It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face of Sphinx does not resemble Chefren at all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's been shown that the face of the Sphinx is black african not egyptian. It probably predates Khefren by a great deal.

And beyond that, the head is perfectly proportioned to itself and the body is perfectly proportioned to itself. But they don't match each other! This would indicate that the body was carved long before the current face, and it probably had a lion head long before even the current head. At some point a black african king re-carved the head. But it definitely has nothing to do with Khefren.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Do you have something with text links that talk about the things you've mentioned?

People often read the board at work and really can't watch videos. Text links are really much more appreciated.

(and...err... "Black African" is sort of a misnomer. Egyptians are Africans, and many of them have very dark skin.)

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Forensic experts like Frank Domingo can identify what race someone is, the face on the Sphinx is not Egyptian

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

People forget, or simply don't know, that sculptural portraits in ancient Egypt (and most of ancient Greek sculpture) were never supposed to be realistic depictions of the individual.
They depicted an IDEAL, or simply a "concept" (in this case - or in the case of Tut-Ankh-Amun' funerary mask - the "concept" of kinghood).
Therefore any extrapolations or conclusions based on the features depicted are necessarily more or less useless.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
No they're not useless, experts have shown that statues of chefren definitely are Egyptian , and the sphinx definitely is not egyptian. The Sphinx is quite accurate and is black african.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
personally I think that a lot about the sphinx doesn't add up. not it's age noy t's eather damage, not it's face etc... and lots of statues of egyptians look exactly like the depictions given to them by historians. akhenaten etc

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

You forget that those people may be "experts" in their fields of expertise (forensic science, anthropology?), but they know very little or nothing about representational concepts and canons at the time. they base their asumptions on today's view on portraiture.

I know what I am talking about. And I have seen this happen much too often for comfort...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
personally I think that a lot about the sphinx doesn't add up.

So do I.

new topics

top topics

join