It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in Maryland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I live in the U.S., I live in the state of Maryland. have any of you ever seen or heard about any UFO activity in my state or surrounding states. Im not saying I want to be abducted or anything, but I have never seen one. I stopped looking up at the sky in the late 90s and recently I have started again. I have even tried to refine my lame search for UFOs by looking even higher, especially at night. I look up at the stars and see if I can see anything bright moving in an odd way. Before I usually tended to look at a relatively low level. Also I have heard of the UFOs over the white house, and some stories about pennsylvania.

I just wanted to see if any of you guys had heard or seen anything about UFO activity in MD.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hey! Hey! Hey! Are you stalking me? That's where I live! Are you trying to follow me or something?
j/k

I don't think there are many UFO's over here. I think UFO's find us boring. They would rather go to Washington DC and hover above the Whitehouse.

I would think that if there was UFO activity over here they would be around military bases.

I too look at the skies, but, I don't usually see UFO's... the most I'll see will be something that looks like stealth fighters... or I'll see some private jets or helicopters... but that's it.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i used to live in southern MD near La Plata.
my whole family saw a UFO in a field one winter like 8 or 9 years ago.
really bright light close by and low moving around with no sound.
wether it was an alien craft or some govt black project from PAX river I have no idea.

im sure others have seen some, i believe its supposed to be a hotzone for that type of stuff.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceman84

I'm in Virginia and yes, I've had two sightings. One of which was probably military test craft at high altitude traveling at a very high rate of speed.

The other, was not so explainable. A friend and I were walking on campus and we were "buzzed" by a ball of light, about basketball size. The light then continued traveling for a few hundred yards and shot off into the sky.

The former of the two sightings was just last year, the latter was around a decade ago. Both were reported to MUFON.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I live near Martin state airport in Maryland and have never seen anything in the sky that didn't look and move like an airplane.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I live in Owings Mills, MD and the only thing that I can say I see sometimes is the star like objects that that seem to move very rapidly in the high altitude. Other than that I try to search every night, nothing out of the norm tho

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You can read about MD sightings (and in all states) in the www.mufon.com or www.nuforc.com sites on the web. I've heard of a few somewhat popular sightings in MD where some folks saw fighter jet(s) chasing something around early one morning around Silver Springs, etc. Those web sites will have dozens of sightings in each state per year of "something". Some are just ISS fly-overs. It always ramps up when ISS is seen in the evening sky - especially if the shuttle is following it around. In fact, the first time I saw the ISS was with the Shuttle just far behind on a direct fly-over last fall. Was great but I do think that some folks would report that as UFOs. There are web sites to let you know when you can see the ISS and other space objects flying overhead.

I get down to Owings Mills from time to time for one of my customers. Next time down there, I'll look up.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses. I live near BWI airport and I get alot of planes flying over head at low altitude landing and taking off. I was thinking maybe the UFOs might be interested in the airport or the planes, since they seem to always get near them. But that doesnt even atract them so I can get a look.

top topics

join