It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Cruelty and Pet Ownership

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Haha, I feel that is a very good idea but the problem is...his mum. His mum could be classed as nothing less than your average...Phycopath. If anything happens at all in her house she puts the blame instantly on her sons friends...trhis being me, Billy and a couple of others. It would just be impossible to get away with.

Unfortunatley

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The only good idea you had was the ban on existing offenders. Create whatever imaginary scenario you want but making it harder and more expensive to own animals is only going to cause less and less people to buy them, animals will be put down 20x as much as they allready do because they can't find homes.

Forced tracking chips? LOL? I don't want to put my dog at risk of infection and I don't like the idea of being tracked, because where my dog is I am sure to be close by.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
What has happened to our society, are kids just bored? I think it's time we introduced some proper legeslation regarding pet ownership, and so here are my ideas for the law to be created.

Ironically, you answered your own question.

1. Anyone purchasing a pet should legally be required to have insurance arranged for it. If someone sells a pet to someone else without them having insurance, then they should be up for a massive fine anda ban frm selling animals, and the purchaser should also incur a massive fine and a ban from owning any animals, for life.

2. Many pet abusers are often banned from owning them for a limited number of years. This should be changed to a blanket ban, if someone abuses an animal then they should be banned for life from keeping animals, and if found to be keeping animals should be imprisoned.

3. All pets should be electronically tagged so that if abandoned the owners can be prosecuted.

These are my ideas, i have had 3 cats and have always had insurance, it just makes sense and has actually paid for itself many times over. I have also had them tagged and this was useful as one of them got run over once. He died but at least i found out what happened to him.

Here you went into great detail regarding what has happened to the Brits. From the stories my Grandmother told me about what my grandfather and other fighting Englishmen endured during WW2, you wouldn't think that they would have ever sacrificed their pride to turn into the nanny state like they have. But now you're watched on every corner, and you need laws for everything, You can't own guns freely, but criminals do, people get stabbed to death, So it shouldn't be too long until they legislate knife ownership. Now your are asking for laws for owning a pet........ yes...... soon you will have to pass a test before you can own a goldfish.

What the hell happened to England anyway? Seriously, how in the hell can you be proud of any of that?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

No sorry not comparable. I oppose ID cards, cameras on every corner and the tracking of cars. Pets are a very different thing entirely, i am not asking the government to license pet ownership, just requiring a law to make anyone who owns a pet get insurance isn't nanny state at all. It's responsibility.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What has happened to our society, are kids just bored? I think it's time we introduced some proper legeslation regarding pet ownership, and so here are my ideas for the law to be created.

I think you need to butt out of people's business and let them be. Animals don't have rights, but people do. Stop trying to lower us to their level by protecting them with rules and regulations. If you don't want to treat your animals in a certain way, fine, but you don't have any business telling me or anyone else how we should be allowed to treat our own.

Animal cruelty is an oxymoronic phrase. Animals are by nature cruel amongst themselves, so nothing human beings may do to them is necessarily any worse than what could happen to them in the wild. In short, the idea of protecting beasts with human law is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

It is the same. Its personal responsibility to get pet insurance, not the governments.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Thing is that lots of people don't take that responsibility and so maybe, after all this time of trying it one way, we need to try something else.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Are you naive? If you eat ANY ANIMAL PRODUCT AT ALL, i hope that you know that these animals go through things that are similar to the ones you are so against. Yes, it is bad that people hurt animals, but does it make it right to hurt animals for food too? either way, animals are NOT people. And to make people pay a FINE for selling or buying a pet is another step toward a NEW WORLD ORDER where you cannot buy or sell anything without big brother knowing about it. FINES ARE NEVER THE ANSWER. all they do is line the pockets of the elite.

The only way to stop these acts is to PUNTISH THE ONES WHO HAVE ALREADY COMMITED THE CRIMES. Not this GWB style preemptive strike style lawmaking that you are suggesting.

[edit- quoted the wrong poster, meant to be directed at OP]

[edit on 31-7-2008 by MockedUnicorn]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MockedUnicorn

It's rediculous this is being equated with a NWO, this is abot stopping cruelty on a wide scale that is happening in the UK. It is trying to discourage those who would abuse animals from buying pets by making them get insurance for them. Not many of these sickos would be willing to pay for insurance.

I also stated above about more punishment as well, so maybe you agree with one part of it but not another. I want a multi-pronged approach, not the system we've had all these years that is failing.

Edited because i can't type well and my keyboard hates me

[edit on 31-7-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join