It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London hacker loses appeal over US extradition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

London hacker loses appeal over US extradition

www.breitbart.com

A London man accused of hacking into the computer systems of the US military and NASA on Wednesday lost his appeal against extradition to face trial.

Gary McKinnon, 42, tried to prevent his transfer to the United States to be tried over what has been described as the "biggest military hack of all time" by taking his case to Britain's highest court, the House of Lords.

But five judges unanimously rejected the appeal, paving the way for the unemployed UFO enthusiast to be extradited to the US, where he could be jailed for up to 70 years if convicted of sabotaging vital US defence systems.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think we would all like to know what the worlds governments know about the existence of extraterrestrials and UFO's but hacking government computer systems is not the way to do it. This guy is getting exactly what he deserves.

What are your opinions?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We all want the answers but he definitely went about it the wrong way.

Even if he had found the proof he was looking for did he expect to be able to just say, "Hey I hacked into the Pentagon's computers and look what I found!"

He would have been dismissed straight away by the serious disclosure community and wound up in prison anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is a travesty of Justice.Millions of people have hacked into the Nasa pc's.
I don't see them going after all of them, only the dumb guy who didn't know to hide his tracks.
Just like the guy they pulled out of his home country in Australia, for uploading "windows" to file sharing servers.
Yes thats right, the taxpayer pays for legal proceedings and prison time for some guy who's never even been to the USA.
Who didn't break any criminal laws but only based upon a theoretical monetary loss figure which isn't even real.
Because 80% of the people who didn't pay for it, don't possess the income to pay for it legally in the first place.Therefore are NOT a lost sale.
Hed never even been to the USA.And he has to go there to go to prison??
Because of the damn internet??
These people should be tried and imprisoned in there own country.
Why the hell does the US prison system have to foot the bill????
This is getting ridiculous.Its showing how the military industrial complex is beginning its world domination and its NWO.Total enslavement.No borders.
One world Nazi corporate government.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
This is a travesty of Justice.Millions of people have hacked into the Nasa pc's.

He hacked into the military network, not NASA

I don't see them going after all of them, only the dumb guy who didn't know to hide his tracks.

Do you have evidence that the military hasn't prosecuted a single hacker that tried to break in?

Just like the guy they pulled out of his home country in Australia, for uploading "windows" to file sharing servers.
Yes thats right, the taxpayer pays for legal proceedings and prison time for some guy who's never even been to the USA.

I am happy to pay for the prosecution of criminals who try to usurp my nation.

Who didn't break any criminal laws but only based upon a theoretical monetary loss figure which isn't even real.
Because 80% of the people who didn't pay for it, don't possess the income to pay for it legally in the first place.Therefore are NOT a lost sale.

what?

Hed never even been to the USA.And he has to go there to go to prison??
Because of the damn internet??
These people should be tried and imprisoned in there own country.
Why the hell does the US prison system have to foot the bill????
This is getting ridiculous.Its showing how the military industrial complex is beginning its world domination and its NWO.Total enslavement.No borders.
One world Nazi corporate government.

So according to that logic Osama Bin Laden should not be punished for the 9/11 attacks because he has never been to New York?

Are you kidding? Surely you are kidding.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Osama bin laden sent people to the USA, to KILL people.
This is about corporate "theoretical" lost profits.
Surely you are kidding to try and compare it??

"He hacked into the military network, not NASA"

There computer systems were un secure.
Everyone was going into them.
They were "open"
In fact he did them a favor for showing them they were unsecured.

"Do you have evidence that the military hasn't prosecuted a single hacker that tried to break in?"

Do you have any evidence they did?

"I am happy to pay for the prosecution of criminals who try to usurp my nation."

You are a minority.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Interestinggg]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

OK so theoretically if I logged onto your bank account and you had no password I am justified in taking all your money and it would be unfair to punish me?

There computer systems were un secure.
Everyone was going into them.
They were "open"
In fact he did them a favor for showing them they were unsecured.

Everyone who? Are you talking about NASA PCs again or the Army network?

If I understand you correctly you think it's ok for anyone in the world to log into America's military network and do whatever they want just because Bill Gates charges too much for Windows?

"Do you have evidence that the military hasn't prosecuted a single hacker that tried to break in?"

Do you have any evidence they did?

Actually I would refer you to your own thread. The military is prosecuting the person that tried to break in. The one person. Are there others?

You are a minority.

What does my race have to do with this?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I don't understand why flag-waving 'patriots' think that they can take the moral high ground by defending the US.GOV.MIC, as though it is an idol of human purity and integrity.

The US.GOV.MIC is a cess-pool of evil, corruption and moral bankruptcy. So McKinnon took a peek inside its computer systems - big deal.

Here's something for the US.GOV.MIC to think about: If you have nothing to hide, then why should you care who's monitoring you?

It's hilarious when the US.GOV.MIC tries to use the same anti-terror propaganda on its citizens when it reminds them that they need to be monitored and screened for security purposes. If you have nothing to hide, then you won't mind being spied upon - yeah right!

Good one, Gary. I appluad what you did. You were only keeping tabs on the secret stuff that is hidden from us all. It's pretty damn easy to see that the US.GOV.MIC doesn't like being spied upon, despite the fact that it spies on EVERYONE else! Screw them. Free Gary.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yes! emsed1 You've just proven that you are a typical lying mason, who twists words and the truth at every opportunity he gets.Well done! Its here for all to see what you really are.You may go now.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Interestinggg]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
OK, lets get somethings straight, Gary McKinnon has not once said he didn't deserve to be punished, he knew he was breaking the law and potentially going to prison, but he was sick of getting lied to about Free energy devices aswell as ET's. Gary served a 12 month sentence in Britain, for the crime he had commited, the sentence was only community service, but IMO, he deserves a medal. He stated himself he wouldn't mind going to prison, for as long as HIS judicial system tried him and convicted him.

Now did he find anything? or is the whole "I found evidence of ET's and a cover up" bogus?

Well, first, before the US officially tried to extradite him, they offered him 5 years, 6 months in US, rest of sentence in UK, Gary agreed and asked for it in writing. The fella on the phone got all edgy and said if he didn't agree, they'd prosecute to the full extent of the law.

Second, they created a law to extradite him, a law which states that no evidence is needed for extradition, this was given to the EU, only Britain and Ireland signed it, disgusting, this to me casts doubt on the supposed 'damages' he had done to the machines.

Third, THEY ARE PROSECUTING HIM FOR 70 YEARS!! 7 CHARGES OF 10 YEARS, EACH! (found the figures). Seriously, 70 years, serial killers, paedophiles, gerontophiles, dictators don't get this.

I hope he did have some screenshots of the things he saw, we'll know, if there is a sudden change of heart from the US.

Although what he did was illegal, what he was trying to prove the US government was doing (among others) is far worse and effects more than 1 nations pride and secrets.

Edit: Oh yea, and they were trying to charge him as a terrorist, this would skip his rights and he would disapear into GITMO.

FREE GARY McKINNON!!

[edit on 30-7-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
He gets "done" for hacking the military network, I bet the Chinese have been doing it for years. I bet they are pretty annoyed that he got caught, loophole fixed .. temporarily !!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Yes! You've just proven that you are a typical lying mason, who twists words and the truth at every opportunity he gets.Well done! Its here for all to see what you really are.You may go now.

Perhaps we could get back to the thread at hand.

Let's review -

The OP asked if we had opinions.

You said it was a travesty of justice.

I disagreed.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
Second, they created a law to extradite him, a law which states that no evidence is needed for extradition, this was given to the EU, only Britain and Ireland signed it,

This proves that the entire legal system is corrupted and can be subverted any way that the GOV.MIC wishes.

They want him, no matter what, so they'll introduce as many laws as they need, to get him. Now to me, THAT'S immoral and illegal.

Free Gary, he didn't do anything wrong. I don't care if it was 'legal' or 'illegal', they are just definitions made by a rules lawyer in a corrupt system. To me, there's right and wrong and they're a lot harder to define.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

If the US government can 'pluck' any person they please from other countries, then the NWO is well on its way, A LAW, WHICH STATES NO EVIDENCE IS REQUIRED FOR EXTRADITION!

Funny how only England and Ireland signed it...

EMM

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yes, mate. It shows who's holding hands together, doesn't it?

It's a pathetic attempt to witch-hunt Gary.

If the USA.GOV.MIC had nothing to hide, then why do they want him that much?

Big Brother NWO obviously can't cope with its own guerrilla tactics being used back against it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Few too many loons inside this thread to put much effort into this post, but here goes.

1. He broke the law.
2. He got caught.
3. He should be punished.

Someone said the 70 years he's looking at are ridiculous when you consider rapists, murderers, and pedos get far less... I agree 100%. A life sentence for rape, pedophilia, and true murders should be the absolute minimum sentence issued with death being the preferred judgement.

Someone else said that the government shouldn't have anything to hide... you are an ass if you actually believe that. There are branches of the government which should be fully transparent, the US military is not one of them. Disagree if you wish, I have no intention of debating the fact with you because there is no Earthly way anyone can say that our national security should be fully transparent and all information readily available. That's like putting a combination lock on your bike with a little card attached that has the combination number so everyone can see it.

Yet another person suggested that this is an example of the NWO, Nazis having taken over the world, and the military industrial complex, not to mention a token nod at the free masons...
To that I can only say "what!?!?" My God man, you are all over the damn map. If you could just figure out some way to toss reptilians, the year 2012, and how the guy was close to discovering photographs of George Bush carefully placing thermalite in building 7 you, sir, would become an overnight ATS LEGEND.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I like it.

London's policy SHOULD be "hack n' sack'.
He certainly got "sacked" by his own country.
He did commit a crime here, folks. You do realize that?

Well...what else can I say?

Welcome to the madcap States brother...hope you survive.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I was refering to the aparent ease of a country arresting another countries citizen, the lack of borders, or a countries right to protect it's citizens, not to mention the ridiculous sentence he was given. I agree, he broke the law, he agrees, he broke the law, the only thing he was asking for, was a trial in his own country, NOT TO BE LET OFF, SCOTT FREE. But this wasn't enough for the US, they don't want justice, they want revenge and the knowledge that their dirty little secrets are safely kept close to their chest, I repeat, disgusting.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by tezzajw

If the US government can 'pluck' any person they please from other countries, then the NWO is well on its way, A LAW, WHICH STATES NO EVIDENCE IS REQUIRED FOR EXTRADITION!

EMM

I would like to point out that Gary McKinnon, the hacker in question, admitted to hacking U.S. government computer systems.

McKinnon was never charged in Britain, despite admitting that he hacked into the sensitive computer systems in the United States from a bedroom in a house belonging to the aunt of his girlfriend between 2001 and 2002.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's not about him being extradited to be punished, clearly its so he can "work" for them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join