.
or maybe
www.maplin.co.uk...
depends on how much you want to spend, quality over quantity i suppose.
plus you can rig up almost anything these days, even tiny camera phone cameras can catch a picture, not a good quality, but enough for close flybys.
I don't really know a lot about cameras myself , but I'd probably try to find a decent set. I go for the higher numbers for the lower price.

[edit on 31/7/08 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think there's a chance of catching something anomalous on film but for it to carry weight, it would need to be backed up by other data such as radar etc etc, otherwise people will just say, another weather balloon or bug (if it's a day photo) and just another light in the sky if it's a night image.

The best places to try the techniques would be places where there is a large incidence of cattle mutilations, or where crop circles always appear seasonally.

The problem is, that many teams have already tried this and it's a 24/7 job which means you need funding. And to show for all the time spent and the effort, there is still very little in the way of evidence. Even from the hot spots.

One tip though... Don't go anywhere near domestic or air force flight paths, airports or military bases etc.

It's certainly a formidable task but by all means give it a go and good luck!

Kudos for being proactive!

IRM

[edit on 31/7/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Maybe you could get some ideas from the Hessdalen Project. They set up an automatic station which photographed the strange lights that were seen there.

Project Hessdalen

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Sorry, I have edited the title to better reflect my humor at 4 in the morning.

As for the rest of you, this can't be that expensive. You ought to see the quality I'm getting right now....

top topics

join